Those turned out good Nenad. Wish I had some cherry trees here. They're looking pretty tasty! 

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Don't be bound by the limits of what you already know, be unlimited by what you are willing to learn.

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

The whisker booms look a 1000% better, Nenad.  I agree.. not everything can be to scale.

As for the cherry pie dish... I'm very tempted to catch a plane this winter.  It looks wonderful.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Ditto about the Cherries as well as the whisker booms!

I knew that your would make the booms better and better!  Very nice!

beautiful work!

marc

Now, I have to search on MSW to find where I was reading about weathering brass

Don't know if you can get it but I've found "french's mustard" work great as does liver of sulphur. Liquid is best and lasts a bit longer but more expensive. And they all stink which can be bad for you if breathed in for too long so best done outside.

Ongoing builds,

SCutty Sark Revell 1/350 (Mini Nannie)

Cutty Sark Airfix 1/130 (Big Sis)

Will (Everard) Billings 1/65 but with wooden bottom, because I can

"Sucuri" problems again. Then not. Then again, Then not. Then hit me out. Then not. Then freeze everything, or slowed to death

Is it really necessary to have such a strong firewall ?

Ok, time to continue with whiskers  catheads ( satisfied, Mark ?) -  if I have success with uploading pictures and posting - two photos were rejected from unknown reason ...

First careful drilling holes in foredeck bulwarks, and thinned inner part of whiskers  catheads  to get visual proportion. I think in real ship, they are a half and more of their width under deck, so considering I do not want to digg  on deck, I have to thin them

post-4738-0-44754200-1435175768_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-05235600-1435175664_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-40602400-1435175676_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-55113700-1435175692_thumb.jpg

Not bad

Comparing pictures from old CS and today, there is a little difference in colors - today, ends are painted white. Anybodu knows reason ?

post-4738-0-66323500-1435175621_thumb.jpg

And I was clever and painted whiskers all black after making, so sanding starts

And thin thin thin paintbrush

And here we are. Not glued jet, because first I have to drill a little holes and make this nice fragile shackle , then to glue, and after that to mount shackle. Dont forget Nenad to make a cat carving on top, and a little ring there !!!!!

post-4738-0-25541000-1435175708_thumb.jpg

And then my regular brain worm appears, and started turning me on devil`s side, to make one sweet detail

post-4738-0-65355600-1435175623_thumb.jpg

And here is simulation of it. Not enough skill to make this on body of whiskers  catheads  which is only 3.5 mm wide

post-4738-0-89261800-1435175756_thumb.jpg

Obviously I have to play in Photoshop to paint my eyes blue and to change my avatar

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Nice looking catheads, Nenad.  

As for the warnings, there's some posts in the Problems area.   Seems a software upgrade was being performed.   I'd rather hope there is a good firewall after all the things I've been reading lately about servers being hijacked and used to deliver some pretty nasty malware.

Be safe and well....

Edited by mtaylor

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Just got on the site myself Nenad. It seems Sucuri wouldn't let me post or even get in either for 2 or 3 hours.  :angry: Nice work on those catheads. 

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Don't be bound by the limits of what you already know, be unlimited by what you are willing to learn.

I had the same problem from my phone the other week but could post from my iPad over the same link. So whatever it is is a big bug. Or even a server virus...

Ongoing builds,

Looking good!!  It always makes me nervous cutting into the hull.  You did a great job.

I think that the bolts on the ends of the cats might be for cleats. 

Marc

Nice looking catheads, ...

Mark, I am obviously dummy to remember proper English words and names. Post corrected !

Looking good!!  It always makes me nervous cutting into the hull.  You did a great job.

I think that the bolts on the ends of the cats might be for cleats. 

Marc

Marc, i was nervous too, and drilling through bulwark lasts more than hour, bit to bit, point to point, as I am dentist and She is patient. I gave her anesthetic and She was pretty quite ... 

Nice job on the catheads.

Thanks Tom

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Nice job on the catheads, drilling through a hull after all the work put into it is a nerve racking business.  I am glad it turned out okay.

David B

Mark, I am obviously dummy to remember proper English words and names. Post corrected !

No worries, my friend.  Your English is far better than my Serbian.  My apologies, I didn't know I was correcting you... 

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Hmmm .... looking my last post with photos ... somethimg is wrong ...again

Angle of line between white and black color on cat ...

