post-76-0-63846500-1448143116.gifpost-76-0-23287100-1448143087.gif

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

YES!!!!  That's rather handsome Nenad.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Thank you, thank you, thank you !!!

The greatest challenge was to match, even aproximately, color of deck planking, considering I was very "clever" looking for, and experimenting with Her deck color (see post
http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-m-started-on-tehnodidakta-19711983-plans-continued-on-campbell-plans/page-66#entry192295 and further posts)

Archimedes modeling law again - if you hide your mistake under something, it will for sure raise up later in all it's weight and shine

Thinking ... It seems that I'll reach masts/spars phase sooner than I thought. Still a lot of details to do on decks, but it comes closer and closer.

And I think when finishing details on houses, first "next" thing to do has to be Her standing. If I delay with this, there is a great chance to broke something later

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

That looks SOOOOO good, Nenad !!

Well done.

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

Thank you Cap

Thinking forward a bit ... for a change ;) ... so many questions and thoughts opened ... 

Among other things, figurehead

This is what I have got with old Tehnodidakta kit

post-4738-0-11654400-1448268632_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-70900100-1448268708_thumb.jpg

And I`d like to make something as one of the best Serbian modeler Savo Vranac ( on MSW known as Savo1) did  for Royal William

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12058-for-sale-figureheads-royal-william-1719-172/# 

As I wrote before, in Serbia, ship modeling is not wide spread ( or this is a small country with small number of shipmodelers ?). More people are dedicated to plane models, war vehicles, dioramas.

But, among shipbuilders, here are real masters, and Savo is definitely among them. Just to mention his success on Russian Championship in St. Petersburg 2012 ( Kubok Len Expo) when he got Bronze medal for

Ingermanland  with 93,33 points,

post-4738-0-75612800-1448269906_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-28699800-1448269908_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-42300000-1448269909_thumb.jpg

and 83,33 points for San Huan Nepomuceno

post-4738-0-39620200-1448269941_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-64549100-1448269942.jpg

Unfortunately, Savo Vranac, even he is on MSW, is not familiar with English, so, if somebody is interested to contact him, be free to send me a PM and I`ll translate with pleasure

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Nenad,

very nice Job on the deck-houses, Looks good

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Thank you Nils, you and other folks are too much kind toward my messy work

I do not say messy without reason. Today, while I was making white covering for entrances of aft deck house,

post-4738-0-66625100-1448309378_thumb.jpg

and while making little windows on middle and fore house

post-4738-0-78449900-1448309462_thumb.jpg

I suddenly had feeling that something is wrong. Really wrong. A lot wrong

Looking carefully, and noticed DISASTER

post-4738-0-28444400-1448309593_thumb.jpg

On middle house, I make and mount and glued and paint roof on the place for floor! House is rotated wrong !!! What I was thinking? Obviously - nothing. No brain here, only luck of patience and luck of focus

Fortunately, I did not jet started to drill holes for windows on middle cabin.

After a while, when I calm down, and cool myself, start thinking - is there anything I can do except to make whole new house? After a while, it seems to me as logical, to try to separate roof from walls. If something crack, let's go over. If don't - hip hip hurray. Nothing to lose. And just to mention that "smart" boy glued inside structure with CA !!!!

Take my scalpel and started slow and easy. When scalpel first time entered between roof and wall first milimeter in deep, I knew it can be done

Almost full hour of mm by mm cutting with scalpel, and I succed to divide roof from wals. No damage to panels, except a few scratches on paint

Complete idiot !!!

I fixed conecting surfaces, and glued roof on its place. I hope. Dare not to look at

post-4738-0-02934100-1448309934_thumb.jpg

Yes, repainting and fine tuning is neccessary, and after that I'll decide can I live with this. Probably - yes. Three lifeboats with their standing construction go under middle house, and cover this house at all.

Tomorrow is always smarter than evening

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Hi Nenad,

An excellent recovery is always a cause for celebration! :)

Been enjoying following along and your scratch built deckhouses all look wonderful. I really liked the full deck image of them all in place.

Cheers,

Nigel.

Edited by UpstateNY

Current Build Logs: H.M.S. Triton Cross SectionUSF Confederacy Model Shipways

Completed Log: Red Dragon Artesania Latina

Gallery: Red Dragon: Artesania Latina

Member:  Nautical Research Guild

It's good you caught it now before you glued it to the deck, Nenad.  I think we all have had those moments when beat ourselves over the head for being idiots.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Nice redo Nenad>  I think we all have had I share of making that kind of mistake.  But unfortunately many of us do not catch it until it is too late.  Well done.

David B

Facebook has just remained me where I was two years ago

post-4738-0-10532100-1448385101.jpg

Time is passing slow or fast ?

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Just playing and testing ... for sailors for climbing to work with boats

post-4738-0-95682100-1448393347_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-60257300-1448393445_thumb.jpg

Made from veneer strips less than 1mm wide with lot of acrylic paint to harden and shape them

Maybe no more tests, drops ok enough, it seems

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Facebook has just remained me where I was two years ago

attachicon.gif1476191_4818282594299_1151215164_n.jpg

Time is passing slow or fast ?

Hi Nenad

It's not important whether the time goes fast or slow, as long as the memories are good. Judging by the photo of the hull, the memory looks sweet!

