HMS Agamemnon by mobbsie - FINISHED - Caldercraft / Jotika - 1/64

Mobbsie,

You're flying and Aggy looks great.  Keep up the good work.  Nice job on fixing the chains.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Looks great Mobbsie - the pinnace looks like a fun project - I build a small ship's boat this summer for the Blandford - the technique is slightly different than the CC one - and to be honest the CC kit looks like a more secure construction method than the Model Shipways one I made. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out

hamilton

current builds: Corel HMS Bellona (1780)

previous builds: MS Phantom (scuttled, 2017); MS Sultana (1767); Corel Brittany Sloop (scuttled, 2022); MS Kate Cory; MS Armed Virginia Sloop (in need of a refit); Corel Flattie; Mamoli Gretel; Amati Bluenose (1921) (scuttled, 2023); AL San Francisco (destroyed by land krakens [i.e., cats]); Corel Toulonnaise (1823); 
MS Glad Tidings (1937) (in need of a refit)HMS Blandford (1719) from Corel HMS GreyhoundFair Rosamund (1832) from OcCre Dos Amigos (missing in action); Amati Hannah (ship in a bottle); Mamoli America (1851)Bluenose fishing schooner (1921) (scratch)

under the bench: Admiralty Echo cross-section; MS Emma C Barry; MS USS Constitution; MS Flying Fish; Corel Berlin; a wood supplier Colonial Schooner Hannah; Victory Models H.M.S. Fly; CAF Models HMS Granado; MS USS Confederacy

WOW..... Lt. Commander.  CONGRATS!

But I think there's a move afoot to change that to Windbag JG

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Congrats Mobbsie !........... too bad you don't get a raise !!!!! :D  :D  :D 

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Mobbsie, just found your build and read the entire log over a couple days.  Very, very nice!  I'm glad I got here just as you're ready to rig her cause I love to watch you guys that know what you're doing rig a ship.  I will be following along!

Wes Cook

Current Build: USF Constitution (Model Shipways)

USF Essex (Scratch build)

MS Syren (build log lost, need to rebuild)

Future Builds: MS Confederacy

congrats on the promotion Mobbsie .

post count rising must be the influence of some other that we shall not name :|

Current builds : HMS Bounty, Constructo Pilar

Next build : undecided

On the Shelf : AL San Juan, Mamoli HMS Victory

Builds on hold : Ochre Gorch Fock, Hachette/Amati Black Pearl

Previous Builds Gallery : Virginia; King of Mississippi

Previous Builds logs : AL King of Mississippi 1/80

Congratulations on your promotion LCDR Mobbsie! You are in serious danger of joining the Windbags table very soon!!! :D

that's what they said to me about joining the commodore's table.   now Sjors up and left.........Augie's hard at it with his confed.....and I'm sitting here with a blasted cold  {I still have one more day of work to go through}.   congrats on the promotion......you'll come to find that rank really doesn't matter all that much.........what matters is the person behind it.   if there a proper rank to give you,  it would be  'friend'......that,  I believe,  covers every rank in the MSW listing :)

I think i said it earlier.......nice work on you Aggie.......more pictures please...I'm getting withdrawls already  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Great work Mobbsie good way of setting up the chains look forward to the pinnace updates.

Ray

Current build A set of HMS Diana`s boats @ 1/48

HMS Royal Marine a Military class Trawler

Completed  HMS Diana

Completed build The Lady Nelson

Completed Build HMS Pegasus

Mobbsie, the chains look great and you have a great little kit there with you pinnacle. Congrats on your promotion.

Thanks,

Patrick

YouTube Channel for fun: Patrick's Scale Studio

Finished: Model Shipways US Brig Niagara

Current: I Love Kit USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

Hi Guys,

I feel I owe you all an apology for not replying sooner, it really is unforgivable that I've waited this long. :(  :(

I would like to thank you all for your very kind words and congrats on my promotion, although the latter is for fun only. :)  :)

Popeye,

I love your words and feel very much the same, friendship is the highest rank anybody can aspire to and I feel honoured to be called your friend. I hope your cold is behaving itself and that you've at last seen the end of it. :)  :)

Grant,

I think I've a long way to go before I reach the great rank of honourable windbag, I'll leave that one to those who deserve it, (you know who you are).

I'm still waiting on the information from Bucklers Hard, their being very helpful but it's going to take some time, I gave them a list as long as my arm. ;)

Wes,

Your more than welcome mate, rigging is a while off  as yet though, I have the ships boats to build, 9 sections of mast to build not including the bowsprit and the fighting tops. At my present build rate it's going to be a couple of months. Some may say that's quick but others will testify that for me it's a snails pace. :mellow:  :mellow:

Ray, Patrick, Frank, Adriaan, Mark, Hamilton, Wayne, Aldo and certainly not forgetting Andy.

Thanks guys, the chains didn't go exactly to plan but what does with this hobby, I love the little problems that crop up, keeps the grey matter from turning to concrete, they were fun to do and they really do lock the channels up real tight, nice to know the system works. :)  :)

Sjors,

You may call me what you like my friend, but do not call me late for dinner. :D  :D :D  :D  

Augie,

You're not wrong my friend, Windbag JG is the highest rank we have, thank goodness there's only one at the moment, but I fear that will change in the not too distant future. :unsure:

Anja,

Thank you for your very kind words, they are very much appreciated. ;)

I will have some pics very soon of a completed Pinnace, maybe later today but certainly tomorrow.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Congrats Lieutenant Commander Mobbsie, this calls for some champagne! :champagne-popping-smiley-emotic

Best regards,

Aldo

Currently Building:
HMS Pegasus (Victory Models)-Mothballed to give priority to Triton

HMS Triton (first attempt at scratchbuilding)

Past build:
HM Brig Badger (Caldercraft), HM Brig Cruizer, HM Schooner Ballahoo

Hi Guys,

Aldo and Randy,

Thanks guys, it's appreciated.

As promised here are the pics of the Pinnace, the main construction and paint job are completed, whats left to do is the Rope Coils ( Grant ), bucket and when I can figure out the correct length, the oars.

Also first planking is done on the 24ft Cutter, pictures show dry fit of the frames, clamped while glue dries and the false keel being molded.

False Keel fitted

post-493-0-43944600-1380987585_thumb.jpg

Internal ribs fitted and painted red ochre

post-493-0-12546500-1380987648_thumb.jpg

post-493-0-98685800-1380987696_thumb.jpg

Rubbing strips added

post-493-0-36146800-1380987728_thumb.jpg

Deck planking complete

post-493-0-60487300-1380987806_thumb.jpg

Ready for painting the rubbing strips

post-493-0-17961200-1380987880_thumb.jpg

Paint job complete

post-493-0-02576100-1380987910_thumb.jpg

post-493-0-01645100-1380987972_thumb.jpg

Cutter dry fitted

post-493-0-43305100-1380988029_thumb.jpg

Glued and clamped up

post-493-0-76865900-1380988053_thumb.jpg

False keel being molded to shape

post-493-0-02597300-1380988078_thumb.jpg

So there we are right up to date, second planking real soon.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,

inteeresting how you made the pinnicle........those parts of the ribbing were removed  {am I correct?}    are you going to do the same to the cutter?    very nice  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Thanks Popeye,

Yes the ribs are removed after the 2nd planking, the 24ft cutter, 18ft cutter and the 26ft launch will all be treated the same.

The 18ft cutter is only 9cm long so that's going to be a lot of fun. :(  :(  :(

Thanks for asking mate. :)  :)

mobbsie

mobbsie

Very nice, Mobbsie.  I used a similar red on the inside of my Syren's ship's boat.  I like the effect.

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Great job Mobbsie.

I know you just love planking….

So, next time you where here, I have also 4 of those  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

You can be proud of the little ones !

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Your boats look great Mobbsie! (And so much quicker to construct than my little ones ;) )

very nice work on this little boats. might use the technique for the one on my endeavour instead of using the metal one supplied

Current builds : HMS Bounty, Constructo Pilar

Next build : undecided

On the Shelf : AL San Juan, Mamoli HMS Victory

Builds on hold : Ochre Gorch Fock, Hachette/Amati Black Pearl

Previous Builds Gallery : Virginia; King of Mississippi

Previous Builds logs : AL King of Mississippi 1/80

Mobbsie, those are great little ship's boats. As always, your work is very clean and looks great.

Thanks,

Patrick

YouTube Channel for fun: Patrick's Scale Studio

Finished: Model Shipways US Brig Niagara

Current: I Love Kit USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

Maybe you can give Texx a hand.  He needs 7 whaleboats for his Morgan.  And we thought ratlines were tough :D  :D

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Hello Mobbsie,

Very very nice your boats.

About the oars, it was difficult to have a accurate information.

Finally, I found in the Anatomy of the ship Pandora some indications.

Length of the oars: 20' for the largest boats and 17' for the smallest.

I join a picture of what I did. For the pinnace the 20' (95mm) seems right to me.

Pierre

post-1601-0-54046800-1381076128_thumb.jpg

Fun little projects Mobbsie - and very well handled!

hamilton

current builds: Corel HMS Bellona (1780)

previous builds: MS Phantom (scuttled, 2017); MS Sultana (1767); Corel Brittany Sloop (scuttled, 2022); MS Kate Cory; MS Armed Virginia Sloop (in need of a refit); Corel Flattie; Mamoli Gretel; Amati Bluenose (1921) (scuttled, 2023); AL San Francisco (destroyed by land krakens [i.e., cats]); Corel Toulonnaise (1823); 
MS Glad Tidings (1937) (in need of a refit)HMS Blandford (1719) from Corel HMS GreyhoundFair Rosamund (1832) from OcCre Dos Amigos (missing in action); Amati Hannah (ship in a bottle); Mamoli America (1851)Bluenose fishing schooner (1921) (scratch)

under the bench: Admiralty Echo cross-section; MS Emma C Barry; MS USS Constitution; MS Flying Fish; Corel Berlin; a wood supplier Colonial Schooner Hannah; Victory Models H.M.S. Fly; CAF Models HMS Granado; MS USS Confederacy