tlevine

HMS Atalanta by tlevine - 1775 - 1:48 scale - from TFFM plans

Congratulations! It is incredible, and it is very handy that you can actually see both sides with a mirror!

It was a pleasure to follow the journey, looking forward to the next one. There is still some place left in your display wall :) 

I have finished the base.  I am not totally satisfied with it but it will do for the time being.  The base is marble and the edges were roughened up.  The pedestals are turned from pear and drilled to accept a threaded rod which screws into a captive nut in the keelson.  Thanks everyone for following this five year epic journey.

1376800278_CompletedPortViewa.thumb.jpg.e6449e47233990a252ae7c8e1251b22c.jpg

1866399221_CompletedStarboardViewa.thumb.jpg.cdf6369528b9c62424aef4c915f33068.jpg

700502577_CompletedAboveStarboardViewa.thumb.jpg.f28d97e315b79a5fae9f5829ddcfbd2d.jpg

676873577_CompletedPortForeViewa.thumb.jpg.d96d8097195cfcfec845fe2aa7b1ca6c.jpg

511070138_CompletedStarboardForeQuarterViewa.thumb.jpg.e39f41f47570c5f8ca0c864c880345e0.jpg

830184095_CompletedHead-onViewa.thumb.jpg.c1f6a14f60ae1ed5e3f4b9c8b5646dd9.jpg

1259661345_CompletedStarboardLowerViewa.thumb.jpg.56d244de1f8b05a6f769012649ed0c3b.jpg

Well done and well finished, Toni. The display stand is very good: it does not detract from the model. Congratulations, and on to ??

Excellent!

I did see it in person a couple of years ago. Hopefully I'll get to see the finished model in the future (but not in Las Vegas unfortunately).

All the best,

Richard.

6 hours ago, tlevine said:

I am bringing her to Las Vegas, Chuck, although the thought of having her on the back seat all the way from Chicago and back is giving me chest pain.  There will be no sudden stops!

I hear ya.  Best of luck on the drive.  I look forward to seeing her up close.

It was just five years? Time flies! that is really quick for that kind of a project!

Fantastic photos, and a very interesting marble base concept. It definitely looks nice!

Bravo!  Your log will continue to serve as a tutorial for many of us.  It's always useful to see how the skilled folks answer the questions raised by a build.

Cheers,

Martin