Thank you for your very nice words, gentleman!

Interesting ... there are days when you have only 3-4 hours of full activity, but you are deadly tired as you pulled mountine whole day ( yesterday ). And at the very next day, as today, when I had two outside meetings, one divorse trial, all on 35°C with 95% hummidity from 08 to 15h, coming home and cooking dinner, working after in homeyard fighting with wild ... everything! ... almost 3 hours, and after that I spent two hours in shipyard cleaning desk and tools and making some order... I just have no explanation for that changeable status of body energy. It is possible that it different battery status comes with milleage (years you collect running from day to day)

Anyhow, I rested from Hotheads drill, and it was time to come back to shipyard and to continue with my work

As I wrote, I cleaned main deck from dust and pieces of ... who knows what ... and started with color repairing on inner bulwarks

As you can see on next picture, looking from distance, it sems as nothing has to be done.

post-4738-0-79276900-1468527271_thumb.jpg

But, looking carefully, particulary with magnifier, there are damaged places, dirty places and undesired traces and dot remains from rail color

post-4738-0-91366900-1468527395_thumb.jpg

And this make me very nervous, so I started with first 3 fields with white acrylic

post-4738-0-19428400-1468527488_thumb.jpg

Slow, very slow and fragile work under main rail, with the thinest brush I have, taking care not to paint something arround I do not want to paint.

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Hey Nenad, I thought that was weathering you added, you know, some rust - - - - - ;)  But your cleaning up job is looking great.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Nenad,

You are doing a fine job on making her spic and span. As Piet already ascertained, you're not going for the weathered look. She'll be all shiny and new ... I wish you a steady hand during touch ups!

Cheers

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Hey Nenad, I thought that was weathering you added, you know, some rust - - - - - ;)  But your cleaning up job is looking great.

Cheers,

That were my thoughts also, Piet, until I concluded that weathering is art by itself, and I have great opportunity to ruin all model trying to weather it

Nenad,

You are doing a fine job on making her spic and span. As Piet already ascertained, you're not going for the weathered look. She'll be all shiny and new ... I wish you a steady hand during touch ups!

Cheers

Her fate is to be covered under sails and under glass box with (maybe)  some led lighting , so by nature of this statement, nobody can approach less than 1m seeing Her. So, this is rather question of my actual idiotic pedant state of mind than anything else

In progress:

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Ahhh details no one will ever see!  wait to you see how much painstaking details of the mast  and rigging will be covered by the sails!!!

I believe we are crazy :10_1_10:

Maybe, Marc, may be. Or we just enjoy in challenge?

Anyhow, a bit mad or not, after week with 35°C in shade, we all like two rainy days with max temperature of 20°C.

Hothead is home on his summer vacation, with many plans for me ...??? I have to put him gently on his home place to understand that I am a master of my life ... still

Cleaning continues, one side done

post-4738-0-24868700-1468785565_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

shiny and bright!  it looks like her Captain and master are driving their crew when it comes to cleaning. I've read that during the tea trade, the captains kept their ships clean and painted like yachts.  :D

shiny and bright!  it looks like her Captain and master are driving their crew when it comes to cleaning. I've read that during the tea trade, the captains kept their ships clean and painted like yachts.  :D

Marc

I do not know about Captain, but master had problems during cleaning with two flies who entered in shipyard on unknown way in spite of protective nets on all windows. The rest of story is well known for all of us ... they stand steady usually on most sensitive parts of model where I can not kill them without killing my model, or at the same moment I start painting, they alight on my hand or arm or alight on my shiny bald head,  just when I try to be still and stoned doing precise painting job, balancing above model and holding at the end long thin brush, seeping under main rail, painting surfaces and wires, trying not to paint anything around, all under magnifier ... 

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

it happens Nenad........little specks and spatters.   didn't they tell you that your not suppose to be looking under the cap rails with a magnifying glass?   I get it too........others are not immune.   a lot of the parts I add are painted first and touched up last ;)    but there are the areas of concern,,,,and masking.

your doing a really super job........she really has come a lonnnnnnnnnnng way. 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

THIS is gonna be a very natural model. The details all look very realistic. your cleaning job really did it. Congratulations and lots of power to complete it in this style. LIKE!

Hello Harry and wellcome. Thank you for nice words. I have seen your work and I like it. But I can not find your Flying Cloud log!

Would you be so kind to sent me link?

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Thanks Denis.

As I wrote, and as I was afraid of, home "entertainment" starts. In my life, last 30 years, in situations when I had no enough money, I have made a lot of home furniture (kitchen, bed room, beds fod kids etc etc, and so I have a lot of design and carpenter experience.

But ... When you have stubborn architect in home, everything runs complicated and with a lot of philosophy ... On the other side, I must let him to spread his wings ant to allow him to show and implement his creativity and knowledge ... Two persistence and stubborn, "I know all" and "I know better" folks in same bag and on same project ... huh ...

First result ... Different day rhythm ... Both on summer vacation, I rise up about 07h, start with homework at 09, ready for project and carpenter works at 11-12h ... He works over night, rise at 14-15h ready for work at 16-17, just at the time when I usually work in home yard. When evening falls, instead to do my model, I join architect to catch a few hours together until my regular reading books and sleeping time comes(23-24h), and , so, my work on my CS is collateral damage of rearranging my office

I made my wishes in SketchUp, and Hothead imported it in his arch. programs, and rearranged it on another way, having explanations for all ... continuous fight of ideas character and temperament ...

post-4738-0-31942700-1469095633_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-16221900-1469095636_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-16325100-1469095830_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

But I can not find your Flying Cloud log!

Would you be so kind to sent me link?

Hello Nenad, yes I would...... if there would be a log. I didn`t start a build log yet because my building time is very limited at the moment. The Flying Cloud hull is waiting patiently in the shelf, some deck furniture is finished but thats it. Due to 2 ill family members and lots of work my building progress is so small that it would be boring to start a log at the moment. I hope better times will come and then I will post the pictures I already took and hopefully many new then. So far I enjoy your (and others) logs and be happy with your results. Keep up the work! 

Nenad,

Seems nice to me. Maybe you should instill into him the wisdom of listening to the 'client' (you or any other person), which will sell, as opposed to listening to yourself as a grand and well known architect ...

Carl

Nenad,

Seems nice to me. Maybe you should instill into him the wisdom of listening to the 'client' (you or any other person), which will sell, as opposed to listening to yourself as a grand and well known architect ...

Just yesterday we all (Princess, Hothead and me) had nice conversation about listening, and more important - hearing our clients/pacients. I shared my life/job three decades long experience, and it seems that they accept and consider this life lesson. We'll see today and another days.

I think all of us can remember our own starts and first job steps, when after finishing school, wr start working, learned SOMETHING and think after some time that we know EVERYTHING but we still know NOTHING!

Just want to protect them from rough and hard unwanted lessons which life and older much experienced co-workers can give to young, still yellow, starters, still flying between clouds, as I have got 32 years ago making my first serious contract in building industry ... God, that was a lesson ... two months after I didn't know where was my head and where was my back !!!

Maybe I am wrong. Maybe is bettet to stop trying to protect them, and to let them go through the wall with head

Who knows ...

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

To protect them is alright, Nenad. It is also something natural to do for parents. It is not bad, but sometimes it is necessary they bump their heads ... You can't protect them always, and you will not be there to protect them all the time ... I still know NOTHING, and am willing to learn, although, sometimes me too I'm like hothead ... to often I crash against the wall when that happens(!)

I bet you do a hell of good job on them, you sound like a wonderful father!!

Cheers

Carl

Good points all around.   Sometimes it's just best to let them hit the wall.  Then be there to help them off the floor.   We all learn, sometimes from words, other times from running into the wall.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

with me ,  it's my son's budgeting skills.........I try to give my 2 cents..........but I see no change ;)   one does what one can.......but when they leave,  you hope they come by for refreshers  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Hothead's skills are superb!  I'ts good you have a wonderful architect and (Princess, budding Doctor) in your family;  I miss teasing the "old attorney";

Hope you and your family are doing well,  It's been a pleasure to catch up to your fine work;  I still have more to go...

Your Good Friend; 

Bob

Hothead increased pressure, with idea that today all preparation has to be done, and to start with ordering furniture and accessories tomorrow, also to start painting walls of office tomorrow ... My vacation goes to ....

I barely manage to steal some time to look at the forum and answer, and CS is silently sleeping downstairs ... She is on vacation too ;)  :D

To protect them is alright, Nenad. It is also something natural to do for parents. It is not bad, but sometimes it is necessary they bump their heads ... You can't protect them always, and you will not be there to protect them all the time ... I still know NOTHING, and am willing to learn, although, sometimes me too I'm like hothead ... to often I crash against the wall when that happens(!)

I bet you do a hell of good job on them, you sound like a wonderful father!!

Cheers

Thanks Carl. I also think we ( late admiral and me) have done god job with kids, and I am happy about that. Raise kids is meaning of life, and I am really satisfied with job good done. Little polish here and there is still needed ... but in main lines, it is all OK  :cheers:

Good points all around.   Sometimes it's just best to let them hit the wall.  Then be there to help them off the floor.   We all learn, sometimes from words, other times from running into the wall.

You are damn right Mark !!!!  :10_1_10:

with me ,  it's my son's budgeting skills.........I try to give my 2 cents..........but I see no change ;)   one does what one can.......but when they leave,  you hope they come by for refreshers   ;)

I agree Denis. We constantly forget that our kids have natural right to have their own mistakes :( . As we did :) . As we still do  :angry:

Hothead's skills are superb!  I'ts good you have a wonderful architect and (Princess, budding Doctor) in your family;  I miss teasing the "old attorney";

Hope you and your family are doing well,  It's been a pleasure to catch up to your fine work;  I still have more to go...

Your Good Friend; 

Bob

You have no idea Bob how much I am glad to see you back again, in spite of your life circumstances. Thanks for your nice words, and I really hope that things will go better with you, and that we can again go in hunt for runaway pig   :P

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Hi Nenad

Back from MY vacation, so many new things are done here! Hothead`s Card model looks simply perfect, and your deadeyes are all well lined up. Nice job at all frontiers!

Regards

Gerhard

Enjoy your vacation!

Problems just mean: solutions not yet found

Models in progress

SMS DANZIG

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12842-sms-danzig-1851-by-gerhardvienna-radio-150-scale/

USS CAIRO

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13282-uss-cairo-by-gerhardvienna-live-steam-radio/

Baby Bootlegger 1/10

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13625-baby-bootlegger-110-radio-by-gerhardvienna/

Swiss paddlesteamer RIGI 1848 1:50, after plans from the Verkehrshaus Zürich, rescaled to original length

Anchor tugboat BISON, 1:50, plans from VTH, scratch

Finished models

See-Ewer ELBE, Constructo kit 1:48

German fastboat after plans from german Reichskriegsmarine measure unknown (too ugly to show up!)

German traffic boat for battleships WW2, 1:50, after plans from Jürgen Eichardt, scratch

German Schnellboot TIGER P6141 VTH plans, scratch

Start of Hothead's torture couple a days before

post-4738-0-60178600-1469975512_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-23404900-1469975550_thumb.jpg

One step closer to shipyard. Play of horizontal lines, designed by Hothead

post-4738-0-61407400-1469975600_thumb.jpg

Remains: wireing and floor moldings, making furniture, lighting and entering books and all my papers

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

A hughe change compared to your previous view. You like it or you don't, no middle road in this. I am looking forward to see the remainder of this metamorphosis!!

Edited by cog

Carl

Still drown deep in office reconstruction

Wall moldings with hiden LAN, phone and AC wires on place

post-4738-0-39123600-1470428070_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-80938300-1470428110_thumb.jpg

LEGO blocks in garage. Does anybody can recognize office working desk here?

Over 80 pieces to be combined to something ...

post-4738-0-46675300-1470428235_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

His creation and project, Carl. I can not recognize any single piece where it goes to join whatever and form who knows what. So, He will be main carpenter

:o

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

The office is looking good.  Hothead seems to know what he's doing.  I like hiding the wire in the molding.  Great Idea!

Ouch ... Still out of shipyard ... much harder than I thought ... my 30 years of making home furniture means - nothing ... On the other side, endless (statical.?!?) calculating as wood is concrete, and as furniture is building, unlogical and technicaly impossible connections of panels, wrong drawings and measuring of glass, drawers, etc etc ... result: more re-do than I can imagine, very very very slow progress and my vacation obviously goes to hell, so nervouse grows to sky, fight about every single step ... God give me strenght to be and keep calm few days more

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build: