Added little details such as an anchor buoy can add to the overall appearance of a ships model. Being an avid fly fisherman I came  up with this solution. I used a strike indicator (bobber) which is used in nymphing. They have a slot down the middle which you can use to form your two loops then double back to the far end and wind your line around the buoy towards you. I found it easiest to stop half way and cover with watered down white glue. Hold it in place either with fingers or a clamp if you have one that will work. Let it dry then finish the other half and tuck the free tag into the slot after applying the glue mixture. Let it dry again then attach your coiled line. Strike indicators come in 3 sizes so you can choose one to fit your scale.

20181221_134742.jpg

20181221_134837.jpg

Completed scratch build: The armed brig "Badger" 1777

Current scratch build: The 36 gun frigate "Unite" 1796

Completed kits: Mamoli "Alert", Caldercraft "Sherbourne"

another simple problem solver kudos

John Allen

Current builds HMS Victory-Mamoli

On deck

USS Tecumseh, CSS Hunley scratch build, Double hull Polynesian canoe (Holakea) scratch build

Finished

Waka Taua Maori War Canoe, Armed Launch-Panart, Diligence English Revenue Cutter-Marine  Model Co.