Stern gallery of Santissima Trinidad

Nigel: To be honest I took data regarding cannons from "Santissima Trinidad- Escorial de los mares" and from plans on which kit was based. Now: model I am working on is a diorama of a ship under full sail (with all gunports closed) so I care only about open decks (which makes things MUCH easier). 

Rpeteru: I would suspect they will work for all models in same scale but I will not guarantee it. In other words: personally- I would use them, but that's just me. I would hate you to loose money on something that's useless.

Have you proof printed any of the cannons yet?I am thinking that the best idea would be to order one of each in order to establish the deck beam positions.By my reckoning the clearance between the mortars and the top deck ports is only 1mm top and bottom.

Kind Regards Nigel

Currently working on Royal Caroline

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Now that is fantastic!!!Not as silly as it may seem,reduction in wall thickness to allow for veneer planks and a cheaper low detail material.I still may need to put one of my kidneys on ebay for one in 1/64 scale though :o  :o

Kind Regards

Nigel

Currently working on Royal Caroline

NMBrook: Nah, I do not think kidney would be a thing :). One roll of material for makerbot costs like 50$ and I honestly doubt it would use entire one even for 1:64. The only trick is- to have it printed, really. My company has two such printers and they are not very busy so I bet it can be done.

Mangaroca: I have it for 1/96 at the moment but advantage with 3d models is- you can scale them to any dimensions and results will hardly change.