HMS Pegasus by realworkingsailor - Amati/Victory Models - 1/64

Yes, it's Eric. (when the site went down I just thought: What a Bummer!)

I'm not that easily distracted but every time I see that damn lamp I just go.. "God, I want a lamp like that..."

Don't get me wrong, I'm very impressed with your build. ^_^ 

Bummer! 

A banker's lamp is a very useful light to have. Between that and a halogen light over my shoulder, I get really good lighting at my desk. You should get yourself one! ;)

And thanks for your compliments too.

Andy

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Looking very nice, Andy.  For an answer about the mysterious non-accumulating popcorn, you may need to touch base with TheMadChemist about his helper (some quarky guy named Al something or other) who keeps talking about things being relative or something like that...

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

Aha....so now you delegate the knotmaking.  We'll, knot so on Pegasus!  You'll need to draw on your experience.

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Andy,

The chains are looking good.   As for Sjors popcorn cart... he must be eating it as fast as he pops it. :P

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Andy,

The chains are looking good.   As for Sjors popcorn cart... he must be eating it as fast as he pops it. :P

Thanks Mark :)

I would have to agree that the popcorn salesman might be his own best customer :P

Andy

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

You must have a good sized stockpile of those things kicking around! Interesting thing though... it keeps poping corn... but not filling up... anyone else alarmed by that? Or am I just nuts?

Andy

That's because Mark keeps coming back for a refill :D

That's because Mark keeps coming back for a refill :D

Fringe benefit of being a moderator... I get to eat popcorn.  post-76-0-53174100-1362955097.gif

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Nah... no finger in a bad way..  But now that you mention it.... I guess I shouldn't use that one any more.    Maybe this one instead: post-76-0-21525400-1362959274.gif

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

the chains look superb Andy........I kinda share the same notion about the popcorn.......it tends to stain the rigging thread.......and don't EVEN  get me started about the nasty finger prints......LOL!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Andy..

Great progress...looking fine!

Is it my imagination or, since the new site went up, does there seem to be more dialogue and less build pictures?  I'm not necessarily referring to your log, Andy, but logs in general.  Not that there is anything wrong with the chat, and I am as guilty as any. 

I do intend to stat out of any looming conflicts tho....  :D

Jim

Completed      Robert E Lee, Misisssippi riverboat               

Completed,  HMS Victory Bow Section

Completed,  Wells Fargo Stagecoach...Picasa album.... 

Completed,  Lackawanna tugboat converted to private yacht...

Completed:  Sopwith Camel, 1:16 Scale, Model Airways...at another location...

Completed:  1961 Ferrari F-1 Sharknose

Completed: (sorta)  OcCre BR-18 Locomotive

Completed: 1/35 Pz.KPfw.III

Completed: Allerton Steam Pumper circa 1869

I think the building has actually proceeded at a normal pace.....but there are fewer of us.  And the new site has only been up for 3+ weeks.  In additon, maybe everyone checks in more often to see that we're still here and tends to interact more to sort of forge bonds against future mishaps.  It's human nature.

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

I don't disagree. Seemed like yesterday, in particular, was a bit of a free-for-all. And it was fun. Since the crash the fellowship of the "surviving" members is stronger... And I think everyone is trying to reinforce that.

Andy

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

I don't want to interfere in this discussion but you are right Andy.  I think that's because everybody has to re-post his/her build, and now you can easier follow a build from start.

We all had to start all over again.  That creates a bond.

And even If I talk to much I think it is an expression of my feelings that I'm happy to see all those builders (old friends and new) back on track.

We live in different parts of the world, but together we make it a small world.

Thank you guys and gals for the fun, the serious talks and all the help during my build(s) .

Sjors

hold me Sjors...........LOL!      cool site........good folk........what more could one ask for.   I'm glad to be back.........and that a lot of you came back as well......I missed you while the site was down.  the site is getting stronger.......folks are trickling back in......we're doing fine!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

You? Interfere in a discussion? No...never ;)

This place is like the greatest hobby shop in the world... That doesn't sell anything. (Which should keep certain people happy)

All the free advice and guidance anyone can ever ask for. And some of the funniest characters...just to keep you honest :P

Andy

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

it's just all that mushy stuff........I get all warm and runny.....LOL!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Popeye has a soft spot.  He needs more greens!

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

I'll make a note ------ for future exploitation :D  :D  :D

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

see what happens when you have to wait for glue to dry..;)  although......I still need to download a couple pictures of 'em,  so I'll know how to paint them.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

That's funny, Popeye.  I'm sitting here waiting for some WOP to dry on a couple of booms so I can rig'em.  Darned humidity must be up today!

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

That does it!  Andy's thread has been over run by crustaceans!  Mark is going to fire warning shots at us all for 'frivilous posts'.  Popeye - the blue ones are pretty rare so go lite with those :D  :D

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976