Repetitio mater studiorum est

(old latin quote)

My workers are not in strike as Mark's, but obviously I hired the dummiest crowd on labour market. Must return to dwarfs

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

"Sucuri" problems again. Then not. Then again, Then not. Then hit me out. Then not. Then freeze everything, or slowed to death

Is it really necessary to have such a strong firewall ?

Ok, time to continue with whiskers  catheads ( satisfied, Mark ?) -  if I have success with uploading pictures and posting - two photos were rejected from unknown reason ...

First careful drilling holes in foredeck bulwarks, and thinned inner part of whiskers  catheads  to get visual proportion. I think in real ship, they are a half and more of their width under deck, so considering I do not want to digg  on deck, I have to thin them

attachicon.gifIMAG0174.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0175.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0176.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0177.jpg

Not bad

Comparing pictures from old CS and today, there is a little difference in colors - today, ends are painted white. Anybodu knows reason ?

attachicon.gifpaluba.JPG

And I was clever and painted whiskers all black after making, so sanding starts

And thin thin thin paintbrush

And here we are. Not glued jet, because first I have to drill a little holes and make this nice fragile shackle , then to glue, and after that to mount shackle. Dont forget Nenad to make a cat carving on top, and a little ring there !!!!!

attachicon.gifIMAG0178.jpg

And then my regular brain worm appears, and started turning me on devil`s side, to make one sweet detail

attachicon.gifideja.jpg

And here is simulation of it. Not enough skill to make this on body of whiskers  catheads  which is only 3.5 mm wide

attachicon.gifIMAG0179.jpg

Obviously I have to play in Photoshop to paint my eyes blue and to change my avatar

It looks like you've put them in the opposite side to where the painting indicates...?

Ongoing builds,

catheads and whisker booms look great Nenad........just a slight paint adjustment  ;)   

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Sure, Denis. So much office and court works this week (from 09h to 22h)

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Thank you, Omar. Life just must go forward

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Huh

I just realized that 10 days I just had no time to enter to workshop.

Unbelievable things in Serbia justice system: Until this year, Court season lasts from September 01 until June 30th. Starting with July 01, court pleadings and trials (different Cases) are scheduled every working day, sometimes 2 per day ... Command from Ministry (?!?!?) to work during summer court holiday. So - a lot of work in office, and a lot of work in garden (see if you want in Shore Leave section), and when I finish day tasks, it is usually over 21,30 - 22,30, to late to go down. But it all means - just - nothing. In almost every Court case I have, next trial session is scheduled to November ?!?!?!?

Come on ... real Potemkin villages appointed to EU Commission, as they are dummies ?!?!? 

(rus. Potemkinskie villages) is a metaphor, refers to something that does not exist, or there is only imaginary. The phrase is named after a Russian soldier and Prince Grigori Alexandrovich Potemkin, who during the Russian-Turkish war of 1787-1792. became vicar of the newly conquered regions. Then Potemkin on empty steppes of South Russia ordered the roadside improvised scenery nonexistent villages, with peasants, shepherds and flocks, only to the Russian Empress Catherine II, he walked along in 1787, I saw that Russia, under his period as Minister, blossom and prosper. This would show a false value won regions. Today this metaphor often used in attempts to create a false impression.

Real picture is almost catastrophic. Trials lasts min 3, often 5-10, sometimes more years, with only 2-4 sessions per year . Government reduces already low salary in all public sector for 10-25%, prices continue to grow up min 15-30% per year, and justice become almost completely unattainable to the average man, who has no money to pay only court taxes, and sure has no money to pay attorney, even 50-100€ per day every 3-5 months, which is really minimal price. So, here, we, attorneys, mainly are "flogging a dead horse" ...

But, enough whining Nenad, think of your CS    

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

39℃ in shade, jumping in downtown, come back home, napp, and - yeah - tomorrow is easy day, without going to downtown. So, it was to hot to work outside, considering my garage is the coldest place in house, I found a few good reasons to continue with catheads

First, color correction of catheads. Line betwern white and black sectipns now follows plank line, as it has to be

post-4738-0-84387600-1436384762_thumb.jpg

Still not cemented. I decide to make all metal parts of cathead before mounting it, and started with top of cathead.

