HMS VICTORY by Kevin - FINISHED - Caldercraft - 1/72

That's a bummer Kevin. Welcome to the club, which has a very large membership!!! Many of us have shared your pain. I hope you manage to work out a fix to your satisfaction.

Ouch... that hurts.   As Grant pointed out, you're a member of a very large club, if that's any consolation.   If you're lucky, only a one or two lines will need to be cut and replaced.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I have left the damage, as is

Decided to go aft and complete the Mizzen mast, which I hope to have completed in the next week, the advantage, is that I have another 6 to 8 inches to move the lump around,  

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Good evening everyone 

the mizzen lower ratlines are now completed, awaiting new 2.5mm dead eyes to do the top, also more back stays on the main are now in awaiting a final fit position, the flying jib remains broken

sorry but since two weeks ago some of my picture turn 90 deg

post-846-0-80596600-1471201960_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-86652800-1471201963_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-13789400-1471201967_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-98364200-1471201970_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kevin

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening everyone

more progress, on a bit of a roll at present, all the ratlines are now completed,as well as all of the backstays, but was not happy with some of the upper stays so at present they are being re-done, newt week, I am hoping to make another flying Jib

post-846-0-50700700-1472497828_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-75275700-1472497831_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-92479900-1472497834_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-14015200-1472497873_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Well done Kevin, and I see from the photos that you have the domestic testing facility ready for sea trials too!

re- doing all the time Kevin ?????

You love to build her that much that you want to do it over and over again ????

You can also buy another one and get started all over  :D  :D  :D  :D

But it looks great my friend !

Sjors

re- doing all the time Kevin ?????

You love to build her that much that you want to do it over and over again ????

You can also buy another one and get started all over  :D  :D  :D  :D

But it looks great my friend !

Sjors

good evening Sjors, redo became my middle name when I started this build, but IMO they normally look slightly better, hope to get the flying jib rebuilt this weekend

hope you are both well

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Damage repaired, Phots in the morning, only real pain was that some of the block sets  blocks on the knighthead needed replacing, as they had been tied off 

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

the repair survived 24 hours, so im happy with it, 

post-846-0-89889600-1473015583_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

I'm half tempted to drop the Akagi and go out to get me some ratlins to tie.

Sweet Victory. She looks ... right.

lol you had to wait until i had completed them

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Looking good Kevin.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

• 3 months later...

where does my time go to, last post was september, and since then modeling has been restrited to the SD14, But the mancave has had a revamp in the last couple of weeks just need to sort some shelfs out, spent the last couple of days on plastic, to see if my mojo is back for another stint on the VIC and it is

post-846-0-79670800-1483040196_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-91439800-1483040198_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning Lawrence, and happy new year

I made a new years resolution to complete a model, so the Bismarck is being worked on at present, the reason i put the Victory to one side again, is that I dont know how to proceed wrt to the sails and a final way of finishing her of in a diorama setting,

post-846-0-81727300-1484477814_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

• 1 month later...

Lawrence Good evening

I changed my job about 6 weeks ago, and now work in the real world 5 days a week, it has taken me some time to adjust to the work, but now getting into a new routine, its not hard work, but on my feet from 0900 to 1730 working for a private health care trust.

I get into the man cave when I have the chance, and working on a 1/200 model, but that is not on a thread within MSW, it a OOB with some PE but everything else is again on hold, have a week of soon so hope to post something new

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

• 1 month later...
On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2013 at 2:39 PM, Kevin said:

well the head timbers took me a lot longer to look right, than i thought, i am kind of semi pleased with the way they look, i have no plans at present to do them again.

all the best

post-846-0-51156000-1366465084_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-59848400-1366465090_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-34608800-1366465102_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-64931800-1366465107_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-61745300-1366465112_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-65875800-1366465129_thumb.jpg

Heh that looks great

Thec Copper Plates do not appear to curve as much at the Water line as the model instructions suggest but I feel it looks BETTER like you have done it

Also you appear to have put some planking between the Hawse Rails -

Hi Kevin..

Happy to see that your Victory has finally emerged again.  It's stunning!  Have a happy day.

Best,

Jerry

Don't quite understand why some of my much older posts have reappeared, I'm still around and again busy in the man cave, ship building, but not any of my threads here on MSW, its another 1/200 Trumpeter kit Sovremenny, and to put it bluntly it is an awful kit to build, and not worthy to be listed on here, it is being put together solely for experience in airbrushing

Looked at the Victory yesterday, she is fine, so here is where I left her off in September 2016

IMG_6107.JPG

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Hey Kevin,

Just checked my Victory display and realize how time is passing.  I finished Victory in November 2014..

Best,

Jerry

By the way Kevin, I have completed  a lot more models since then but my posts only show the Viking Ship.  I don't member how to list one's builds at the bottom of the post.  Maybe you can help me out there.

Jerry

Jerry go to page one of your build that you want the signature for and copy the link, and apply/paste it in the signature box in your profile,

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Jerry,

Maybe this will help:  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hello Mark..

Thank you so much for the signature information.  I will use it tomorrow; much obliged for your taking the time to help me out.

Best,

Jerry

LOL you missed my post reply Jerry

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished