Asking permission to come aboard!

KORTES

Greetings, my honorable colleagues! I’d be very happy to join your forum.
My name is Alexander. I have been making models for about 10 years. My first model was Royal Caroline of the Mantua firm. I have made several refinements , if anybody would be interested in the process of assembly, it can be found on http://forum.modelsworld.ru/topic8339.html.
My second work was schooner La Jacinthe. I made it on the basis of the drawings from the very beginning, dimensions 1:42. The report can be seen on forums http://forum.modelsworld.ru/topic12280.html www.shipmodeling.ru/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=70348.
I would be very happy if my reports would be of a help to somebody during the modeling process.
At the moment I am working on the Friech Boeir Yacht "SPERWER" .
Respectfully yours

IMG_0310 - копия1.jpg

_DSC0090ф.jpg

IMG_1531ф1.jpg

Решение (7) .jpg

Edited by KORTES

Do come aboard Kortes. I think if you may have already realized what a rich source of model building techniques, projects and general information sharing there is here. I was just thinking of my early experiences with the NRG some 40 plus years ago. I was a newbie and was intimidated by the works of others at the NRG Symposiums and even ran aground with some less friendly members who were not willing to share. That is not the case here by any stretch of the imagination.

Also do share some pictures of your work.

Joe

Welcome to MSW, Kortes.    Feel free to open a build log of your latest here at MSW.  We'd love to follow along.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Alexander, what can I say to such a fine job of modeling except magnificent!  :10_1_10: I went all the way through your log of the schooner La Jacinthe and could only marvel at your workmanship.  It looks like a fine piece of furniture.  You will be a most welcome member of MSW, as after modeling for only 10 years, you have many unique methods of doing things, like your shaping of your belaying pins and the use of staples to do your planking.

As you will find out by going through the various topics you will find that alot of us also have pet assistants (although you seem to have the only rabbit so far) to keep an eye on us during our work (?).

I'm sure all of us will be looking forward to your next ships log.:dancetl6:

Dave

“You’ve just got to know your limitations”  Dirty Harry

Current Builds:  Modified MS 1/8” scale Phantom, and modified plastic/wood hybrid of Aurora 1:87 scale whaling bark Wanderer.

Past Builds: (Done & sold) 1/8” scale A.J. Fisher 2 mast schooner Challenge, 1/6” scale scratch built whaler Wanderer w/ plans & fittings from A.J. Fisher, and numerous plastic kits including 1/8” scale Revell U.S.S. Constitution (twice), Cutty Sark, and Mayflower.

(Done & in dry dock) Modified 1/8” scale Revell U.S.S. Constitution w/ wooden deck and masting [too close encounter w/conc. floor in move]

Hope to get to builds: MS 3/16” scale Pride of Baltimore II,  MS 1/2” scale pinky schooner Glad Tidings,  a scratch build 3/16” scale  Phantom, and a scratch build 3/16" scale Denis Sullivan.

I am very touched by your attention for my work and very happy that my reports have helped somebody  in building their ships. In the near future, I’m planning on uploading my reports on working on the De boeier “Sperwer”. I would be very happy if it would be interesting for you.

Respectfully yours .

Edited by KORTES