Not enough skill to make it from Cu or brass foil, so ... allmighty less than 0,5mm thick venner strips to simulate ironwork

post-4738-0-73235900-1436384931_thumb.jpg

After little putty and sanding

post-4738-0-97860400-1436384951_thumb.jpg

Not bad.

And then carving payed my attention and turn me off the planned road

Couple of attempts, pretty dissapointed, base is,3,5x3,5 mm, with conclussion I'm just not abble to make it so small, and decided only to visualy mark it, making little relieff bulb, and playing with gold and black acrylic paint

Here is result

post-4738-0-23912600-1436385327_thumb.jpg

Temporary in place

post-4738-0-80498000-1436385381_thumb.jpg

I think I can live with this solution

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

39 C? A little too hot to do very much Nenad. I agree! Stay in a cool place, like a cool garage, or an air-conditioned bar.  :D  Catheads look great Nenad.  B)

Cheers

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Keep something on head (as you do not have many hair as me), take bottle of water with you, move from shadow to shadow, and if you have some business/work to do, if moving, you do not think how hot it is. But, when you wait for buss .... or drive car without air-conditioner (as mine), particular if your car is black (as mine), seventh circle of hell opened just for you.

post-4738-0-46884000-1436386578_thumb.png

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

The catheads look fantastic Nenad.   Impressive work, my friend.    Do stay cool...  I think you're right about the seventh circle of hell.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Thanks Mark and Marc.

There is an interesting thing I was thinking of. If you succeeded in something miniature, on some way, to me it seems that, success in some way pin you down to keep that line of detailing. It does not matter that you need a magnifier to see something. I thing that "invisible" details gives something special in whole picture on the similar way as high range of frequencies gives special feeling to music you listen 

Usual Saturday ... garden work at morning and after lunch fight with Yuka, and after that, nice time in shipyard at the evening

First decided to finish right cat-head with whisker boom  - complete done. I decided to put on it all possible shackle I am able to make, so, I started to play with beats ( brass wire 0,5 mm in 0,5 mm holes cemented with CA and covered with black acrylic

First - whisker. Two angles ( to up and to the back) are presented, and I tried to follow angles on C-plans

Temporary in place

post-4738-0-90217000-1436643801_thumb.jpg

And a details of connection.

post-4738-0-11123900-1436643820_thumb.jpg

Then .... uh how small are this ... very hard to control them ... making 

Dry testing

post-4738-0-40116900-1436643790_thumb.jpg

It can not pass through the hole I made, so it have to be mounted later

And then I decided to try one nice detail, which is, I suppose, necessary for proper rigging of bowsprit ( on C-plans called "Eyebair for Fore Tuck")

post-4738-0-42405100-1436644314.jpg

Little improvisation ( wire goes through sheave) and here we are. here are cleat, pins on both side of cat-head, and "cat-stopper" (?)

Uh, oh, ah, it seems I forgot to extend "cat-stopper" through bullwark to the outside on the fore surface of cat ... something to do next time, but it will be difficult, considering everything is cemented

post-4738-0-27015900-1436643811_thumb.jpg

Ok, cathead is cemented on place, and there is time to put beats/beasts on their place. There is something in C-plans called "Iron horn", but there simply has no place for it, considering whiskers are a bit over-scale thick

post-4738-0-02902100-1436643829_thumb.jpg

Hmmm ... little overscaled, but I can live with this

And after painting

post-4738-0-90794700-1436643782.jpg

And whole look of cat head with mounted whiskers boom

post-4738-0-18680400-1436643840_thumb.jpg

Edit: previewing post I noticed that I mixed pictures and text, but, i think you get a point. One of this days I ll edit this post properly. To late now 

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

"If you succeeded in something miniature, on some way, to me it seems that, success in some way pin you down to keep that line of detailing. It does not matter that you need a magnifier to see something. I thing that "invisible" details gives something special in whole picture on the similar way as high range of frequencies gives special feeling to music you listen"

I think you're doing an awesome job on your mini-detailing Nenad.  It's one of those things that the more you do it, the easier it becomes, and sooner or later, it will become an automatic thing.  :dancetl6:

Cheers

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Sounds like a good Saturday to me!  

The eyebolt on the top of the tip of the cat is for the "fore tack."  A block is fastened to it for the fore course tack when the yard is hard braced over such that the sheet can't be used.

Edited by keelhauled

looking awesome Nenad.......nice work on the cat heads  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch