It may be just me but when I view La Salamander the following happens on almost every occasion I try to view it.

The MSW screen freezes.

I can exit MSW but then can't get back in.

When I do try to get back in all that happens is that the login indication bar at there top of there screen stalls when only 20% of the process is complete.

Not withstanding that I can't get into MSW I can log in to all other internet sites as normal.

I have to wait about 30 minutes before I can again log in to MSW.

I don't have this problem when viewing any other log or topic in MSW. It's just La Salamander that seems to trigger it.

I use an iMac to view MSW content.

Does anyone else have this issue??????????????

I've just tried the La Salamandre log and got exactly the same result as Keith. I was able to access the log and- move around within it, but when I tried to leave everything froze. I had to exit my browser (Chrome) - when I restarted Chrome I could access all sites except MSW. I tried Edge and my iphone - couldn't get to MSW. I even tried going in sideways through the NRG homepage to no avail. I've just been able to get back in MSW after about 30 minutes, just like Keith. 

Seems like something might have corrupted something ( you can tell I'm an IT expert!).

Derek 

5 hours ago, James H said:

Can you give me a link to page?

Hi James - here is the link - https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/6592-la-salamandre-by-tadheus-124/

Interestingly when i copied the link above i just received an error massage saying it could not be embedded because an unexpected error occurred. I also noticed when hovering above La Salamander in the scratch built model forum that it has within it a link to another hosting site.

2 hours ago, DelF said:

've just tried the La Salamandre log and got exactly the same result as Keith

Thank you Derek - I started to think it was just me.

Edited by KeithAug

I can reproduce it ... It's his image hoster going crazy ... nothing we can do about ... 😞 

39 minutes ago, Dubz said:

I can reproduce it ... It's his image hoster going crazy ... nothing we can do about

OK - Thank you - Pity because It is disruptive enough to stop me visiting Pawls very good build.

Edited by KeithAug

Yes, Dirk is right. I get the same problem, with his photo host causing the page load to lock.

Remember folks, you can upload your images directly to MSW. No need for unreliable or expensive image hosting off-site.

I can view the La Salamandre
But then I always get into trouble (3 attempts) I can no longer log in to Msw and this page will appear.
I then have to close the internet on the pc and after a quarter of an hour I can log in again.

image.png.37c1082ed50dbcc378545034d3c3d793.png

Has his host been pawned...?   I ran into that a few months ago with a site (a non-ship related commercial site).  It had been heavily infected with various nasties.  Luckily, my AV caught it all.  

3 hours ago, mtaylor said:

Has his host been pawned...? 

Hi Mark,

Hmmm!  Something funny must be going on as the computer wont connect back in to MSW until many minutes after the problem happens. This presumably means that something is left in the computer!!!!!

3 hours ago, KeithAug said:

This presumably means that something is left in the computer!!!!!

Nonsense!

These are Timeout Issues to DNS failures bind to your ip. 

Didn't a lot of photos of build logs disappear when a photo sharing site closed down and we told people to post to us not by links to such services?  It thast's the case he has to follow procedure.  But he should be contacted to fix the problem.

yes.....that was Photo bucket,  as I recall.  they started to charge people....or some stupid stuff,  causing folks to lose a lot of their pictures.  this is why I use memory sticks and keep all my pictures on them....I don't store any anywhere!