Intro from Perth WA

Hello Guys,

I am new to this forum and have recently found this site. I am on my second build having built a few plastic models in my time. I am now onto the tall ships and am really having fun doing this. I do sometimes run into some issues based on the lack of information from the AL model kits and there distinct lack of pictures and instructions. In hindsight I should have chosen an easier model or done some research into the build before actually starting. Never the less I am determined to complete this one and feel proud when its done. My previous was San Francisco 2. We moved from South Africa to Australia and I lost the plans and the balance of the parts. I just have some of the rigging to complete and she will be done. I also did not have the tools or the equipment at that time and have since added a good few tools to my workshop. The first model was made with a Stanley Knife and and a hack saw. She came out well enough. I will be following the builds from HMS Bounty builders. I see that I have the same issues as most of the other guys. Thanks to all.

Gren   ( Grenville) 

SAN FRANSICO I.jpg

Club?  Or are you looking for build logs?    Welcome to MSW.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

10 hours ago, Gren Bewley said:

Can someone tell me where to find the AL bounty build club info?

If you are looking for an wasy way to find build logs for a kit, there is a quick index posted in the first message here:

Quick Find Indexes to Build Logs for Kits

For scratch built I do not know.  Good luck!

Kevin

17 hours ago, Gren Bewley said:

Can someone tell me where to find the AL bounty build club info?

Cheers Gren

Gren,

I am not aware of any modelling clubs in Perth at all (except for the radio-control groups). In fact, I only came to meet other Perth modellers after I had joined MSW.

As others have pointed out, you can search the modelling index in the kits (or scratch-build) forum. I am sure that there are a few build logs for the AL Bounty kit.

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

Gidday Gren and welcome to the forum.

You sure have travelled a long way.

I think some of the best builds are done with the minimum of tools.

I only moved 300 kms and also lost a heap of stuff.

I don't want to think what would go missing on an international move.

Type in the ship  you are interested in the build logs on the first page of the site.

All the best with your build.

Mark.

Hello Guys,

Since finding this site I have spent many hours doing some research, and there some really wonderful models out there. It seem that I have a lot to learn, and following some of these builders logs certainly gives one inspiration to do a better job at what we are doing. I found that some of the builds actually ran into similar problems that I have come across. You guys are an inspiration to some of us, and there are a lot of really good builders out there. Thanks for the messages. 

Cheers Gren

Hello Gren from cold and snowy Toronto , welcome to the wood ship model community. I'm currently building the AL Bounty and have a build summary going. I'm at 350 on the parts list, perhaps similar to where you are at. Happy to share any thoughts if I can be of any help.

Tim

Tim Moore

Perfect is the enemy of good

In progress

IJN Pre-Dreadnought Battleship Mikasa, 1:200, Hobby Boss

On Deck
DH.9a Ninak, 1/32, Wingnut Wings
The Blue Sky Company, 1:48, Sierra West Models

Completed  

Fiat 806 Grand Prix 1:12, Italeri; Fifie 1:32, Amati Victory Model; HMS Bounty 1:48, Artesania Latina; Endeavour 1:60; Corel; Miss Severn 1:8, Legend Model Boats; Calypso, Billing Boats; Carmen Fishing Trawler, A.L. ; Dallas Revenue Cutter, A.L., Bluenose, A.L.