HMS Agamemnon by mobbsie - FINISHED - Caldercraft / Jotika - 1/64

WOW!

Repairs?  What repairs.  That is one whole lot of progress Mobbsie.  She looks great and I love the deck details.  Especially the 'cooker' as you call it.

Question-  Did you use Sjors as consultant on the transom ??  :)  :)  :D 

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Thanks everybody for the good words.

WOW!

Repairs?  What repairs.  That is one whole lot of progress Mobbsie.  She looks great and I love the deck details.  Especially the 'cooker' as you call it.

Question-  Did you use Sjors as consultant on the transom ??  :)  :)  :D 

Not this time mate, I'll save Sjors for the more complicated fixes. :D  :D

Grant, I may be in a position to start the rigging sometime in 2014, least that's what the Admiral is hoping, still got to make the rope server yet.!!!!!!!!!! :D  :D

Andy your right, there's plenty of trim to go on. ;)

Barbossa, You have hit the nail on the head mate, I've had to tinker with both the Badger and Granado transoms. :huh:  :huh:

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

nice repair on the transom.......bet there were a few discouraging words said when you saw it.   but you fixed it....and that's all that matters.

your deck fittings look very nice!   well done!;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Mobbsie,

Good catch and a great fix. Everything is looking top-notch.  post-76-0-27330900-1372639776.gif

The fun stuff is starting.... deck furniture and the guns... post-76-0-57039700-1372639829.gif

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Wow! She's shaping up very nicely Mobbsie! Makes me wish I could afford one of these myself!! 

hamilton

current builds: Corel HMS Bellona (1780)

previous builds: MS Phantom (scuttled, 2017); MS Sultana (1767); Corel Brittany Sloop (scuttled, 2022); MS Kate Cory; MS Armed Virginia Sloop (in need of a refit); Corel Flattie; Mamoli Gretel; Amati Bluenose (1921) (scuttled, 2023); AL San Francisco (destroyed by land krakens [i.e., cats]); Corel Toulonnaise (1823); 
MS Glad Tidings (1937) (in need of a refit)HMS Blandford (1719) from Corel HMS GreyhoundFair Rosamund (1832) from OcCre Dos Amigos (missing in action); Amati Hannah (ship in a bottle); Mamoli America (1851)Bluenose fishing schooner (1921) (scratch)

under the bench: Admiralty Echo cross-section; MS Emma C Barry; MS USS Constitution; MS Flying Fish; Corel Berlin; a wood supplier Colonial Schooner Hannah; Victory Models H.M.S. Fly; CAF Models HMS Granado; MS USS Confederacy

Hi Guys,

Thanks you for lookin in and the very kind comments and remarks.

I have a bit of an update, probably the last one for a short period as the Admiral and I are off for a few days up north, Northumberland for a bit of hill and fell walking, all around Kielda forest.

Deck furniture for the upper gun deck is fitted as are the guns, the guns are rigged but I'm waiting for the flemish coils to dry so I can finish them off, that's the only fault with the system I use, drying time, must learn to be patient.!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

No hick ups during this stage which is always a bonus.

Some pics

post-493-0-09750200-1372945489_thumb.jpg

post-493-0-68079900-1372945516_thumb.jpg

post-493-0-68416000-1372945548_thumb.jpg

post-493-0-41979200-1372946739_thumb.jpg

post-493-0-55021600-1372946764_thumb.jpg

post-493-0-49745800-1372946797_thumb.jpg

post-493-0-19270600-1372946853_thumb.jpg

post-493-0-67993600-1372946920_thumb.jpg

That's it folks, I hope you enjoy the pics.

Back soon

mobbsie

mobbsie

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,

Wonderful job Mobbsie,

Great rigging and great rope coils !

When I'm at that stage when I started on the Aggy, I bring my Aggy to you  :D  :D  :D  :D

Another visit to England the next few years …….yippie!!!!! 

They started me to now on board of the ship  :)

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Mobbsie,

Looking real good! And intimidating.....I guess once my tugboat is finished I may have to manufacture something with a few weapons.......

Cheers,

Jim

Completed      Robert E Lee, Misisssippi riverboat               

Completed,  HMS Victory Bow Section

Completed,  Wells Fargo Stagecoach...Picasa album.... 

Completed,  Lackawanna tugboat converted to private yacht...

