Name the Ship Game

RMS Olympic

Give it time, sir.... give it time.. :)

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Jan you have the time period right, she sailed under two different flags during her working life, primarily North Sea and Baltic trade. The picture was taken when she sailed under the first flag in the 1920's. 

Europe back on line.. ^_^

Was just thinking that she looks a lot like the first vessels with Irish Shipping, for instance the Irish Pine.. but the Wheelhouse is slightly different, so I suspect her pedigree is very similar ! the first Irish Shipping vessels were all 'previously owned'.. :rolleyes:

Stay Well

Eamonn

Current Build   :  HM Schooner Ballahoo

In the Pipeline :  HM Cutter Sherbourne, HM Mortar Convulsion, Emma C Berry & C18th English Longboat.. Eventually That Is..🙄

Welcome back, Europe. Aemonn, she was built in 1907 by Ropner and Sons Ltd. and and first sailed in British shipping. I have to say that if I had to identify this one I would be hard put. There seem to be so many ships built during that time period that looked very much like her. I think she had a basically unremarkable career except for the ending. :pirate41:  This ship also has personal meaning. Edit: The cannon emoticon may be a little misleading. Her demise was from hostilities, but not from cannon fire. 

Edited by Werik

are both stacks side by side?

Thanks

Ted

Calm Seas and Fair Winds

On the ways:   HMS Bounty - Artesania Latina

Launched:       Scottish Maid - Artesania Latina

On the Shelf:   Minature lifeboat - Model Shipways

Bounty Launch - Model Shipways

Emma C.Berry - Model Shipways

Is it Freyr?

Cheers

Slog

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HM Bark Endeavour (First Wood, On Hold)

Borodino (1:200 Card, Current Build)

Admiral Nakhimov (card 1/200)

Mazur D-350 Artillery Tractor (1:25 Card) 

F-8 Crusader (1:48 Aircraft, Plastic)

I'm going to give this one to Werik:

Actually it is HrMs Heimdall, one of the steam powered gun boats of the Dutch navy.

She looks a bit like an accomaodatioship, as she was refitted as mine-sweeping vessel.

(were the gun used to be, a kind of 'shed-like' accomodation was erected.)

With gun they looked like this:

6052101016113736g.jpg

Jan

Well then, here's something a little different. However... having observed the way these mystery ships are quickly dispatched, it wont take any time for you all to "dig" this one up I'm sure. Heh, heh..

post-8353-0-71972300-1404354450_thumb.jpg

Hi Jan,

Why don't you just post the name?

Thanks to your clue I found it right away but the honor is yours

Cheers

Slog

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think that would be the Netherlands Coast Guard Emergency Towing Vessel;

ETV Waker

Damaged by fire and scrapped

Cheers

Slog

Edited by Captain Slog

It's not surprising that the wreck was deeply covered, and that the river has shifted about a half mile from it's old location. The Missouri and Mississippi rivers have always twisted and turned. That's why river pilots then and now have to have an intimate knowledge of the rivers. They're constantly changing. The rivers also carried vast amounts of American prairie top soil with them that got deposited with spring flooding. These areas became prime farmland, if flood prone. Unfortunately, attempts to control flooding, and to make the rivers more navigable, have resulted in carrying much of this rich soil into the Gulf of Mexico instead of being deposited where it could be utilized as farmland. My two cents worth.