"Revellution" funny car by popeye the sailor - FINISHED - Revell - 1:16

I know J...........I finally got done with the work week.  I should be able to put the finishing touches on her  :) 

thanks Patrick.......far cry from what I did with the English Leather,  I can tell ya that! ;)    I did a lot more painting on this car.   I was also able to figure out things that my feeble mind couldn't back then.  with luck,  I should have it finished tomorrow

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

sorry to say........snow was the word of the day over here.   I didn't do much on the car,  although I'm beginning to wish I hadn't decided to .......well,  you'll see it soon enough ;)    last night the sidewalk plow went by and practically closed off the driveway.......so this morning I was out there again,  doing hard labor.   the boulders were so big,  I felt like I was working on a chain gang!   ...making small rocks from large boulders.

once I got back in the house and caught my breath,  I began to tinker....threading a very stubby piece of black hose onto a piece of wire.   shaping it,  it gave me the makings of the pull handle for the chute :) 

1380831187_1.jpg.f4f8caceedc392b09bd2c00e70952067.jpg

the support bars for the body have already been painted aluminum.   I had decided to run the cable from the roof.    getting a good idea of how long the cable needs to be,  it was cut to length,  a hole was drilled through the cockpit shroud,  and the cable was fed through it.  it was then fastened in place with some brass brackets that I had made for another of my projects........worked well here.

903853492_2.jpg.4c728215dc032edb03d7c3cdaf373b67.jpg

the main part of the pull handle was painted silver......the grab handle part was left black.   it was a bit of a pain to thread the pull handle into the tubing.......but once that was done,  the brackets and around them was touched up in the flat gray.   putting the body on the car,  I tried to get a picture her........it's not very good :( 

872711021_3.jpg.6790d8da2a5df0d6a1299186c8fc67fb.jpg

all it shows me,  is that I need to touch up around the window again {'cuz I keep pick'in up the body by the roof}.   here is another unflattering picture.

1997576627_4.jpg.e4067f3ae69336462296b0687392cfb6.jpg

here's a better one.........I'll try and get a better one once the car is finished ;) 

528957603_5.jpg.0f1e8f58642a441d1f58b3ae1bc98241.jpg

next up.........the brake lever / master cylinder....and plumbing.   I need to do some various touch ups too.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

the master cylinder it is  ;) .........the first order of business though is the tubing.   it's kinda bundled up behind the seat.......I need to get it so it will straighten out.   stuffing wire in as far as it would go,  it was trimmed off,  and then pushed in further with a pick.   bending it now was very easy to do.

595299036_1.jpg.ff08a7e4413224f68a55b5f60391d3a8.jpg

the master cylinder assembly was cemented in place........of course,  the lever had to break in the middle.   I fixed it though....touch it up later.   when dry,  the hose was bent to fit.......it was fashioned to meet the pin on the master cylinder.

1915489465_2.jpg.ecf617c1170e955d72e855c520f65c99.jpg

it was attached with a touch of super glue.

161888117_3.jpg.b9eea69100040023c2dbe0b06f85a820.jpg

the next area to finish up is the oil filter....I think there is one other hose too......when these are done, the model will be done  :) 

907771734_4.jpg.1512def52245d20c8ce27cbf8a130af2.jpg

note the hoses coming from the fuel tank......they were the ones that were causing the body to not want to sit fully on the chassis.......they are squashed down now ;) .......the few days with the body in place paid off!.   around the seat needed to be touched up as well.   the flat black paint has too much thinner in it........the common solution.......remove some.   what I do.........by now,  it has set and separated from sitting around these past few days........I just stuck a rolled up piece of paper towel in the bottle and let some of the thinner soak into the towel.  after a few times,  the level has gone down enough where I can mix the paint.   it's still a dead pan sheen,  but the coverage is much better.

16666125_5.jpg.6b28a59d7ff664504b0413e625b4982f.jpg

there are no more plastic parts for the model.......do the last connections and the car is finished.  I will try and do this today......

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I didn't have to fiddle 'round too much J........drilled the holes in the top of the oil filter bracket and installed the hoses.  there was one other hose that went from the bottom of the tank,  to the pump.   the Revellution is now complete  :)   here is the gallery 🏁

136605669_2.jpg.7712c06d13676657b572842591522872.jpg

785399579_3.jpg.9300fca02da6177574e5d9c548db2f82.jpg

1693458900_4.jpg.8266ee22e3500365b638042dc3a71a8f.jpg

2053325932_5.jpg.61023d24b03bd4a8880f62d65e7623cf.jpg

1758003808_6.jpg.45325eb4f28c9678d6bd25261024d4dc.jpg

2146482040_7.jpg.4383ed5ae5059a58147dda90b7cbbf97.jpg

224734928_8.jpg.45fa4917efd637fe00f6d62b13e2b981.jpg

1204177932_9.jpg.0fb65b07350a279fd1ee51aba6b029e4.jpg

1771165279_10.jpg.3595d92d924ca8596985fb837af75c40.jpg

1575156827_11.jpg.02a8a2faf5bdb3e0037673278f49d0de.jpg

...here's an odd shop of the underside.