Completed:  Sopwith Camel, 1:16 Scale, Model Airways...at another location...

Completed:  1961 Ferrari F-1 Sharknose

Completed: (sorta)  OcCre BR-18 Locomotive

Completed: 1/35 Pz.KPfw.III

Completed: Allerton Steam Pumper circa 1869

Great stuff.  I love the Mobbsie 'patented' canon!

Have a great break.

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

moving right along Mobbsie......looking great!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Wow!! that's a lot of guns!!....... look'n nice and trim, great job Tony, like Augie, I too like your trademark on the guns.

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Hi Mobbsie:

I had to go back and check the date of your last update - June 28....6 days ago - and in that time, how many guns did you rig?!?! I hope you've been getting enough sleep! And going easy on your eyes! Should we be worried.....? Have a great holiday! The closest I'll get to a walking tour any time soon is in about 10 minutes or so when I'll walk out to buy some vegetables up the road....I'm jealous...

hamilton

previous builds: MS Phantom (scuttled, 2017); MS Sultana (1767); Corel Brittany Sloop (scuttled, 2022); MS Kate Cory; MS Armed Virginia Sloop (in need of a refit); Corel Flattie; Mamoli Gretel; Amati Bluenose (1921) (scuttled, 2023); AL San Francisco (destroyed by land krakens [i.e., cats]); Corel Toulonnaise (1823); 
MS Glad Tidings (1937) (in need of a refit)HMS Blandford (1719) from Corel HMS GreyhoundFair Rosamund (1832) from OcCre Dos Amigos (missing in action); Amati Hannah (ship in a bottle); Mamoli America (1851)Bluenose fishing schooner (1921) (scratch)

under the bench: Admiralty Echo cross-section; MS Emma C Barry; MS USS Constitution; MS Flying Fish; Corel Berlin; a wood supplier Colonial Schooner Hannah; Victory Models H.M.S. Fly; CAF Models HMS Granado; MS USS Confederacy

looks awesome . you can imagine all the crew running around getting them ready for another salvo :)

Current builds : HMS Bounty, Constructo Pilar

Next build : undecided

On the Shelf : AL San Juan, Mamoli HMS Victory

Builds on hold : Ochre Gorch Fock, Hachette/Amati Black Pearl

Previous Builds Gallery : Virginia; King of Mississippi

Previous Builds logs : AL King of Mississippi 1/80

Sweet looking gundeck with your special cannons.   Have a good trip and see  you when you get back.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Great work Mobbsie - your cannon with their "trademark" look superb. Enjoy your holiday.

Very Nice work your cannons, nice work !!

But i have a little but...the rigging to move the cannons is it not a litle to much line, although i imagine my self the deck in a fight all the gun crews working around the canons, so then i think the long lines must be getting a chaos,

Just how i see it, and perhaps i am, wrong just my thought, for the rest a very nice build !!!

Martin

Hi All,

Thank you for all your very kind comments and well wishes for our coming holiday. :cheers:

Hamilton, the guns didn't take that long to rig because I had previously made up the blocks and tackles for them, all I had to do after that was to attach the hooks to the eyebolts, apart from the Flemish coils, it made life so much easier than having to rig in situ.  ;)

Martin, there does seem to be a great amount of rope but when you consider the recoil of the guns and the space needed for them to be reloaded I suppose quite a lot was used, also the coils were the very devil to make and didn't come as I would have liked but I dislike making them and didn't want to remake them. :)

Frank & Sherry, there are a lot of guns and still more to come, I only have 64 so I can imagine what it must be like for the 100 + ships. All those carriages would drive me nuts. :piratetongueor4:

I still like the patented gun paint work although I know it's not historically correct and not good enough for the purists but I think it looks good. :10_1_10:

I have been working on the Head Rails today, it's been a bit disjointed with all the prep for the hols and lunch with my old work colleagues so not too much achieved, the coils are now all done thankfully, I really must find a decent method for making them. :huh:

See you all when I get back. B)

mobbsie

mobbsie

Hey Tony ,have a good Holiday!!!  ;)

frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

The mystery revealed! I'm still impressed, though!

hamilton

Hi Guys,

Back from my hols and raring to go, hope to have an update fairly soon. :(  :)

I'm currently working on the head rails,

mobbsie

Edited by mobbsie

mobbsie