HMS Cumberland 1774 by AlexBaranov - FINISHED - 1:36

A wonderful built model Alex,

your slide Show is a pleasure to watch...

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

The Cumberland was built in 2 years and 5 months!  Wow!  You must have been working some REALLY LONG days to make something that impressive in that amount of time.  I guess you're one of those people who doesn't need much sleep.  Alex, that's one awesome looking model, and the videos are quite nice also.

Edited by wyzwyk

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Stunning work Alex, the video of the Cumberland was impressive regarding the detail that you have accomplished.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

• 3 months later...

http://www.shipmodels.com.ua/catalog/Accessories

The details presented on my website are made by the method of vacuum-casting of brass and bronze using wax-cast wax models. I used this method to manufacture all metal parts for the HMS Cumberland ship model and the imperial yacht Queen Victoria and for many of my ship models (photos are in the posts above). I accept orders for the manufacture of parts for any ship on any scale according to your drawings, sketches or photographs. I use 3D modeling to get the first wax model that is processed on a CNC machine. After receiving the first wax model, the jeweler makes the casting of this model in the metal. After that, I make silicone matrices for this metal model. With the help of matrices, I propagate any injection wax products. According to the mass models, the caster casts mass products.

Edited by AlexBaranov

Thanks for the info, Alex. I didn't see a price for the drawings/plans for the Imperial Yacht Queen Victoria. Have I missed something?

Tony

Hi Tony !
Indeed, the site has no prices yet. I will eliminate this flaw in the future. In the meantime, I tell the price in personal correspondence to anyone interested. The price of the set of drawings of the imperial yacht Queen Victoria is 50 euros.
In addition to the drawings, I have the matrix of some important metal parts and can help to produce. The appearance of the finished yacht can be viewed in the section "Ship Models"

Thanks, Alex. I'll get back to you on this as I'm still debating my next build.

Tony