San Marcos by mathewp - Occre - Scale 1:50

• 2 years later...

Lets see how this new photo program works. I'm hoping it does what I tell it to. All the rigging is up except for the fore and main braces. It's just easier to be able to move the sails out of the way while I give her a good clean and adjust what needs it. I've added the sails and small cannons. I need to have a bit of a whinge about the rigging plans. They were not to my liking. Some belays had more than one line going to them. Some were as mysterious as the Loch Ness monster. I just couldn't find any evidence of them. For some I just improvised and tried to give some symmetry to the rigging. I feel like i've deciphered the enigma code with this one. Enough venting, but she looks okay and i'll leave them as they are. There's not much left to do, only lantern and rope coils and a final clean and tidy up. 

IMG_1979.JPG

IMG_1980.JPG

IMG_1982.JPG

IMG_1983.JPG

IMG_1984.JPG

IMG_1990.JPG

IMG_1991.JPG

IMG_1994.JPG

IMG_1991.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

I've managed to finish up this project. Lots of little fiddly bits like rope coils and flags and the last of the rigging. The reef points needed taming as they were all over the place, but a little bit of wood glue tidied them up. I had a go at making a lantern because the supplied on was too difficult to paint nicely and was only a cast metal one. I started off cutting the ornamental top and bottom from the cast lantern, and then making two hexagon shapes to frame the new one. It turned out OK I think. At least it's better than the original. That's it for this build. Thanks for watching.

Matt.

IMG_2061.JPG

IMG_2060.JPG

IMG_2058.JPG

IMG_2056.JPG

IMG_2049.JPG

IMG_2047.JPG

IMG_2086.JPG

IMG_2085.JPG

IMG_2083.JPG

IMG_2082.JPG

IMG_2081.JPG