17 hours ago, jay said:

Mark,

would you say this is the smallest scale most detailed build on MSW ?.  I trust your experience and knowledge.

Jay

Have a look at Patrick's latest.  

Now that's tiny.  Also the ones that Nenad referenced..... 

Sweet work on the boat, Nenad.   I couldn't do that if I tried.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

21 hours ago, Omega1234 said:

Thanks Mark, Nenad and Jay. 

Now, I'm blushing!  

Cheers. 

Patrick

Picture, picture, picture!!!!!!!!

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Nenad,

I have been away for a few months, and have enjoyed catching up with your posts and the nice work you have been doing on the ships boats and life in Serbia.  

Cheers,

Scott

Current Builds:  Revell 1:96 Thermopylae Restoration

Revell 1:96 Constitution COMPLETED

Aeropiccola HMS Endeavor IN ORDINARY

Planned Builds: Scientific Sea Witch

Marine Models USF Essex

Little pause, caused by my two short vacation trips to Central Srbia, and by sudden death of my PC.

I hope to continue in next seven days

So, until Dr. Chandra deliver me new Sal9000, and until I return from Zlatibor, cheers for all

Edited by NenadM

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the reasons I didn`t continue my work. (Un)fortunately vacation is over, so I`ll continue one of this days

Kustendorf

IMG_20170823_130435.thumb.jpg.1802042a9fd26164a9678ca6935e3ff6.jpg

Famous bridge on Drina river 

IMG_20170824_120417.thumb.jpg.474d1af86842b3e8e44baac1c64a5c0e.jpg

From boat in Drina Canyon

IMG_20170824_162502.thumb.jpg.b364cff323031318b9e43bb63116bcd6.jpg

This is REAL colour of water !

Tornik, ski centre

IMG_20170825_111422.thumb.jpg.086587fdd70e20c8b4da24f9af0205c5.jpg

PANO_20170825_111155.thumb.jpg.b571a10fae35b07062dc13f457d17cfc.jpg

Stopića Cave

IMG_20170825_132459.thumb.jpg.d9fa762d5c58be81d8551c8102c3b50e.jpgIMG_20170825_134757.thumb.jpg.fc5e2fe4292cf7df07ad16b11cdc1ec3.jpgIMG_20170825_135253.thumb.jpg.1c06b31989285a9340e1af544bc45bf2.jpg

Waterfall near cave

IMG_20170825_153157.thumb.jpg.129abba64d03f2e14d05f54087c131f5.jpg

Podpecka Cave

IMG_20170826_100721.thumb.jpg.34458dba117e3366d9d8415d49b04b11.jpgIMG_20170826_102852.thumb.jpg.46ee3069b700f2db36d98dec2c33d717.jpg

All near Zlatibor mountain

In progress:

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

What a wonderful vacation trip.  i wouldn't want it to stop either.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

hello Nenad......good to see your still working on the small boats...the gig looks really good.  thanks for sharing more of the Serbian countryside.....take a trip and never leave the farm! ;) 

did you sift through all that stuff for modeling material?

Edited by popeye the sailor
comical remark

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Hi Nenad your small Gig look great.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

On 27.8.2017. at 8:30 PM, SawdustDave said:

Amazing photo's Nenad.  Thanks for sharing.

Dave

Hello, Dave. This is the best I can pull out from my cellphone

On 27.8.2017. at 9:10 PM, cog said:

I can imagine why you feel sorry vacation is over .. I would be too!!!

But, my soul is filled with nice days I spent there, and I am recycled at al !!! That is most important

On 31.8.2017. at 9:58 PM, popeye the sailor said:

hello Nenad......good to see your still working on the small boats...the gig looks really good.  thanks for sharing more of the Serbian countryside.....take a trip and never leave the farm! ;) 

did you sift through all that stuff for modeling material?

Hello Denis. A lot of work with boats, if I want to reproduce details which give them unique spirit as on pictures.

Even Serbia is small country, I was amased with things I discovered and have seen last month. Both caves were discovered not more than 20 years ago, and opened for public only couple years ago. Can you inagine that there is another 650 m of "bathtubes" behind wall, which will be opened for public next year ?

Materials ... improvisation. I was looking for material which can easily follow lines and imitate clinker planking on such a scale, at the same time to provide fast glue hardening, do some unsuccesful tests, and find my fortune with regular copy paper and diluted white glue. 

On 31.8.2017. at 10:10 PM, michael mott said:

Hi Nenad your small Gig look great.

Michael

Thank you Michael. I did my best

So, lets move forward

01.jpg

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Beautiful pictures Nenad. This world is filled with beauty to enjoy when given the time. Thanks for sharing some of that beauty with us.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nenad,

Happy to see you back in the ship yard!  I hope all is well with you and your family!

Great vacation!

The captain's gig looks good!  

Marc 

Thank you all for likes and nice words

Unfortunately, I am "pretty" occupied with start of Court seasson and some new office jobs, and with a new content of my free time ;) and have no time to continue. Hope it will be in regular order soon

On 3.9.2017. at 3:17 AM, Piet said:

Beautiful pictures Nenad. This world is filled with beauty to enjoy when given the time. Thanks for sharing some of that beauty with us.

Cheers,

Thanks Piet, it was amazign experience

On 14.9.2017. at 3:53 AM, keelhauled said:

Hi Nenad,

Happy to see you back in the ship yard!  I hope all is well with you and your family!

Great vacation!

The captain's gig looks good!  

Marc 

Hello Marc. All in home are well, all of us have luck of time ... life is ... let`s say ... in warp speed ... Hope to return in "normal" life soon ... and to finish my boats 

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes, life is not fair as we want to be. Simply, life do not fulfill all our wishes

So, it reproduces ... hmm ... pretty complicated days/weeks/moths, which results with chronic lack of time

Did anybody find somewhere extended day option? If yes, please let me know! :10_1_10:

Actual court season started in desired way - with many new jobs, so I found myself in situation I was four years ago, before "reform" of judical system (with moving court houses) and our strike against goverment, which slowed me down four years. Just to mention that I was forced to work with only 50% of my capacitity. Another 50% was occupied with undesired tragic events I was posting earlier.

Now, my private life is stabilized, and actual court season started good, and I worked almost every day 12-13 working hours, even during weekend days. For a difference comparing to period before 4 years, on that time there was my Admiral with me in office and a legal prentice, so I was able to distribute excess of work to them. Now I am alone in office, and life circumstances and work conditions do not allow me to engage new legal prentice to help me. But, what to to - you ask for it, Nenad. Be quite and enjoy in show

At the same time, both kids are in home now. Princes finished her B1level of Goethe language exam, started C1 level, and also started applying for job and specialization in Anesthetic to different hospitals in Germany. Hothead finished with listening all his batchelor exams, and he is back home for next year, to prepare for his residual exams and batchelor graduate work, which he can do from home (no need to rent a flat in Novi sad any more), with idea to get his master degree starting next september. So, they are here at home, and want to talk, to consort, to spend as much is possible quality time together with me, unil they spread their wings and fly to their own lifes. It is Ok, but it is also time demanding

Rhea also need some time

At the same time, my social life also grows, because I have strong decision - my life just will not be in circle office-kids-cooking-cleaning-homeyard-Rhea-laundry-office. There are artist exibitions, Opera and Theatre i want to see, books I want to read, movies I want to see, places I want to visit, people I want to meet, and ... :rolleyes: ... someone on a good way to something as a girlfriend. More than one (shy) to be honest :stunned:  ... Also time demanding :Whew:

So, lack of time for hobby, in a way I want it to be :(

But, I stoled some time from me, and made a little step forward yesterday with second boat

I hope I will continue soon

Thanks for you all for support and nice words !

camcic.mp4

Edited by NenadM

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

1 hour ago, NenadM said:

... people I want to meet, and ... :rolleyes: ... someone on a good way to something as a girlfriend. More than one (shy) to be honest :stunned:  ... Also time demanding :Whew:

So, lack of time for hobby, in a way I want it to be :(

But, I stoled some time from me, and made a little step forward yesterday with second boat

I hope I will continue soon

Thanks for you all for support and nice words !

This is very good news to read that life is turning around for you, Nenad .... at long last !!

:D:D:D

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

Good for you Nenad. You can even build at a later less hectic time in life. Set your priorities in the right order my friend. You have one life to live ... live it well. If you take to long to update your log, I might just be forced to visit you!!! :)

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

I hope you find your 'new norm' soon!  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Extended days?  I too wish for those, my friend.   Your little boats look great and it's good that you found some time.   Cherish the children while you can for all too soon they will fly away to new adventures and new lives.   :)  Taking care of you and being happy is more important than anything else.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

So good hearing from you Nenad and knowing that everything is going okay - - albeit quite busy. Spend the time with your children now and make it a great time. You take care of yourself and hopefully hear from you soon again. Stay strong my friend.

Cheers,

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

VOC Ship Surabaya

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

I just beat kids in Monopoly game two days in a row,!!!!

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

• 4 weeks later...

Four rows in oneIMG_20171106_192743.thumb.jpg.479695884133397281f6811f2aec30a5.jpg hour ...

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Making progress Nenad, that's 4 more then yesterday. Rome wasn't build in one day either ;)

Cheers,

VOC Ship Surabaya

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

On 27.08.2017 at 7:22 PM, NenadM said:

Some of the reasons I didn`t continue my work. (Un)fortunately vacation is over, so I`ll continue one of this days

Kustendorf

IMG_20170823_130435.thumb.jpg.1802042a9fd26164a9678ca6935e3ff6.jpg

Hi Nenad!
Several years ago I visited this village of Kusturica Kustendorf (Drevengrad) too.
This place is just amazing!