HMS Agamemnon by mobbsie - FINISHED - Caldercraft / Jotika - 1/64

I think the eye roll is Anja knowing that, as soon as they got home, she has to start the laundry and begin preparing a 5 course dinner while Sjors opens the box to drool over his new plans.

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

so cool you had this week ender Mobbsie.........{I'm still jealous} :)    just shows though how friends are brought together....all because of this site :wub: .......oh crimney.........where's my hankie!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Crikey - sounds like y'all had a wicked good time, mate! 

Now, about that gooder English - I think I managed to get ye Olde English, some good ol' southern and some downeast along with some of that Hausteralian speak.

Really quite envious - and wondering if Chatham will ever be the same again?

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

I think the eye roll is Anja knowing that, as soon as they got home, she has to start the laundry and begin preparing a 5 course dinner while Sjors opens the box to drool over his new plans.

Wrong Augie…..

I have to make dinner…….

So just sandwiches  :D  :D  :D  :D

But you are right about the plans  :D  :D

It was to dark here and with artificial light you can not see it clearly, so today I can take a look…...

I have still one week at home.

They won't let me go at work !

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Andy, I tried your lingo with a stiff upper lip and an upwardly pointing chin, it actually made sense, so there's some olde English in there somewhere, if you try it you'll see what I mean. smileys-3d-750209.gif

Wayne, I dont know about Chatham being the same again, I know I'll never be the same. :o

John, I aint gonna bovver wiv ow ta talk proper cos I fink I speek awight. ^_^

Popeye, It's only this forum I believe makes these meeting's possible, I don't think it happens elsewhere, It would be great if meet's could be set up with each nations members, the logistics would be immense but it could be done, all we need is willing members. :dancetl6:

Augie, I think the expression tells me " if one more person points a bl--dy camera at me I'm going to scream" It was early in the morning. ;)

Mark,  You are allowed to move the top lip slightly, "bit like a Rhino eating". It does take a bit of practice. :D  :D

Sjors,  Only look at the plans. :piratetongueor4:

Have fun guys

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

I knew Sjors couldn't avoid the call of Aggie.  I picture him like our Abe Lincoln, studying his plans by candle light and waiting for the sunrise to count the ratlines :D  :D .

If he has another week off he had better start coming up with something better then sandwiches for dinner :P  :P

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

What a great union of 3 builders families from 3 areas of the world.

Reminds me of my music hobby. Concerts were always a great way to meet online friends and traders. It's always fun to meet in person the people that have similar love of a hobby and praticipate in a hobby related activity. Its so good to see you all get together and have a weekends fun for all.

63 cannons, LOL. If you would have been in the US, TSA would have probably strip searched you for that comment.

Perhaps Anja's eye roll is her thinking, Thanks for carrying home "MY" Aggy?

I see that Mobbsie found the smileys  :D  :D  :D  :D

@ Augie,

Tonight no sandwiches but Brussel sprouts……..how about that !

And no worries……the box is closed.

If you wait for a moment you will see  a new build log for the Aggy with pictures !

Edited by Sjors

Just Brussel Sprouts, nothing else, yummy yummy Anja will be pleased. At least until the after effects kick in.smileys-afraid-828250.gif

Enjoy

mobbsie

mobbsie

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,

I'm glad you cleared that up Mobbsie.........I was thinking that Andy was celebrating,  finally coming home ;)    when i was younger,  I used to imitate different accents I'd hear.  when i moved to Florida,  I adopted the Floridian accent.......every once in a while,  it comes out.   I think they are fasinating...I never get tired hearing a person talk.  I have to be careful though.......if I hear it long enough,  I begin to sound like they do.......kind of embarassing sometimes.

if I could do it........I'd be there in a heartbeat.......it would be a hoot to meet you :)   I still think back to the day I got to meet John  {Jim Ladd}......I treasure it :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

I know exactly what you mate, when I was in the army we had guys from all over the country, it was a real mix up of accents and dialects. After a very short period we each of us picked up different bits of each other and we ended up with almost our own language.

It is fascinating to think you speak one way for years on end then change in a relatively short time, Andy must have come across it from time to time as will most servicemen.

I think we do treasure these meetings because they don't happen every day, and it's that I think that makes them special. It's strange but I've met a few guys now John, Grant, Anja  and Sjors and all are either the other side of the world or across the North Sea, I have builders who live close by who for whatever reason wont meet up, shame really.

