Nice!!!!   need three Nenad ;)

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Nice!!!!   need three Nenad ;)

Cheers,

Step by step, my friend. First to see will this work for me and my "discovering of hot wather"

Hi Nenad.

Looks promising! Second time lucky and I'm sure it'll work out well.

Cheers

Patrick

Second ? Just second ? There will/would be third or more ...

Old Latin saying: Repetitio  mater studiorum est

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

• 2 weeks later...

I am still banging my head with a way how to make boats ... trying something with laminating paper as base, not worthy to show for now until I see results

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

I shouldn't bang your head to much. Rea might get ideas ;)

I'm afraid you will be banging till the end of time, Nenad, but paper might not do the job for you. Have you thought about styrene? You can shape it easily, sand it down to the thickness you require, it comes in all sorts of shapes, and sheets ... Evergreen is a quite well know brand for it ... just a thought, to save you from getting a permanent headache ...(amongst other things, like a mortal wound, concussion, etc)

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Have you considered Paper Mache? Recipes on line and is is a versatile material that could be used as a form, then sealed for use or the hulls could also be made from it. I have never used it since the first grade when all of us little darlings made some trinket from it for our mothers, do remember the sore thumb from poking cloves into a fresh apple until no apple remained in view, intended to sweeten up the smell of a clothing drawer, after she had passed on we found it in one of her dresser drawers, dried out but still smelling like cloves, sister has the thing, must be close to 68 years old now. Anyway lots of useful and decorative things are made using Paper Mache, might check it out on line. You probably have most, if not all, of the ingredients in the kitchen.

jud :pirate41:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, at long last, Nenad!

In my absence from the forum,  I've had ups and downs like everybody else.  Right now I'm thinking about purchasing a 3d printer;  which could potentially solve my problems with trim pieces, etc but it will be a while.

The dimensions could be scaled for anyone; and if I DO (admiral) purchase a 3d printer, I'd be happy to provide anyone on this forum with parts minus shipping.

Cutty has had some damage from the moves;  I'll get her back and move on....

Your Friend,

Bob

Hello, at long last, Nenad!

In my absence from the forum,  I've had ups and downs like everybody else.  Right now I'm thinking about purchasing a 3d printer;  which could potentially solve my problems with trim pieces, etc but it will be a while.

The dimensions could be scaled for anyone; and if I DO (admiral) purchase a 3d printer, I'd be happy to provide anyone on this forum with parts minus shipping.

Cutty has had some damage from the moves;  I'll get her back and move on....

Your Friend,

Bob

Hello dear friend, I am so glad you are back, and hope that "downs" are over, so you can start resolving damage on your beautiful model.

It seems I reached couple of stages in front of you, but do not worry about this - boats still give me a grand head ache and head banging, and, combined with my new time-consuming Bobtail puppy (which reach 20 kg in her fourth month !!!), I slowed down.

post-4738-0-57054100-1487161216_thumb.jpg

So, I am waiting for you somewhere on the main deck

I hope that damage on your CS is minor and that it will not be hard to fix. If I can help with some idea ( you know I am full of them !), fell free to ask

3D printer ... do not know what to think about

Your runaway piggy is on safe place under fore deck of my CS

:D

I hope to see your progress as soon as it is possible

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

• 3 weeks later...

Just to say hello. I am still here, following forum, but no time (still) to continue ...

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

It's great to hear from you Nenad.  I was beginning to worry a bit.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all!

Still thinking ...

After a couple of unsuccessfull tests, not worth to be posted, I am a bit more close to solution with solid body boats.

My sweet beast is still a demanding one, and I am so delighted and excited with her character, personality, frendly attitude and intelegence. Much more I can imagine. She is 5 months old now, with weight growing over 20 kg, and herart and love I just can not describe with words.

Still a baby, but really smart and sweet one, making every of my day nice and shiney

I hope that I'll be able to show some progress soon

In mean time, cheers to everybody!

IMG_20170317_154519.jpg

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

It's great to hear from you Nenad.   Those beasts are more than ball of fur aren't they?  

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Rhea has gotten bigger.....she's look'in good :)   oh....and it's good to hear from you too :D  

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

She is growing fast !!

:D:D

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nenad

I`M back too from admiral-forced break;) As I`ve read above you plan to play with a 3D Printer: Same idea friend, I`m planning to build a DIY printer, some parts arrived yet, still a lot more to come til I can start to build it up. Rhea has become a big one, friend!

Regards

Gerhard

Problems just mean: solutions not yet found

Models in progress

SMS DANZIG

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12842-sms-danzig-1851-by-gerhardvienna-radio-150-scale/

USS CAIRO

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13282-uss-cairo-by-gerhardvienna-live-steam-radio/

Baby Bootlegger 1/10

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13625-baby-bootlegger-110-radio-by-gerhardvienna/

Swiss paddlesteamer RIGI 1848 1:50, after plans from the Verkehrshaus Zürich, rescaled to original length

Anchor tugboat BISON, 1:50, plans from VTH, scratch

Finished models

See-Ewer ELBE, Constructo kit 1:48

German fastboat after plans from german Reichskriegsmarine measure unknown (too ugly to show up!)

German traffic boat for battleships WW2, 1:50, after plans from Jürgen Eichardt, scratch

German Schnellboot TIGER P6141 VTH plans, scratch

Relatively bad news ... I visited an ophthalmologist and found out that I was the lucky winner of cataracts in both eyes in the early stages ... so ... I do further to avoid harassing my eyes ... these days I'm going to consult a surgeon for the following steps ... so ... Cutty has to wait a while ...

Good news is that this kind of surgery is easy and fast, and not a big deal. If you have money. If you do not have, you have to wait almost year to get your place in the waiting line for this kind of surgey 

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

My mother had this surgery in her mid-80s and no sees better then ever  :)  I understand that even in some parts of Europe (not talking about the developing World) money (not talking about regular hospital and doctor's fees that in most parts of Europe are covered by health insurance) makes a difference, when it comes to treatment ... :o  Cataract normally develops slowly over years, so patience may be the strategy ...

wefalck

panta rhei - Everything is in flux

M-et-M-72.jpg  Banner-AKHS-72.jpg  Banner-AAMM-72.jpg  ImagoOrbis-72.jpg

7 hours ago, wefalck said:

My mother had this surgery in her mid-80s and no sees better then ever  :)  I understand that even in some parts of Europe (not talking about the developing World) money (not talking about regular hospital and doctor's fees that in most parts of Europe are covered by health insurance) makes a difference, when it comes to treatment ... :o  Cataract normally develops slowly over years, so patience may be the strategy ...

As I was told by doctor, now is a new medicine doctrine on - surgery immediately, no waiting for cataract to "mature". If I want to/have money to go to private clinic, I can resolve this next week (1500-2000€ per eye !!!). But, if I want to do this under roof of health insurance, I have to wait - not enough doctors of this kind and not enough specialized clinics for ophthalmology which are under roof of health insureance in Serbia. I`ll see what ophthalmologist surgeon will tell on Friday when consultation is sheduled

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

My wife had cataract surgery a couple years ago. Her comment after surgery-"Wow, the trees have leaves again!". Recovery is pretty fast too. She had to take antibiotic eye drops for a month or so, and that was pretty much it.

Yes, it can be pricey. But, if you can afford it, the surgery can correct other vision problems at the same time.

Good luck Nenad. I hope things work out well for you.

Harvey

Good luck with the cataract surgery Nenad. It's indeed a simple and easy operation.  I also had both eyes done a few years ago.  What a difference.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

I've got my fingers crossed for you, Nenad.   I got lucky this week at my eye exam.  No cataracts, just new glasses needed.  I do worry about cataracts since they run in the family.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

sorry to hear of your set back........I hope you can get in there quick and get patched up ;)    fingers crossed for a quick recovery.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

• 2 weeks later...