An attempt at hull modeling with Fusion 360 Loft + Rails

Peter - Are you aware that F360 has a Slicing feature? It is a free addon that you can install. If you have a solid design, you can slice it into frames. You can specify the number of frames and the thickness of each frame. You can also specify the number of frames lengthwise and side to side. For our purposes this allows you to create the former and bulkheads of a ship's hull. The slicer function will even lay the parts out on a sheet for Laser cutting. If you specify the thickness of your material the parts will even have the slots defined to create your structure to be planked. I am currently working on a Scratch build of the original America. Your work above has been a huge help. I hope to start a build log soon and will share what I learn about F360 here.

I have access to both a large format laser cutter & CNC router. My plan is to build a 1:24 scale model. I have purchased the plans from the Smithsonian. and scanned them and with some help built the hull model in F360. Now comes the testing, tweaking, etc. So that I can build a plank on bulkhead model.

Current Builds - 18th Century Longboat, MS Syren

Completed Builds - MS Bluenose, Panart BatteStation Cross section, Endevour J Boat Half Hull, Windego Half Hull, R/C T37 Breezing Along, R/C Victoria 32, SolCat 18

On the shelf - Panart San Felipe, Euromodel Ajax, C.Mamoli America, 

Its a sailor's Life for me! :10_1_10: