Name the Ship Game

RMS Olympic

Reckon you have it, slagoon. I found the exact picture with a simple Google search on that name.

Edited by CaptainSteve

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

slagoon,congrats on naming the ship

indeed she is SS Egypt. have been requisitioned by goverment as hospital ship. she sunk after the collision with french steamer Seine with more than £1000000 pounds worth silver, gold and sovereigns. thats when she become the target for the recovery operation. one of the biggest of that time.

more info in here: http://www.deepimage.co.uk/wrecks/egypt/egypt_mainpages/egypt_history.htm

Slagoon, your turn in the game. please find something harder than me..  ;)

Pavol stands for Paul, Pablo, Paolo etc. Please do not try to pronounce it, just call me Pav...

Just woke up to find that I'm a winner :-D Well I don't know if it will be easy or hard. I did remove the name ON the ship in 3 spots...hopefully the photoshop job isn't too bad but I thought she was a rather neat ship.  I will give hints in 12 hours if no correct answers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Sarah

Current Build:

Krabbenkutter CUX-87

Harriet Lane

Fishcutter GO-38

In the Wings:

Corel Victory Cross section

Completed Build:

USS Missouri minimissouri.jpgHMS Bounty's Jolly Boat thumbnail.jpg Peterboro Canoe tiny.jpg

Ding Ding Ding, you, sir are correct Mr. St. George :)http://www.nautilusminerals.com/s/2008Programs.asp The Nor Sky is a mineral exploration and research vessel. She's not especially famous, but she is really neat looking :) Congrats.

Nor_Sky_2.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Sarah

Current Build:

Krabbenkutter CUX-87

Harriet Lane

Fishcutter GO-38

In the Wings:

Completed Build:

USS Missouri minimissouri.jpgHMS Bounty's Jolly Boat thumbnail.jpg Peterboro Canoe tiny.jpg

Paul Gauguin?  Maybe?

Great now what am I going to post hmmmm.....  We need something with sails but not to obvious.  Here we go.  

royal-clipper-08.jpg

Daniel you need to rename the file next time.... the name is in it (which I realized after I found the ship!)

-Sarah

Current Build:

Krabbenkutter CUX-87

Harriet Lane

Fishcutter GO-38

In the Wings:

Completed Build:

oops your right.  I made it quick and posted the URL.  All well it's any ones game at this point.  

There's a lot of interesting similarities but no it's not nearly that old.   Wish I would have thought of that one though it would have been more fun.  

Edited by DSiemens

Daniel, just post a new one :) The other person who made a mistake got another try...go for it.

-Sarah

Current Build:

Krabbenkutter CUX-87

Harriet Lane

Fishcutter GO-38

In the Wings:

Completed Build:

Ok let me see.  You know I thought of this one since it has such a cool story so since I didn't do it before I'll do it now.  

post-307-0-62061800-1363156324.jpg

Is it "Ella's Pink Lady" sailed by a miss Jessica Watson sailed and hit the Silver Yang?

-Sarah

Current Build:

Krabbenkutter CUX-87

Harriet Lane

Fishcutter GO-38

In the Wings:

Completed Build:

I was thinking Jessica Watson who sailed around the world at age 16 but yes.  You are way to good at this.  

no...really I'm not .... but here is a new photo...again with sails :) hmmm upload failed.....odd dunno what is going on with my account but I can't upload ...and it isn't keeping my smug mug photo....sarahtrivia2-XL.jpg

Edited by slagoon

-Sarah

Current Build:

Krabbenkutter CUX-87

Harriet Lane

Fishcutter GO-38

In the Wings:

Completed Build:

Jan you are correct...IMG_4866.JPG

Your turn

-Sarah

Current Build:

Krabbenkutter CUX-87

Harriet Lane

Fishcutter GO-38

In the Wings:

Completed Build:

Yep, you've seen her before.

Thereofre, I should not accept Noordzee as an answer ;)

However, as Rode zee (which is the one in the picture) and Noordzee are completely identical (although guys who actually have sailed on her tell that there are differences between the sisters), feel free to present us a great laker ;)

Jan

is it maybe the steamer CAPTAIN THOMAS WILSON ?

launched in august 1900.

if not, it is its brother... ^_^

Done:          Venetian Polacre http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/7290-venetian-polacre-by-cristiano-sec-xviii-from-original-drawings/

Halifax  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/844-halifax/

Ranger  https://modelshipworld.com/gallery/album/2175-ranger-revenue-cutter-by-corel/   

HM Bark Endeavour (Corel kit heavily kitbashed) : http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/125-hmbark-endeavour-corel-kit-bashed/                                              

Venetian Galleon (from scratch) - Pirate Junk - Sicilian Speronara (from scratch)

On the shelf (still packed):     Artesania Le Hussard....