HMS Agamemnon by mobbsie - FINISHED - Caldercraft / Jotika - 1/64

have a nice trip!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

My congratulations also on your promotion.  We must all together hold fast as a certain Nederlander is fast approaching the rank of Captain!!!!! 

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the good wishes gents, gratefully recieved.

There is some real talent out there, not only is there some superb ship builders but also students of language. This site impresses me more and more.

I got back home on Sunday and started back on the Aggie on Monday, completed all the guns and carriages, the gun tackle for the 18lb'ers, Focastle planking glued on and rubbed down to bulkhead height and scrap blocks glued inside the main gundeck gunports to support the gunport linings when fitted.

I'm currently working on the Quarter Galleries and having some fun, just trying to get the Stern fascia to stay in place when dry fitted, at the mo it's like a

bl--dy catapult and pings off as soon as I get anywhere near it.

Next job after the Galleries will be the forward bulkhead fascia and the roundhouses, the doors will be removed and new scratch doors fitted.

I have a few pics, hope you like.

mobbsie

Full set of dummy guns = 26 x 24 lb'ers in my colour scheme

post-493-0-23555000-1365609177_thumb.jpg

In the box are two full sets of 26 x 18 lb'ers and 12 x 9 lb'ers again all in my colour scheme.

post-493-0-38815300-1365609307_thumb.jpg

24 Gun tackle blocks and hooks for the gun carriages

post-493-0-79489300-1365609519_thumb.jpg

24 Gun tackle blocks and hooks for the bulwarks

post-493-0-16655800-1365609640_thumb.jpg

Focastle planking done

post-493-0-26726100-1365609720_thumb.jpg

More to follow

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

A few more pics

Stern counter being planked.

post-493-0-94291400-1365610782_thumb.jpg

post-493-0-85734600-1365610850_thumb.jpg

Stern Fascia's dry fitted

post-493-0-79985700-1365610998_thumb.jpg

post-493-0-69887700-1365611041_thumb.jpg

post-493-0-37168900-1365611093_thumb.jpg

post-493-0-42923000-1365611172_thumb.jpg

post-493-0-07720000-1365611223_thumb.jpg

So there we are, right up to date, fitting the quarter galleries is going to be fun but before I do them I have to glaze and paint the area inside them which will be white bulkheads with a black & white checker board deck, no furniture.

mobbsie

mobbsie

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,

You are certainly in top gear, Mobbsie. Nicely done!!!!

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Andy, Augie, thanks for the good words guys. Really appreciated.

Second planking is not that far away Andy.

mobbsie

mobbsie

Wow !  ..... Tony it's looking great... the stern shaped up beautifuly..... Man, I don't know whats  more tedious..... doing ratlines or rigging guns...... you sure have a lot of both !  :P

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Mobbsie,

Very well done! And since a picture is worth at least a thousand words, your posting volume now probably exceeds Sjors! :D

Cheers,

Jim

:cheers:

Completed      Robert E Lee, Misisssippi riverboat               

Completed,  HMS Victory Bow Section

Completed,  Wells Fargo Stagecoach...Picasa album.... 

Completed,  Lackawanna tugboat converted to private yacht...

Completed:  Sopwith Camel, 1:16 Scale, Model Airways...at another location...

Completed:  1961 Ferrari F-1 Sharknose

Completed: (sorta)  OcCre BR-18 Locomotive

Completed: 1/35 Pz.KPfw.III

Completed: Allerton Steam Pumper circa 1869

I like that stern fascia strapping job. I'm finding more and more that learning and figuring out how to strap a piece down during dry fitting is a life saver. Its amazing the methods we have to use to make things work/fit. I've been shaping the bulwarks on my little Swift build and the learning curve on something like that makes me appreciate the job in fitting one of the big ships.

Thanks for more photos. Love eye candy! :dancetl6:

I can just imagine the gun crews on Capt' Mobbsies Aggy.    "...Inspection again boys and the Capt says if those gun barrrel ends arent shining there will be no GROG, now put your backs into it, Capt wants those frogs shaking when they see Aggys polished guns firing!"

Wow Mobbsie, you seem to be back up to your usual building speed. She's looking tremendous mate! You mentioned having trouble getting the stern facia to stay in place - have you soaked it to help it take the bend?

yepper!  your not wasting any time!   fantastic progress  and I really like the looks of your cannons.   you'll get that facia on there....I've no doubts about that!   superb stuff,  my friend.......keep on chugg'in!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Hi Guys,

Thank you all very much for the kind words and looking in.

There was a good reason why the stern fascia would'nt fit right, I was sticking it in the wrong place, what an idiot !!!!!!!!!!!!!, after a lot of deliberation I found out where it should go, a simple error like that seems to take an age to sort out but a big problem does'nt take long at all. :angry:  :angry:

Starboard side Gallery in fitted and the port side will be done tomorrow, it's taken me the best part of today to do just the one, fiddly little b----rs they are. :huh:

I still have to put the window frames in but they are glazed. :)

I will have some pics soon.

mobbsie

mobbsie

no...........idiots can't figure things out!   I told you.......knowing you,  you probably threw it on the table and it jumped into place!  looking forward to the next picture show!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Mobbsie, you are flying along at warp speed and doing a super job.  I too await your next update.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Mobbsie,

I'm glad that you listen to me  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

But you have found the high gear!

You want to finished her before Anja and myself are visiting you????

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Mobbsie-  next time you run into a situation like that fascia where it appears not to fit, remember my motto:

"Brute force and ignorance will triumph over logic and reason everytime"   :D  :D

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

confusious say:   he who work like bull in china shop.......have many broken dishes :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Your not wrong there Popeye, but as long as I've got me filler I'm happy.

mobbsie

mobbsie

Hi Augie,

Plenty of that my friend, brute force and ignorance is my middle name. !!!!!!!

mobbsie

mobbsie