New member from Maastricht, The Netherlands!

Anna

Hi Everyone!

I'm Anna, 30 years old from the Netherlands!I found you guys via https://www.reddit.com/r/modelmakers.

They suggested I come here and look at some build blogs! I recently started my first wooden ship and without this site I would probably still be at step 1. 
I will make a build blog once I read all the rules/tips on this site. 

I have some experience with plastic models from Revell such as:
HMS Victory: HMS Victory https://imgur.com/gallery/nIrP7lK and RMS Titanic https://imgur.com/gallery/xrCWXsY .

I am currently working on the King of the Mississippi from Artesania Latina and this is a whole different level of model building!
I'm up for the challenge and cant wait to start the journey with you guys advicing/helping/joining me!

See you soon! 

Anna

ps. I also love to paint ships! (with lines im not that talented!)

25551840_10155345404323002_8975338968170379923_n.jpg

Welcome Anna -

You will find a great deal of help on the site - if you check the build log database you should be able to locate other build logs for the King of Mississippi to help you on your way.

In addition by posting your build log other members of the community will comment on your build and assist you by answering any questions you may have.

I am a member of a few model forums, https://www.scalemates.com and http://www.die-kartonmodellbauer.de -amongst them however  I feel MSW is the best of them especially for ship building whether in wood, plastic or card.

Regards

Richmond

Current Builds

Mikasa by I Love Kit - 1:200 - Plastic

HMS Beagle by Occre - 1:48 - Wood

:sign:

En groetjes uit Belgie.

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Welcome aboard Anna ! I like your painting, it looks the same to the puzzle that I'm putting together..

91hXJ3R5HmL__SY879_.jpg

Completed.... Charles W. Morgan,Sea Horse,USS Constitution,Virginia 1819,San Fransisco II, AL HMS Bounty 1:48

L'Herminione 1:96

Spanish Frigate,22 cannons 18th C. 1:35 scale.Scratch-built (Hull only)

Cutter Cheefull 1806 1:48 (with modifications)

Current Project: Orca (This is a 35" replica of the Orca boat from the movie Jaws)

Hi Anna! excellent job on the models. Can't wait to see what you will build next. You'll find everyone on the site is very friendly and helpful. 

:sign:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

welcome!  :piratebo5:

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Welcome Anna,

I built that model 18 months ago and thoroughly enjoyed the build.

Snoepert

Current Projects: Souvereign of the Seas by De Agostini

Sciabecco. By Amati

Finished projects: Port Jackson by Modellers Shipyard

Botter boat by Amati

King of the Mississippi by Artensia Latina

Endeavor by Artensia Latina

Anna, hello from upstate New York!

You obviously have an artistic talent which should support you in your endeavors. I started ship modeling at about your age and the passion has never left. Life events tended to interrupt me at times but as I said the extreme interest and wonder never left. You may be aware that of your gender Portia Takakjian was one of the most prominent illustrators and modelers of modern times. Look her up, her works were impressive.

Look forward to seeing your progress.

Joe