HMS Agamemnon by mobbsie - FINISHED - Caldercraft / Jotika - 1/64

Cheers Mobbsie,

I thought about making the case myself at one time. But that's a definite no no.

Thanks for the info mate, the measurements will tell me wether I can actually

Fit a case in anywhere.

Just stated fitting the yards will put a post up soon.

Thanks again

All the best

George

• HI Mobbsie  The Destroyer is a Deans Marine kit which is 1/96 890mm long it can be built for radio control, but I will build it as a static model, I now have the kit and I am tempted to build it and complete Diana afterwards, The reason I am building HMS Tanatside Is my father served on her when she supported the landings at Omaha Beach.

Ray

Current build A set of HMS Diana`s boats @ 1/48

HMS Royal Marine a Military class Trawler

Completed  HMS Diana

Completed build The Lady Nelson

Completed Build HMS Pegasus

wonderful work and congratulations on her completion, i will follow you into the dark side with many returns to the kit side as i bring the Victory towards a finish

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Hi Gents,

Joe, thank you so much for the good words mate, I really do appreciate them.

Ray, What a lovely thing to do, this ship will have so much going for it with not a small amount of sentiment, as a child I always had a thing for HMS Cossack, I liked the lines of her, I still today keep a lookout for any articles on her, nothing like your Tanatside though. Good on you.

Kevin, Thanks for the good words mate, HMS Triton Cross Section, see you on the dark side, don't forget to bring a torch with you.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

OK Tony, what's next....give us a link...

John

Current Current Builds:

US Brig Niagara on my website

FINISHED BUILD LOGS:

New Bedford Whaleboat - page on my Morgan Website:  http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com/whaleboat-build-log-by-john-fleming.html

C.W. Morgan - Model Shipways 1:64 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1785-cw-morgan-by-texxn5-johnf-ms-164-kit/

USS Constitution - Revell 1:96 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1796-uss-constitution-by-texxn5-johnf-revell-196-kit/

website US Brig Niagara Model http://www.niagaramodel.com

website Charles W Morgan Model http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com

website PROXXON DISCOUNT TOOL STORE http://proxxontoolsdiscount.com

good to see her finished Mobbsie :)  you've done a superb job.....she looks absolutely stunning!  the level of detail you put into her really shows the time spent ;)   I'll be looking forward to your next build.......have you begun the cross section yet?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Hi John, Boris279 & Popeye,

Thank you gents for your very kind words and comments.

John, If I knew how to put a link in mate I most certainly would but I even forget which side of the bed to get out of these days. I afraid it's a non  starter bud. :(

I've now entered the DARK SIDE. :o

Next build is the Granado Cross Section 1/48 scale scratch, this is a group build with co-conspirator's being Grant, Jack Panzeca and ASAT ( Lou ).

Both Grant and me have started our logs a while back, but this is not going to be a quick build, with Grant basically only having the weekends to work on it the pace is going to be a bit sedate. :rolleyes:

I'm filling my time by practising with my tools and honing up on my carpentry skills, I might add here that they were non-existent from the start so expect a few sloppy joints along the way. ^_^

Hopefully see you on the other side gents. :)

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,

Wow Mobbsie, incredible work!  Sorry I missed that you had finished the build a week ago.  Really gorgeous model!  What is also amazing is the quality of work you do at the speed you do it. :)

Congratulations!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

Hi Mike,

Thanks mate, really appreciate your kind words.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Wondeful job Tony!  Congrats on a fine build.  I first read your comment on "no more big buids" as NO MORE builds - so glad I read it wrong...

Your Aggy is one beautiful ship - you should be proud!!!

Wes Cook

Current Build: USF Constitution (Model Shipways)

USF Essex (Scratch build)

MS Syren (build log lost, need to rebuild)

Future Builds: MS Confederacy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mobbsie

Beautiful!

:champagne-popping-smiley-emotic

Your change will be a sad loss for us humble kit builders and a great win for the dark arts. Are you aware that you could actually tempt other, innocent souls to follow you? You take great responsibility there, my friend!

Cheers

Peter

Hi Guys,

Thank you so much for your very kind remarks and comments, and for all the likes, I do appreciate them all.

Peter,

Thanks mate, we do have a small group who are undertaking the same scratch build and it's the first for all of us, except Lou. Should anybody else wish to join us on the dark side they are more than welcome, so I hold my hand up and plead guilty mi' lord. The responsibility weighs very heavy on my shoulders, OH I feel it. :D

John,

I take that as a real compliment coming from you mate, to be honest I did enjoy building her but I wish I hadn't started, I got my display case for her today and my Granddaughters reaction was OMG it's Enormous, I have to say it is big, in fact it's too big for the house so if I can I will pas her on, if anybody has a crane to lift it they are welcome.

Wes,

Thanks buddy, I intend to carry on building mate just not damn great things like this, I just don't have the room at home, but hey we learn from our mistakes don't we.

I will post some pictures of the case soon

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie

Isn't it amazing how large the case turns out to be?  Really hope you can find a good spot and hang on to her Mobbsie.

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Mobbsie

I have failed as an active member to take account of your build by any comments. It is fantastic and congratulations. I'll troll back through it again although I've looked in before. It is amazing - well done!!!

Cheers

Alistair

Current Build - HMS Fly by aliluke - Victory Models - 1/64

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/34180-hms-fly-by-aliluke-victory-models-164/

Previous Build  - Armed Virginia Sloop by Model Shipways

Previous Build - Dutch Whaler by Sergal (hull only, no log)

One of our club members built a model without taking into account the finished size.  His workshop is in the den of his house  when finished and cased he could not get it out of the den.  Outside of the case he was stuck as well.  I remember seeing a photo of the build.  It was massive.  The last time he brought it to a meeting for ships on deck I almost had a hernia trying to move it safely without masts and rigging.  We barely got it through the door and the stairs.  And I was used to lifting large and awkward items!  Plenty of exercise doing the stairs.  I was younger and stupid but I volunteered.  That is why I build at the smaller scales.  Nothing larger than 16" at the most.

David B

Hi Guys,

Well I have finally taken some pics of the case and will post them now.

Thank you one and all very much for your much appreciated support, comments, suggestion, remarks and help, not forgetting all those who hit the "like" button.

As you will see I had to pull the sideboard away from the wall by 5 inches, thinking that would be enough the said case was positioned by two burley friends of mine and guess what, it stuck out by a further 2 inches.

post-493-0-58327300-1416827300_thumb.jpg  post-493-0-16057200-1416827341_thumb.jpg

post-493-0-55998900-1416827358_thumb.jpg  post-493-0-32362700-1416827374_thumb.jpg

So there we are, these last few pics really do wrap this story up, hope you enjoyed the journey, hopefully I'll see you on the dark side, Popcorn is kindly supplied Sjors but you will need to bring your own torch.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie

Some great shots to finish off Mobbsie - she really is a monster! Clearly, you need to move into a bigger house with more display room and a larger workshop. ;)

What's 5" amongst friends?  Magnificent !!!!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Great finish to the journey Mobbsie with a super case I have to display mine ships without cases due to lack of

room Diana will have a shelf in the spare bedroom/computer room. One day you may return to the light side

Be good

best regards Ray

Ray

Current build A set of HMS Diana`s boats @ 1/48

HMS Royal Marine a Military class Trawler

Completed  HMS Diana

Completed build The Lady Nelson

Completed Build HMS Pegasus

Admiral Nelson would be proud. I look forward to more of your builds.

Be well,

Mort

Current Build - Caldercraft Victory

Completed - Artesiana Latina Swift, Harvey, MGS Prince de Neufchatel, Imai USS Susquehanna, Mamoli Constitution, Rattlesnake per Hunt Practium, Caldercraft Snake, Diana, Kammerlander Duke William 

Waiting to be Launched -  Bluejacket Constitution

Proud member of The New Jersey Ship Model Society

she looks great in her place of prominence....really nice case for her too.    again,  congrats Mobbsie on a very beautiful build!  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch