ACAD & Fusion 360 Software, Tutorials & Books

Good Day

If in the wrong Page please move it to the correct one.

I am new to CAD (have used CorelDraw in the past) and have downloaded Fusion 360. Which books can be recommended to start the learning curve, as there are so many out there.

I am also considering downloading AutoCAD if I am not happy with Fusion as there are plenty of books available.

Also please advise if I should stay with AutoCAD or go to Fusion 360.

I know a few people that use Fusion 360 and love it.

Be aware that the full blown AutoCad Suite is pricey.

https://www.autodesk.com/products/autocad/subscribe?plc=ACDIST&term=1-YEAR&support=ADVANCED&quantity=1

And there are many more knowledgeable folks on this forum who can help you find a CAD package that fits your needs.

Thanks,

Harvey

Downloaded Fusion 360 and was given a 3 year Educational licence, as well, I am receiving a 100 days of lessons from them.

I have started with the lessons and will keep people informed of the progress. It must be borne in mind that I am not a CAD user, so this is my first foray into something new and will giver it my all to learn.

Thanks to all for the information.

Update on the Training so far: I have completed the introduction and am busy with the 3D introduction.  The lessons are video and includes the lesson plans with drawings. There is one aspect that would help use all (if F360 is used) is the Fusion Team. Example: If all the knowledgeable and professional builders (EdT, Montanes, to name but a few) use F360 and are on the Fusion Team, we that are still on a learning curve can send our CAD drawings to them for appraisal and assistance where we go wrong.

Cheers

Edited by Castos

• 1 month later...

I have done all the training through Autodesk but it did not help a lot. I purchased the below book and have started working through it, It is more informative and I have a better understanding than what Autodesk provide in their online training.

F360 Book.jpg

• 1 month later...

There is a Video based training site called Lynda.com. It is an extension of LinkedIn. It costs, BUT check with your local library. My library card (Yes, they still have those) gives me free unlimited access to Lynda.com. Check with your library for possible access.

It contains many professional training videos on All of AutoDesk's products (and countless other large companies...SolidWorks, Rhino, SketchUp, Blender,...) If you can, just check it out....Any professional Applications...Microsoft......all the way to programming Rasberry Pi, arduino and so on. It is well worth the check out. You won't be disappointed. No I am not a paid sales advertisement for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Have completed the book and tutorial. Although I struggled to understand some of the concepts, I battled through the exercises. Some took a bit longer, but problem-solving helped.

Not for quite a few practical exercise before I start my attempt at lofting plans. When I do, I will keep a log of what I do so that I can get assistance I where I go wrong.

Cheers

The last couple of days and nightshift I worked through some exercises, which went well. No for the proof of the pudding to put the bit of knowledge into practice. I have the Plans for the 120 gun Montebello and converted it from a PDF file to SVG file for uploading. once uploaded I will start a new Post of redrawing the plans to do lofting. I feel that I am ready to attempt it and will be asking the experts for advice/solve a problem only if I cannot solve it myself, otherwise how am I going to learn.  "You take a crash, you get back up and next time you succeed and that's a great feeling. "