Mandatory - for sellers new to MSW (model builders or commercial retailers)

There are two types of sellers....

1. Model Builders who just have some second hand tools, kits, etc and wish to sell them to other hobbyists.   You must be a member in good standing at MSW to post stuff for sale if you are in this category.....You must have 25 or posts on MSW as a member in good standing to post stuff for sale.

2. Commercial business....online stores  No advertising/self promotion is allowed on the forum.   If your business is interested in posting about your products or services, please contact admin (Chuck) about becoming a sponsor of this site.  As a sponsor you will be able to promote your products and services here in the the traders and dealers area as well as have a banner linked to your website along the right side of the forums main page.  Unless you are a sponsor of this site, All commercial business promotion is forbidden without permission from the administrators.

Those in category one......Please read.......If you wish to sell something here on MSW, please read and follow the rules given. We're not, by nature, a suspicious bunch. But over the years here and in other forums, people with something to sell have come in and offered various and sundry items. Not all have been honest. So please, follow these guidelines so that everyone has a pleasant experience.  You must have been a member that has 25 posts before you can post a topic in this forum.   

1) Post some pictures of the item.

2) Offer to give your phone number via PM.

3) Offer Paypal or some other secure transaction method.

4) Provide a price (given the different currencies, put the price in your currency).

5) Be sure to post your real name, location by city and country.

6) Do not post personal data such as addresses, emails, etc.  You will probably get spammed, etc. as this forum can be read by anyone including miscreants. 

Lastly, expect questions and do answer them.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks Mark. Nice to see some guidelines being put in place, but always remember buyer beware of ANYTHiNG on the Internet, use PayPal or some other type of protected purchase system.

Just my 2 cents.

Ben

Inversely, it's also a great notice for buyers....  a sort of checklist on what to look for.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 4 months later...

Another thing that might be added to the above is something like

-- first posted I'll take it in the thread --  helps to stop some problems early on. I've seen some folks get real mad as to who really bought it because of an email or pm -- again posting on the thread I'll take it --  Good Thing.

-- Returns  --- Yes or No

Something for the site and reference -- leave the item that was sold and the price that it was sold for listed in the thread. A lot of items don't sell very often and having an type of price guide line is better than nothing.

My additional thoughts - ok, ideas from other sites I'm on.

Later Tim

Current Build -- Finishing a 1:1 House that I've been building for a while

Current Build -- Triton Cross Section

Tim,

I agree with you except for the "first posted part".  Some sellers get hit heavy with PM's and keeping certain things private (like email addys) is a good idea.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Keeping details private is fine, Good Even. In a few sales listings that I've done (other sties) I've stated "first I'll take it" is the winner. I've then stated that if you pm or email me that when I get see that email/pm I'll check in the thread and if not one has already posted an "I'll take it" then I'll post one (without name) and that will end the sale. On another site right now there are two long standings members upset and making postings how it was their purchase and who was the winner of the deal.

Good Luck to everyone in dealings like this.

Later Tim

Current Build -- Finishing a 1:1 House that I've been building for a while

Current Build -- Triton Cross Section

Thus, if it's via PM there's no hurt feelings, etc. since the seller just has to say "sold".  

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

• 1 year later...

ok thanks

I just hope  the pictures of the  kits I have for sale will fit or work on the site

this new computer  has windows 10 and it's hard to up load any picture I do

have My IPhone

Ronald

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...