Ship Kit Database

believe parts of the server are down, for maintenance

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Contact Adam @skerryamp (the developer) - not sure if he stops by MSW very often these days, though.

Edited by trippwj

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

8 minutes ago, vmwilson1 said:

Thanks Wayne and Kevin.  I will give Adam an email.

Vic

No problem.  I sent him a note on Facebook - will let you know if I hear back.

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

It's been awhile since I've Adam post. I hope he's okay and just busy.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 11 months later...

I get an "under construction" notice on that page.   If you go to the top of the page and click on "More" and then "Articles Database" it works just fine.  We are in the process of re-working the database but it's not live yet.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 7 months later...

Does anyone know if the Ship Kit Database will be back, or is it gone for good. I haven't been able to find it in the "Articles Database"?

And the link on the right side of the homepage appears to be a dead link.

RussR 

"Peace is not something you wish for; It's something you make, Something you do, Something you are, And something you give away" by Robert Fulghum

1 minute ago, RussR said:

Does anyone know if the Ship Kit Database will be back, or is it gone for good. I haven't been able to find it in the "Articles Database"?

And the link on the right side of the homepage appears to be a dead link.

RussR 

i will have a look, but all builds are now tagged, have you tried a search recently, 

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

20 minutes ago, Kevin said:

i will have a look, but all builds are now tagged, have you tried a search recently, 

I have found the log listings but at one time there was a database for kit manufactures that had the scale, period, length height width and so forth. I guess it is gone now.

It is the link on the right side of the homepage. And I haven't found it in the  "Articles Database" as Mark suggest.

If it is gone it's gone. But that was as handy as a "shirt on a pocket". 😀

"Peace is not something you wish for; It's something you make, Something you do, Something you are, And something you give away" by Robert Fulghum

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

Thanks for your effort. The link that you provided is a help. 

https://suburbanshipmodeler.com/model-ship-kit-database/

This notice by the discussed site may explain the problems some are having: 

"This site uses a custom design that depends on HTML5 support, meaning that for it to work properly you must be using a fairly current web browser.  If you are using an older browser (any version of Internet Explorer, or any web browser older than about 2 years), you will likely see things that don’t look right or don’t work properly."

Download a free copy of the Chrome browser. That works for me. Internet Explorer, a widely used browser, is, I believe, no longer supported and has been replace by Chrome, Bing, and others. As time goes on, with increasing frequency, we who have used Internet Explorer for many years will continue to encounter problems such as those mentioned in this thread. Remember when they came out with 45 RPM records with the big hole in the middle? Perhaps not.  Anyway, if you are still  playing your eight-track tapes, don't try to figure this out. Just use Chrome or Bing and you'll be okay.

I am using Google Chrome. The Database link on the right side of the Homepage is dead.

The link that Kevin found for me on the net works fine.

Just use this link instead.

https://suburbanshipmodeler.com/model-ship-kit-database/

All is good now.

Russ, I don't recall that database nor do I see a link dead or otherwsie to it.   Can you pop a screenshot of you homepage??   I looked at the link you show but don't ever recall seeing one like that.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

18 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

Russ, I don't recall that database nor do I see a link dead or otherwsie to it.   Can you pop a screenshot of you homepage??   I looked at the link you show but don't ever recall seeing one like that.

On the right above USA Air Brush Supply and below Sherline Products. There is a link that says "Ship Kit DataBase".

I am using Google Chrome and the link just runs and never opens.

I am good with it. Kevin sent me a link that provided me with what I was looking for.

Kevin also sent me this link to the original MSW thread.

It doesn't look like it is available anymore.

RussR

2020-07-05.thumb.png.85e50cd2a0b35481cdfc6e3e3b4c5a45.png

It is indeed dead.  I've PM'd the admins to remove the link and also a pinned post for the link.  I guess Adam killed his website.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Its still there.  Its with the sponsor banners.  And it still works but I fear it hasnt been updated in ages.   

http://mswshipkits.ampitcher.com/

chuck