Hopefully one day given the right circumstances and some great traveling companions I may make it across the pond and we can have a gathering, bit like a gathering of the clan. That's for the future.

mobbsie

mobbsie

The Newfie accent is something to hear. The further you get around the bay (which actually means around the island) the thicker it gets. You have to have a good ear to understand what it is they're saying

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Very neat work on the sheaves and blocks, Mobbsie, I can see that Grant, Sjors and Anja had a great time there, Sjors seems particularly pleased with his newest ship :D

Best regards,

Aldo

Currently Building:
HMS Pegasus (Victory Models)-Mothballed to give priority to Triton

HMS Triton (first attempt at scratchbuilding)

Past build:
HM Brig Badger (Caldercraft), HM Brig Cruizer, HM Schooner Ballahoo

Hi Mobbsie,

I've been offline for most of the week as the place we were staying in Dorset had no Internet and no mobile phone coverage! I was going through a bad case of MSW withdrawal by the time we left. No shipmodelling, but did manage a visit to Portland Bill while we were there (on one of only two days in the week that the lighthouse is closed to visitors :( )

We're in Florence (Italy) now and I just received another dose of kultcha with a four-hour tour of the Ufizzi Gallery and Vasari Corridor. Time now to put the feet up for a while and catch up with all my MSW friends. :)

Thanks again for a great weekend at Chatham, Portsmouth and Chateau Mobbsie! :D

Hi Grant,

You may be getting a bellyful of " kulcher" mate but at least you've escaped the internet blackspot. Your back on MSW and on the way back to sanity, ( I say that with tongue in cheek ). :D

Enjoy Florence mate and keep a tight hold on your wallet in Venice.

I know that Anja and Sjors regard this pile of bricks as a second home which I love and I can only hope that you can regard us as a home from home in a far flung corner of the globe. There'll always be a welcome for you here my friend. :)  :)

mobbsie

mobbsie

Hi Guys,

Here's my new update just to show I haven't been sitting on my laurels ( painfull ).

I have fitted a new worktop to my space and removed one of the shelves, this is to allow for an ever growing Aggy, 6ft x 2ft 6ins, with scope for some shelving underneath should the mood take me.

As far as the Aggy is concerned all the gun port lids are now fitted with accompanying ropes, one problem, looking at the channels there is a fowl up, the ropes lay across where the channels will be fitted, this only occurs on the first two lids, it means that I am going to have to fill in some holes when the ropes are removed,  not a major problem but annoying all the same.

The figure head is now fitted and I have made 3 shackles on the bow for the Bobstays. I have also added some extra chains to the rudder chain.

I am currently working on the channels and have 3 sizes of deadeyes 3.5mm, 5mm and 7mm, my only problem there is that my 5mm deadeyes are triangular, they should be round, a quick call to Caldercraft and I should have some winging their way to me as I write this, they also want the others back so no spares there then.

She also has another 26 teeth, all the dummy guns are now fitted to main deck.

I do have a few pics.

Figurehead fitted with shackles below.

post-493-0-55202600-1379630913_thumb.jpg

Gun port lids on the Port side

post-493-0-51658800-1379631014_thumb.jpg

All guns fitted

post-493-0-13486100-1379631096_thumb.jpg

Extra chains fitted to the rudder chain

post-493-0-19717200-1379631242_thumb.jpg

General overview from the port quarter

post-493-0-73556200-1379631384_thumb.jpg

Next step is to build and fit the channels and then it's on to the ships boats.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie

Certainly moving right along.....and nicely!  It's great to see an Aggy log......with an Aggy :D

Congrats on the new work space!

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

You're really flying Mobbsie, barely a few months into the build and you're nearly finished arming and fitting Aggy, excellent job as always my friend, the lids and ropes, figurehead, and rudder details are very cleanly done  B)

PS: thanks very much again for the info on making the quarter galleries my friend, I really appreciate it :)

Best regards,

Aldo

Currently Building:
HMS Pegasus (Victory Models)-Mothballed to give priority to Triton

HMS Triton (first attempt at scratchbuilding)

Past build:
HM Brig Badger (Caldercraft), HM Brig Cruizer, HM Schooner Ballahoo

Nice work Mobbsie, nice to see a real Aggie for a change :D  :D

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

some really nice progress Mobbsie........the figure head looks great ;)   kind of odd that they want the other dead eyes back.......it would be one thing if the kit was bought directly through them........did you buy it from a hobby store?   noticed that there are no gunport lids along the mid upper row.......I saw the plans on the wall......I can see why ;)   superb job,  my friend!  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Nice forward progress, and in the quality we all have come to expect.

Is the double rudder chain your addition or is it from the kit plans? I noticed you say "extra". Either way I like it. I have never seen chains draped like that before. I've seen draped in loops (like a W). where your design appears that it would be stronger being shaped like a Y.

Egg's'n'bacon, What a monster. Is the 6' the length, I imagine, if so what's her height going to be? Are you planning on building an Egg's'nbacon wing onto the house for display? So how many boats does she have?

Gosh I'm starting to sound like a kid asking too many questions, so I'll save some for later. Nice work :dancetl6:

Hi Mobbsie,

Great progress !

It looks great !

I hope for you that you are receiving your deadeyes today…..

I'm glad that you not seeing it when my Aggie was at your house  :P

Otherwise I have triangular deadeyes and you don't ……. :D  :D  :D  :D

I think I wait with the build till you are finished.

Then i have a great example how to do it !