Fiskars Fingertip Detail Knives

I recently purchased a Fiskars Fingertip Detail Knife - which holds a #11 blade (& maybe others) - I am finding it essential for real small detailed cuts as due to its design (it wraps around your forefinger) it gives you so much control.

They also have a Fingertip Swivel Detail Knife which holds a special blade but I have not been able to purchase it locally.

fingertip detail knife.JPG

fingertip swivel detail knife.JPG

Edited by Richmond

Current Builds

Mikasa by I Love Kit - 1:200 - Plastic

HMS Beagle by Occre - 1:48 - Wood

23 hours ago, Richmond said:

They also have a Fingertip Swivel Detail Knife which holds a special blade but I have not been able to purchase it locally.

Hi Richmond

I was about to jump in and say Spotlight have those detail knives but when I just looked online I can't find them. I know I've seen them somewhere as I was looking at them as an alternative to a leatherworkers swivel knife used in leather carving.

I did however find 2 versions on Amazon.com.au, the version you pictured for $17 & a 'new' version with a rubberised fingertip  in place of the knurled one for $25. Perhaps I did see them in Spotlight and they've dropped the 'old' and are waiting for the 'new'.

Personally I think I'd prefer the old version, the rubberised grips they like putting on things are great when new but always seem to go manky after a couple of years.

Fiskars Fingertip Swivel Knife

Fiskars New Fingertip Swivel Knife Superior Control Softgrip Detail

Mark

Edited by mgdawson

Mark D

Mark ,

Thanks, I did see them on Amazon.com.au as well, I purchased the Carson Magnivisors from the same company, trouble is I assumed they were coming from within Australia until they quoted me the PP!! fact is they are US based! I didn't mind for the Magnivisors as they are rarer then hens teeth in Australia but I wouldn't do the same for the knife.

Hopefully Spotlight realise soon why the blades are not selling being that they are useless without the knife ! :)

Regards

Richmond

Current Builds

Mikasa by I Love Kit - 1:200 - Plastic

HMS Beagle by Occre - 1:48 - Wood