REG Head

Hello from Coronado, CA

Good afternoon, Modelers,

My name is RG Head, and I am building the USS Constitution. This is my first ship model, but I have a misspent youth building all kinds of wooden, plastic and stick & paper models. I spent a 32-year profession in the US Air Force, but also have a tailhook landing. I am a draughtsman and appreciate details plans for any model. I have just completed four aircraft models, one of which is in the Coronado Library and three are in the San Diego Air & Space Museum. The first is a five-foot wingspan model of The Red Baron's Fokker Dr. I. The second, and the most complicated, is the 1916 Albatros D. II, wingspan of 6-feet flown by Oswald Boelcke. The third is the Hawker Hurricane, Mod I, 9-foot wingspan, 1940 Battle of Britain. The last is an 18-inch wingspan model of the A-1E I flew in Vietnam. Having run out of airplanes that the museum needs, I am turning to the USS Constitution, 1815 version, 44 guns. After building the Albatros, I wrote a biography of its famous pilot, Oswald Boelcke which is now in its third printing, with the German edition soon to be on the market. I have joined this Guild, the San Diego Ship Modelers' Guild and the USS Constitution Ship Model Shipwright Guild. 

More later as we proceed.

best regards to all,

rg

Business Card.docx

Hello Reg, and a warm welcome to the forum from the other side of the Pacific!

John

Gidday RG and another warm welcome from the Land Downunder.

Certainly an impressive list of airplanes. Some of the scales are huge.

What medium did you use to make them?

Is it possible to see some photographs?

You will find a wealth of knowledge here.

Also there is a lot of support, so please ask questions.

Wishing you all the best with your "Connie".

Mark.

Hello from a California ex-pat! There's some good folks in the San Diego club, and of course their venue can't be beat in regards to nautical theme.

RG

Welcome to the NRG and MSW.  You have a great local club there in San Diego - an invaluable tool for a modeler.

Kurt