Biloxi oyster skiff by russ - 1/24 scale - Finished

• 5 months later...

Sir,

I am a recently retired shipyard worker and want to get into building some locally relevant ship models like the oyster skill, lugger, and most of all like the Biloxi Schooner. I can't seem to find any ship plans that I can scale down to use. Any ideas?

thanks for your time,

Doug

Dave:

Thanks. This is a really enjoyable, simple, short term build. This is a weekend project if you want. You can take as much or as little time with it as you please.

Russ

• 2 years later...

I have replaced the photos in this log that were lost recently due to Photobucket's changed policies.

Russ

Hello Russ, wonderful build. It is a good example how interesting a little tiny vessel can be for modellers. Bravo.

Daniel

Cheers,

Daniel

In dockyard: HM Colonial Schooner for Port Jackson (scratch), HM Armed Vessel Bounty, HM Cutter Sherbourne

Next builds: HMS Victor 1797 & Gannet 1814 Cruiser class sloops, ship and brig rigged (scratch)

Daniel:

Very true. These little boats can be built with just a few tools and some store bought basswood. Using spare time, they can be built in a week or two.

Russ