1461084558_1.jpg.5982d5b89ee589bbe5f68002f3ba89dc.jpg

thanks to all who followed along.....I'm very glad you enjoyed it  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Nice clean build...love the detail, that last pic is one you would not necessarily want to see for real!!   Hey I meant to ask earlier...did you top coat after the decals?

thanks J.........I still made a couple mistakes,  but it came out better that the English Leather.   even though I filled the void with this one,  I'd still like to find another kit.......then I could do more than I did back then.   the underside shot is odd........something not usually photographed.  I promise to keep her on all fours  ;)    I don't usually do a top coat.....the times I have,  the decals were flat,  not gloss,  and I did it to even every up.   I'll have to look through the old model kit site.......I could have sworn I saw an accessory kit for 1:16 scale cars.  I've seen them around still.........it would be cool to buy one and soup it up.   if I can find it.......either the Chevy Bel Air,  or the Nomad.   pipe dreams........us guy would be lost without 'em  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Was stationed with a dude that had 3 Nomads...55-57...almost scored on one myself, when the admiral and I first started dating her dad had a 57...I told her if he every wanted to sell it to let me know...well she thought it was a POS and was tired of riding in it...needless to say it got away

On 2/20/2019 at 12:32 PM, CDW said:

I was more interested in getting a picture of the fish I caught in the '80's than I was my '57 Chevy. 😕

We all have our priorities, Mr Bunny ...

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Well done Denis. Love the way she turned out ... a little poetry wouldn't come a miss ...

she being Brand

-new;and you
know consequently a
little stiff I was
careful of her and (having

thoroughly oiled the universal
joint tested my gas felt of
her radiator made sure her springs were O.

K.)i went right to it flooded-the-carburetor cranked her

up,slipped the
clutch (and then somehow got into reverse she
kicked what
the hell) next
minute i was back in neutral tried and

again slo-wly;bare,ly nudg. ing(my

lev-er Right-
oh and her gears being in
A 1 shape passed
from low through
second-in-to-high like
greasedlightning) just as we turned the corner of Divinity

avenue i touched the accelerator and give

her the juice,good

(it

was the first ride and believe i we was
happy to see how nice she acted right up to
the last minute coming back down by the Public
Gardens i slammed on

the
internalexpanding
&
externalcontracting
breaks Bothatonce and

brought allofher tremB
-ling
to a:dead.

stand-
;Still)

by E.E. Cummings

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

thanks Carl.........interesting poem ;)   here is my all time favorite song from Queen.........

one of my smaller hobbies is writing......haven't written a meaningful poem since the Susan A {the old Regina build}.  in my younger days,  model cars were my biggest subject.......until I got into the larger scale Revell ships.  glad you liked this jaunt off the beaten path  :)   

J & CDW...........love your car.....from what I can see of her,  she must have been a looker ;)   me....I was a confirmed Olds Cutlass / Chevelle fan..owned many of both :)   ....looks like a rainbow.......very nice size indeed!   I haven't done any looking yet........if I find the two ingredients,  I may get them and try putting them together.   there was only one time where the admiral got between me and a car........there was an Olds Cutlass on the side of the road with a for sale sign on it.  I saw potential...she saw a train wreck.   got out to look at it......she was complaining all the way......and when I opened the trunk and saw that there was no trunk {floor rotted out}.......that pretty much ended the tour right away.  one hates it when they get that 'told ya so' looks on their face!  of course,  I will have to pose my idea to the budget director,  but I think I can pork barrel it through ;)   thanks for the many likes and onlookers.....I'm glad you enjoyed my little tangent into the mechanical world.   I'm sure there will be more.

well.......we got about 4-5 inches of snow last night.......guess I should mossie on out there and clear the driveway :( 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

....this damn weather is gett'in old

I'd rather have warm instead of cold......:blink:     ....too much of an overtone. :ph34r:    to make matters worse.......I've come down with a nasty cold {what a metaphor} 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Denis, we have a lot of displaced Yankees down here in western NC and northwest SC. Still gets cold, bur way less snow. Have 4 actual seasons here. Summers aren't as hot and muggy as the coastal areas, due to higher elevations (Smokey Mountains - south end of the Appalachians).

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

the admiral was talking about heading down that way......wonder if she still has it in mind?!?!   I shouldn't complain......we really haven't had too much snow.    those big storms that have been ravaging the countryside really haven't been centered up here.   yea......Boston got quite a bit,  but the amounts dropped going north.  

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: