Bismarck by Kevin - FINISHED - Trumpeter - 1/200 - PLASTIC

Wow Kevin, she looks magnificent. So glad you stuck with her and finishing that beautiful build.

Please keep at it my friend.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

WOW!  super looking ship....love the weathering :)     I'm glad you kept at it too........

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Lots achieved today, she even has props fitted, but apart from small weapons to be painted and fitted,and some radar sets I will now concentrate on weathering her for the next day or so and then finish her off with the rigging, have enjoyed this build, and have other projects lined up like the 1/200 USS Hornet and 1/200 Sovremenny, but it looks like i am now back in the mood to push on with the Victory 

IMG_0854.JPG

IMG_0855.JPG

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_0862.JPG

IMG_0863.JPG

IMG_0864.JPG

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

• 4 weeks later...

Good evening every one, I have put quite a lot of time into this build and hope to have her finished within days now, (subject to change) Im quite pleased the way she is turning out, hope everyone is having a great Sunday

IMG_0961.JPG

IMG_0962.JPG

IMG_0964.JPG

IMG_0965.JPG

IMG_0966.JPG

IMG_0967.JPG

IMG_0969.JPG

IMG_0970.JPG

IMG_0960.JPG

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

amazing!  superbly done Kevin! :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Good evening everyone, LOL i dont post for months then here I am two days running

Rigging one of these is for me a bit hit and miss, I don't have enough research books to see where all the lines are secured to, I f i get another day on her tomorrow, i should have have most of it done, it is an elasticated line in to thicknesses EZ line i think its called

dont show so well with this backdrop, on top of the rubbish bin

IMG_0996.thumb.JPG.b681356ebcc13bd0cea2e6803b1a6796.JPG

IMG_0998.thumb.JPG.d736860c185f67a86585eca69e428fb2.JPG

IMG_0997.thumb.JPG.a90c2e80325d27f0eacc56dcfdb48f64.JPG

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Nice going Kevin, very impressive build.

Cheers,

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

VOC Ship Surabaya

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Good evening everyone

Here is something you don't hear often form me

The Bismarck is finished 

IMG_1096.JPG

IMG_1101.JPG

IMG_1102.JPG

IMG_1103.JPG

IMG_1104.JPG

IMG_1105.JPG

IMG_1106.JPG

IMG_1107.JPG

IMG_1108.JPG

IMG_1109.JPG

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Good evening CDW 

I have the Victory on a long term hold, whilst I decide what to do with her, the 1/72 SD14 cargo  carrier in card another 1/200 Trumpeter which i will be doing next the Russian Destroyer Sovremenny which I dont have a build log for, This has been my teach myself how to use a air brush build, BUT i have a new build on order, it is a 1/72 County Class Destroyer Hull from Fleetscale, I will scratch build the Superstructure and purchase the fittings kit to go with it this is a vessel i served on during 1978-1980 HMS Fife 

•  

187 kb · Done

download.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Well done and congratulations! I just had a look in the gallery, What an impressive build. Looks realy good with the weathering. 

Regards, Scott

Current build: 1:75 Friesland, Mamoli

Completed builds:

1:64 Rattlesnake, Mamoli  -  1:64 HMS Bounty, Mamoli  -  1:54 Adventure, Amati  -  1:80 King of the Mississippi, AL

1:64 Blue Shadow, Mamoli  -  1:64 Leida Dutch pleasure boat, Corel  -  1:60 HMS President Mantra, Sergal

Awaiting construction:

1:89 Hermione La Fayette AL  -  1:48 Perserverance, Modelers shipyard

Congratulations on completing a fine build Kevin. If this was to "teach myself airbrushing", you seem to have mastered it very well indeed. :)

Very well done, Kevin.  Congratulations.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

OMG Kevin....she's beautiful!   so glad you stuck with it and finished her :)    a truly awesome ship........I'll have to see her in the gallery ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Magnificent build Kevin, she looks awesome and most powerful.

Congrats on the completion.

Cheers,

VOC Ship Surabaya

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

On 01/07/2017 at 8:55 PM, Kevin said:

Good evening CDW 

I have the Victory on a long term hold, whilst I decide what to do with her, the 1/72 SD14 cargo  carrier in card another 1/200 Trumpeter which i will be doing next the Russian Destroyer Sovremenny which I dont have a build log for, This has been my teach myself how to use a air brush build, BUT i have a new build on order, it is a 1/72 County Class Destroyer Hull from Fleetscale, I will scratch build the Superstructure and purchase the fittings kit to go with it this is a vessel i served on during 1978-1980 HMS Fife 

•  

187 kb · Done

download.jpg

WOW  I spent many years loving the Devonshire class  even went over her at Pompy as a lad.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Super nice build. Just saw the completed photos on the home page and went to your log. Congrats on a beautiful build - and as has been noted the weathering is awesome

Regards,

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

• 2 weeks later...

Kevin,

I recently bought the Bismarck 1/200 by Trumpeter. It is an old dream that goes back to when I was 14 years old and drawing the Bismarck at the scale of 1/100. I even had a couple of turrets and cabins made of wood and copper tubes.

Anyway, I am really impressed by what you achieved with your kit and will keep your Build Log (as well as Flory's) as the reference for building that great kit.

Yves

1 hour ago, yvesvidal said:

Kevin,

I recently bought the Bismarck 1/200 by Trumpeter. It is an old dream that goes back to when I was 14 years old and drawing the Bismarck at the scale of 1/100. I even had a couple of turrets and cabins made of wood and copper tubes.

Anyway, I am really impressed by what you achieved with your kit and will keep your Build Log (as well as Flory's) as the reference for building that great kit.

Yves

That makes two of us. Bought one on Ebay for a discounted price. Now to find a detail set. Huge box, longer than the 1:200 Iowa box.

4 hours ago, CDW said:

That makes two of us. Bought one on Ebay for a discounted price. Now to find a detail set. Huge box, longer than the 1:200 Iowa box.

6 hours ago, yvesvidal said:

Kevin,

Yves

good evening and thank you for the comments, I have plenty more phots of the build, the weathering was kept quite simple with a few pastels sticks and Flory washes, i used the KA MK1 pe set

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished