1:450 USS Missouri

gdollow

Hi

I have just bought the hasegawa USS Missouri, and I want to add photo - etch stanchions.  At this scale all  I have found is Eduard's IJN and Kreigsmarine railings. 

Could some one tell me if these would be suitable.  There seems to be plenty photo etched stanchions at 1:400 scale.  Would these look OK or would they be oversized?

I did manage to find a wooden deck overlay, which I will be using.

When this and my paints arrive I will be starting a build log.

Thanks

Graham

Previous: HM Bomb Vessel Granado,  USS Missouri 1/450

Current: HMS Warspite 1/350

Pontos does the absolute best Iowa class sets, but I think their stuff is intended for the 1/350 Tamiya kits. I've got the Tamiya 1/350 New Jersey and Pontos modern Iowa sets sitting in the stash waiting to be built myself.

I don't think anyone will be able to tell the difference between IJN and KMD railings/stanchions, and they would be slightly oversized but probably not too much to be particularly noticable. Stanchions and wire are are incredibly fiddly at that scale though; I'd go with PE railings if it was me.

If you are wanting to get a really accurate and crazy detailed Missouri, you may want to consider upgrading to a 1/350 scale kit as there is a literal mountain of aftermarket accessories for them.

Best of luck on your build!

Edited by channell

They just came out with a 1/200 scale version. Hopefully soon there will also be detail sets for her. I have 2 1/192 scale kits and I have most of the add on detail sets, still a few more things to get and then I will have everything I need. I have all the 40 quard guns and the 20mm guns plus all the barrels for the main and the 5" guns plus rails, ports holes and doors and ladders. Someday in a year or two I will have all that is needed to start her.

Edited by WackoWolf

Wacko

Joe :D

Go MSW :) :)

They just came out with a 1/200 scale version. Hopefully soon there will also be detail sets for her. I have 2 1/192 scale kits and I have most of the add on detail sets, still a few more things to get and then I will have everything I need. I have all the 40 quard guns and the 20mm guns plus all the barrels for the main and the 5" guns plus rails, ports holes and doors and ladders. Someday in a year or two I will have all that is needed to start her.

Yep, I've got the new "Big Mo" one on preorder and plan to take it on next year. I'm maybe 80% finished on my 1/200 Bismarck with aftermarket goodies; the big battleships are HUGE projects though...