very nice progress Nenad.........holds and canvas covers look great!   super job!  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Nenad,

hatch with partial drawn back canvas, great detail   ;)

Nils

Thank you Nils. I thought my model has a lot of details, until I started to follow your building logs

You always come out on top, Nenad. So do not complain about a slight colour difference ;)

Tarpaulins will not have the same colour, since they get dirty, and will be replaced over time, but the chance they get changed simultaneously is small

I know that Carl, and that comfort me ...

very nice progress Nenad.........holds and canvas covers look great!   super job!   :)

Thanks Denis aka Popeye ... so ... since you are Popeye, maybe you will be interested in receipt for SPINACH MOUSSAKA ON LEEK I posted in "What do you cook today"

Something is happening here ... I do not know or can not discover reason ... every 2-3 days I got a new case ... so, I am pretty buried over head with tons of papers, working almost whole day including last 3-4 weekends ... 

Fortunately or unfortunately, on October 1st starting strike of employees in judicial authorities, so I hope to treat some order in my life and my activities 

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Adrian, The Prince of Persia, decided to occupy my workspace in office during I go down for tea, and I had to leave office. He is stronger than me ;)

post-4738-0-09072300-1477855673_thumb.jpg

Will he fall down? I'll hear it

So, I was forced to go to shipyard to finish another hatch

post-4738-0-89062000-1477855752_thumb.jpg

This time, canvas is packed

post-4738-0-83508900-1477855878_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-15245100-1477855955_thumb.jpg

Booby hatch left

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Cats and dogs know when need to stop working and go do something fun.  Or at least that's the way it seems.

I love those hatches.   

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Nenad folding up the second canvas is a brilliant solution in my view. Getting ready to lay it out or folding it up ready to open the hatch, perfectly ambiguous but a good looking detail.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

pretty neat........different phases of operation  ;)    a great definition of the level of detail,  with as the degree of detail.   very good work Nenad!  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Couple of days I was ( and still I am) covered and over-loaded with office stuff, and with non-planed non-office stuff ( 2+1 dentist visit etc etc )and has no time even to answer to replies. She (CS) is crying on Her shelf asking for third hatch. I`ll see if I can leave office later today ( now it is 17:30h and it is Saturday evening, and I am still in office !!!) to fulfill Her wish

Cats and dogs know when need to stop working and go do something fun.  Or at least that's the way it seems.

I love those hatches.   

Thanks Mark. For a few weeks, a new "reminder-girl" will come to her new home. Princess  and me were going to see her and to meet with Her (less than a month old, Princess is holding Her) and Her mother ( a large gray shaved mass laying in front of Princess on second photo)

post-4738-0-32430500-1478363364_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-39817700-1478363381_thumb.jpg

Her name will be: Rhea, by the name of Mother of Zeus (Ancient Greek mythology)

Nenad folding up the second canvas is a brilliant solution in my view. Getting ready to lay it out or folding it up ready to open the hatch, perfectly ambiguous but a good looking detail.

Michael

Thanks Michell. Just to remind that all of those of my "inventions" has purpose to draw attention from mistakes

pretty neat........different phases of operation   ;)    a great definition of the level of detail,  with as the degree of detail.   very good work Nenad!   :)

Thanks, Denis. Your works in details inspired me. Except number of builds ;)

Great idea for the hatches. It took some time but I looked at every page of your build And learned alot. Very nice work.

Thanks Dave. I watch your build careful and with great interest

Yes, reading my build log ... it takes some time, because I work slow, had many returns and re-do stuff, and like to write. Also, I think my mistakes can be usefull for someone not to go in wrong direction, and didn `t kill posts with mistakes. But, 176 pages till now ... even I have a problem to find some particular photo or post I wish to refer to in discussion. And I am just halfway to end, approaching slowly to "masting" "yarding", sails and rigging ... maybe it will finish as a book "Diary of beginner in ship-modeling" or so, but - who wants to read it and bye it ?

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Booby hatch, rough works

post-4738-0-32659900-1478718743_thumb.jpg

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

making great progress Nenad..........remember....no time limits or restraints.   cute puppy!  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

models are afraid of them....you know  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

making great progress Nenad..........remember....no time limits or restraints. cute puppy! :)

Time ... time ... time

Where did you get that giant lighter ? Looks far to good for rough works!

The best thing is that I have found gigant cigarettes ! Look at next post ...

models are afraid of them....you know ;)

But, modelers are not afraid!

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Half-product

post-4738-0-87009300-1478812543_thumb.jpg

Product on gigant cigarettes

post-4738-0-98986200-1478812608_thumb.jpg

And on gigant fingers

post-4738-0-40755800-1478812637_thumb.jpg

And temporary on place

post-4738-0-96075000-1478812682_thumb.jpg

New look and feeling of main deck. Noting is glued for now

post-4738-0-98529700-1478812788_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Great work, Nenad !!!

Are those cigarettes 5 foot long ?? I sure hope you are not smoking a whole pack of those every day.

:cheers:

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

nice work with the hatch!   the deck layout looks really good..........

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

P.s. those giant fingers look really fake ;)

I don't know, Carl ... the detailing on them looks pretty good.

Edited by CaptainSteve

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

I like this post-4738-0-96075000-1478812682.jpg it has a great charm to it.

The overall shot shows just how far you have come on this enjoyable journey.

Michael

Edited by michael mott

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Just wow, Nenad.  Her majesty just keeps getting better and better.   

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Great work, Nenad !!!

Are those cigarettes 5 foot long ?? I sure hope you are not smoking a whole pack of those every day.

Fortunately, those are regular Winston 100`s cigarettes. Unfortunately, I am smoking almost 2 packs per day. Almost two years I was out of control for food and cigarettes, and this autumn I decided to keep healthy life, which I succeed with food, but not with cigarrets :(   

nice work with the hatch!   the deck layout looks really good..........

Thanks Denis, I am glad you like it. Stil far away from your brilliant smooth surfaces

It starts to look like a ship's deck, Nenad. Very nice work on the companion way

P.s. those giant fingers look really fake ;)

Thanks Carl. I dreamed about this fingers in my workshop .... scary ( if you have huge imagination, as I)

I don't know, Carl ... the detailing on them looks pretty good.

Hey Cap, you discovered my little secret about this giant fingers ....

Steve,

I'm missing all those scars, fresh cuts, and band-aids from creating all those fabulous tiny deck fittings

Sorry, Nenad, back to your log

You forget sneeze over desk, which acts as  twisters toward Florida to small parts ...

I like this post-4738-0-96075000-1478812682.jpg it has a great charm to it.

The overall shot shows just how far you have come on this enjoyable journey.

Michael

Thanks Michael. Just to mention that your photos couple of years ago have significant merit for leading me to the "detailing devil`s road"

Just wow, Nenad.  Her majesty just keeps getting better and better.   

Thanks Mark. When I was at the beginning, looking another`s logs on this stage, I was thinking I will never reach this point, adn I will never be able to make something like that. Bit by bit, step by step, mistake by mistake, and here we are ... learning curve in practice.

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Boats - preparing

I realized that there are 3 types of boats : Captain`s GIG, Jolly Boat, and two life boats, all three different in details

It could be interesting if anybody can explain their usage and names  (Jud ?)  

At first, I had to re-scale drawings from C-plans sheet No 3 where details of boats are drown by Mr.Campbell to scale " 1/4" to 1 feet" to my already re-scaled plans where at the sheet No 1 I have their dimensions at 100% zoom level  as on my model

" 1/4" to 1 feet" - completely incomprehensible for us who have learned the metric measurement system

Then I measured main dimensions and make a notes for myself, and here is what I have got in Adobe Illustrator

post-4738-0-31535100-1479150473.jpg

post-4738-0-32668600-1479150474.jpg

post-4738-0-98699900-1479150625.jpg

Little beasts !!!! I have a hunch it will wreck my nerves ...

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

The first attempt to determine the line of the ribs ... Playing in adobe illustrator

post-4738-0-98009700-1479241707_thumb.jpg

Length of this boat is only 7 cm 

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

7cm ... Then you'll have your work cut out for you! Good luck with the planking. That won't be easy, or will you be using a plug?

Edited by cog

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

I felt you will go mad Nenad.......so I did some digging.   I was looking in my 'modeler's handbook',  and there is a loophole  ;)   it says:  "a modeler can cheat a little,  but he has to make an honest attempt to cover it up."    so see.........you could get some of those plastic boats {found in kits},  and plank over them....like I do  ;)  :D  :D   

but........if you plan on going all out........folks have done a very good job using plugs and assorted methods.   nothing is too good for her Majesty!  you'll do fine.........what you've done so far has been nothing short of awesome!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

At that size I would go with a plug.  Easier on my nerves.  Unless you are a glutton for punishment and into sadomaschism and go for building up the frames and plankng it.  In reality most boats were built on a plug.  And the frames were bent to the plug and planked or planked over with the frames added.  

David B

Thank you for your kind tips, gentleman !

But, I need a little precise explanation about using word "plug" in context 

Goggle translate is not useful for this !!!

post-4738-0-61402200-1479413631_thumb.jpg

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Nenad,

Here's a plug with frames being installed.  I hope this helps.

post-76-0-72089700-1479416056_thumb.jpg

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

a 'plug'  is nothing more than a mold,  in which to fashion your boat hulls to.  add ship modeling into your search.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: