Wintergreen

So Where Do You Do Yours Then (Model making That Is)

Where do you do yours then?  

517 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you do yours then?

• On the kitchen table.
    • On the living room table.
    • Other living area facility.
    • In the basement.
    • In the attic.
    • In the garage.
    • In a workshop.
    • In the patio (yes, I've seen it before).
    • Other...

On 8/11/2017 at 8:59 AM, Elijah said:

Oops, wrong appliance! Actually, the thing doesn't even work at all. In the winter time, my room is generally the coldest in the house. The house was built in 1888, and I can't be certain, but it might be as old as the house. 

We had one of those radiators, very large ones, in my elementary school classrooms. They would get very hot when they were turned on and there was no temperature control. They were either "off" or "on". Nothing in between. Like someone else said, they would loudly "knock" from time to time.

Canute, Elijah, EJ_L and 1 other like this

The ship on the workbench is the Revell Flying Cloud.  The Sea Witch checks out to be 1/96th scale, same as the Revell Cutty Sark.  It's only issue is that the hull has no surface detail at all, not even a line marking the waterline.  The detail on the deck isn't much better as well as the deck furniture.  An amply ambitious modeler could conceivably plank the hull and the deck, as well as dress up the deck houses. It's a nice model but the omission of any attempt to simulate a wood surface reduces it's appeal.  It makes you appreciate the effort put in by the craftsmen at Revell on their big ships.

Omega1234, EJ_L, Canute and 1 other like this