Lady Anne by kruginmi - FINISHED - 1:50 - kitbash of Artesania Latina Harvey

I need to up my game as I go forward. Currently Going through entire Ashley book of knots to ID potentially useful knots that I can use at scale.   Then will make a cheat sheet for use. 

First question is how best to attach blocks to bolts affixed in deck (limited access) for last remaining backstay.  Pondering snipping small gap at base to allow slipping on stropped block constructed off ship. 
Markimage.thumb.jpg.a036c6f4107cba56977bf8c47189a70e.jpg

Worked on first of two main mast stays (both port and starboard) - pretty happy with the result.  After I get the port one fashioned up will probably need to start on the ratlines.  Not too many.

1803448673_MainStay(2).JPG.0144089d3739b5e4930273bd8aa6f390.JPG1501528111_MainStay(3).JPG.ec7560d964816aec2ec71ee527e39530.JPG1465732073_MainStay(4).JPG.e54786aaabe4e741c76bfcf053c8263e.JPG

Had to find (make) my 'Put'r There 3000' for actually rigging - especially to tie them up at the cleats.  With the meat hooks I have for fingers only way to go.  My essential tools in addition to this for rigging are two fly typing clamps (need more), hemostats and my vise for holding the clamps when possibly.  Could also throw in my magnifying glass(s).  Peepers just aren't the same as before.

901997756_RigPutRThere3000(1).JPG.80e9152f501de0a1608713f84b632766.JPG2042473855_RigPutRThere3000(2).JPG.e9043e7d0499bcf296321766f89d2ffc.JPG

I am approaching this rigging as have some fun while doing stuff.  So.....while I do look at suggested rigging thicknesses I also look at my supply and choose what I think would work.  Having the blocks on hand showed the ones I chose that had to go through the blocks had to fit.  Color selections are entirely on me (very liberating).  I did decide early on that I was going to settle on two sizes of blocks from Syren for ease (and cost).  My calculations over the whole ship showed 186  blocks required (single, double, triple - both sizes).  The 1/8" were the smallest I wanted so therefore that and 3/16's were the answer.

Having fun so will keep at it,  -Mark

• 1 year later...

So, after a bit of a hiatus from this site and a return to document my Jylland efforts, I realize I never posted the final pics of the Lady Anne.  To recap I configured the deck (Krug design) to handle the Pride of Baltimore II rigging and true to form that is how I outfitted her.  She turned out pretty nice and met my expectations.

Still haven't made a display case but I keep her close by my work at home desk to give me happy thoughts when I need them. 

Stay Building My Friends, Mark

Lady Anne (15).JPG

Lady Anne (16).JPG

Lady Anne (18).JPG

Lady Anne (19).JPG

Lady Anne (20).JPG

Lady Anne (21).JPG

Lady Anne (22).JPG

Lady Anne (23).JPG

Lady Anne (24).JPG

Lady Anne (25).JPG

Lady Anne (26).JPG

Lady Anne (27).JPG

So nice to see you back on the forum Mark - I hope we will be seeing more of you soon.

• 3 months later...

Absolutely stunning! I have many times referred back to this build log while working on my Harvey kit. I've made some progress during COVID, but alas, I have not worked on mine for about a year. I really need some time to finish her up. So close. But I fear it will not come close to rivaling your skill and craftsmanship on display with this beautiful ship. Very well done sir! Thank you for posting the final pictures.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

Current Build: The Harvey

Completed builds: HMS Bounty's Jolly Boat

Hey, I really appreciate the note.  I am a prime example that there is no time limit on working on ships.  Take yours out, clean her up and think about doing one thing a week.  It adds up.  The rigging targets for me were one line a day, at least 5 days a week. 

I still have her in front of me on my work at home setup, still uncased.  Enjoy the hobby and draw outside the lines!

Mark