samson

Kdy 15 Juniorbåd by samson - FINISHED - SMALL - RESTORATION

thanks, that's better: it's interesting to see the rig changes in between the 1926 & 1933 designs - the headsail is very small initially

I consider the project to be completed. I have a couple before and after pictures. What I most like to emphasize is that I have changed keel and rudder to a more real desine and then to change steel wire to really braided wire. that can be tightened up. And then of course new sails - probably the most significant improvement.

juniorbåd2  (11).JPG

P1010001.JPG

juniorbåd2  (17).JPG

P1010003.JPG

juniorbåd11 (9).JPG

Hi Samson

thank you for posting it, the model looks lovely & captures the beautiful aesthetic balance of the design. 

I have never seen a Junior Folkboat but have admired them since I became aware of the design. There's quite a few International FBs in Sydney, but I doubt there are any 'Juniors', we race against the Internationals quite often.

Mark

thank gentlemen:D:D:D
It has also been a great pleasure to rebuild the well-built model, I could immediately see that it was something special and that only little fittings should be added, and of course new sails, I could have done more at the mast, but with respect for the "model builder" I keep what is because it all seems quite good, and then I can just build my own junior boat from scratch and see if I can do it all better - that could be a challenge.B)
Thank you all for looking in and leaving a commentary:D
Cheers

Jens.P1010001.thumb.JPG.0b9b2179913da4c76a5fee8d47b6b6e1.JPGP1010003.thumb.JPG.fd7db30bff64eb652f49b8b4b2fe3db6.JPG