Cheers

Patrick

I think you have accomplished a ship-load in the last two years !!

:cheers:

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

Thank you Patrick and Cap. A lot of work done, a lot of time spent. And lot things and technics learned.I think I'm somewhere in front of the midlle of the road now

Today I spent a bit of my free time studding mast and yard construction, and trying to understand anything in rigging lines. There will be a lot of time for me to analyze and learn rope logic, all rigging details, all rigging parts for ship like this with ALL sails spread-ed with all ropes (and chains) that belong there. Really a big mountine in front of me

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Playing and testing, part two:

One of the six windows for skylight on aftdeck house

post-4738-0-54033900-1448477074_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-16709600-1448477114_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-79762800-1448477140_thumb.jpg

Used very thin Cu wire from some canibalized (Mark's quote) traffo taken I can not remember where and when, on 0,5mm doubled veneer strips for frame

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

hello Nenad!    trying to catch up with my build watching.........MAN.........have you been busy!   the cabin structures came out fantastic!  no matter about that tiny pho-pah that happened........they still came out the way you envisioned them  ;)   you know.......I've been following your build from the beginning.....you've kicked yourself and pointed out some of the errors.  but I can tell you.......whose gonna notice them,  with all the fine detail you've put into her?  I love that shot of her with the structures on her decks ;)  beautiful work Nenad........the time you've spent shows......the effort gleams!  I can't wait to see her masted!  :)

very nice work my friend!   

BTW.........what's with the 1/100?    whose gonna notice a split hair :D  :D  :D

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Thank you Denis for your kind and supporting words

As I mentioned somewhere earlier in my log, here in MSW there is, and has to be a place, and a space for modelers as me, who are not masters of modeling. Point is to enjoy in working, and have a great creative time which is 100^100 times better than everyday evening nailing in front of TV.

If somebody likes your work, that is nice. If don't , nice again. You love your work, and like sharing, and that counts. And if you like learning, even better when you get advice or tip or help to understand some point

When I finish deck houses and standing, a lot (but not so many) tiny little details remains, and then comes - masting

On that point really entertainment starts - masts yards and sails are essential part of look for every sail ship. Particularly clippers and tall ships as CS is/was

I also can not wait this stage. Everything before is just preparing for masting and rigging :)

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Nenad,

I'm like you.  Not a master but having some fun building ships.  MSW is a very good place for us as there are those who know and can teach us.  And those watching, in turn, learn from our mistakes.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Nenad,

I'm like you.  Not a master but having some fun building ships.  MSW is a very good place for us as there are those who know and can teach us.  And those watching, in turn, learn from our mistakes.

Baby learn to walk

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Good work, good ideas Nenad,

and as you already mentioned.... it`s the fun we all have in Tackling tricky Solutions, and end of the day / week we can say, wow, quite satisfied with the results...

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Thanks Nils and likes.

Looking at picture of skylight ... thinking ... pathetic try ... how to make to look as this:

post-4738-0-77870500-1448904076_thumb.jpg

brain-storm hit me, and here is final test

post-4738-0-47911800-1448904113_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-58945100-1448904149_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-27827900-1448904179_thumb.jpg

If anybody is interested, step by step instructions are posted there

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/4679-the-kit-bashers-guide-to-the-galaxy/#entry134594

And a new appearance of shipmodeling laws: More tricky detail, more times to repeat. Six windows on skylight to go

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

All six done

post-4738-0-70289800-1448998462_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-42466200-1448998496_thumb.jpg

Roof panel of skylight on photo in post above seems to be a bit massive, so windows surface is at almost at the same level as panel surface. Something to think about before glueing

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Nice miniature work Nenad.  Yeah, you could make the window panels a little thinner, if possible.  But you already figured that out  ;)

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Thank you Piet. I`ll try to make surrounding surface thicker, making a new surface from veneer to overcome existing roof about 1 mm on each side, on which I`ll glue windows, and add some strips of veneer around windows and at the edge. That will allow me to round edges of surface a bit as on picture, and to level them visually to roof. I have already thinned whole windows construction to less than a 1 mm, and don`t dare to thin them more

Little improvement to my shipyard

post-4738-0-81067400-1449079814_thumb.jpeg

I was borred from filling, repairing and repainting scarps cuts and holes on the workbench in front of me, find this for 5€ in toy store hidden between Revell models, and bye it

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

What a nervous days ... I simply had no time to play and to try my new toy ... preparing me and my client for hard and money weight probate hearings legacy tomorrow between brothers not in good relation ... Hothead comes home for a weekend with ideas for new descent apartment to rent from new year ... Princess and all of us are nervous about her labor contract extension ... Old Lady has very bad blood testing results ... six months when Admiral passed away are this weekend ... a man is just not aware of what can withstand ... Maybe I`ll find some time for myself late in the evening ...

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Sorry to hear of "Old Lady" Nenad.  Try not to let other people set the pace for you.  Set your own pace my friend. One YOU are comfortable with.  

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Don't be bound by the limits of what you already know, be unlimited by what you are willing to learn.

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

Sorry to hear of "Old Lady" Nenad. Try not to let other people set the pace for you. Set your own pace my friend. One YOU are comfortable with.

I have to turn myself in one of my windows, and dissapear when sneezing ;)

No way for anybody to find me. Even two days ...

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build: