A fully Rigged Model Shipways Confederacy.......

yvesvidal

Mark....I will indeed. Figured I would get it past the "boiling water" stage before I begin posting the more interesting stuff. To me, this stage is much like watching grass grow. Just placed the last plank on the hull to complete my first planking.....ordered a beautiful piece of Mayan Walnut which I will be using for her skin. Can't wait to take it to my sawmill and begin creating her skin planks. Thanks

Sawdust Dave -

Current build - USS Constitution 1:60th (scratch)....

Visit my blog site - All previous builds.... http://davesmodelships.blogspot.com

Dave,

If I understand you, you will be giving a rather rustic look at your Mayflower, as opposed to the new and bright look suggested by Chuck and the Model Shipways kit.

I cannot wait to read your Build Log. Please start it when you feel like.

Thanks

Yves

Edited by yvesvidal

Take a look at Llhan Gokcay's Build log.....I just don't like to paint over beautiful wood. And I love his detail....should be a nice challenge.

Please excuse me while I experiment with posting photo's from my iPad.

I still haven't figured out how to add pic's to my personal gallery. Takes us old folks a little while to figure things out.

post-11777-0-90912900-1399000168_thumb.jpg

Edited by SawdustDave

Sawdust Dave -

Current build - USS Constitution 1:60th (scratch)....

Visit my blog site - All previous builds.... http://davesmodelships.blogspot.com

• 4 years later...

i hate to keep opening up old logs, but as it is a few years down the road, since the last post, is there a definitive way ahead on rigging this kit, 

Edited by Kevin

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat