HMS VICTORY by Kevin - FINISHED - Caldercraft - 1/72

Hello Kevin,

I did see your post but I'm terribly sorry that I didn't understand it.  I followed your instructions but somewhere along the trail I must have done something wrong.  I sincerely appreciate your effort to help me and enjoy your friendship.

Best regards,

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...

having great diffficulty in working out EXACTLY how Victory had her Copper Plating laid
One thing is sure. THey where NOT laid side by side and they where overlapped
Certainly the where laid from the stern and the one in front of the previous overlaps it
According to LOngridge Navy shipps where laid from the Waterline down and merchant ships from the keel
All instructions from the model manufacturers are BAD and dont show the fair run
LOngridge again has a reasonable plan which give a fair idea of the run

the old 1:84 Mantua VIctory has a superb set of plans which I am using
One ctitism of the Caldercraft plans is the lack of a decent plan of the BOws whereas the Mantua is superb

So I include some picrures of my cladding to date. Using huge amounts of plates seemd to come up trumps

Apparently most of the platting has now been removed from VIctory

NOTE I am not happy with the top two stern runs and will correct these today

IMG_0037.JPG

IMG_0039.JPG

IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0042.JPG

• 1 year later...

Victory Miniatures

https://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/Victory-Minatures.html

Edited by Kevin

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

• 3 months later...

its just over 2 years since i did any work on the Victory, so as of today she is back on the work bench, new mancave and my fav build, what more could a 60 year old ask for

HOBBY VICTORY (421).JPG

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

well as stated above i have gone back to the Victory, i quess i am a person with ideas way above my skill sets and dreams way above storage  arrangements, and that is partly the reason for this build being laid up for two years, perhaps some one will remember i was looking at a diorama, well like this one[AoYZJVg]
but had the ships launch pulling her to find a light wind
well 7 years down the line reality has kicked in and i am just unable to complete that task, so i looks like, well a build without sails,

having accepted that fact i have spent the last day cleaning her off, repairing a little damage on the bowspit again (always getting in the way) and now setting the two yards fitted to it
[7y1I160]
[E0VvvNt]

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

It's back!!!!!  Happy dance!!!! dance.gif.69dbc2d47ee666df15d8801dd89c5ace.gif

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hello kevin...

Just wanted to say hello and wish you the best.  I'm still kicking and present;y am not building anything as you may remember that I have a vision problem.  Best regards,

Jerry

Click on his name on the post (top left of post). It will take you to his profile.   Up top is "MESSAGE" click it and sent the first message from there.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

20 hours ago, Shipyard sid said:

Hello Kevin 

I tried to send you a message. But it did not accept your name so what do I put?

Membership number or something of that sort? David

received and replied David (yipeeee) kevin got a message

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Hi kevin.

A voice from the past... Hope all is going well and the best to you.  Hello also to my old friend, David.

Best,

Jerry

3 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Hi kevin.

A voice from the past... Hope all is going well and the best to you.  Hello also to my old friend, David.

Best,

Jerry

Good afternoon Jerry, everything is good this end, Vic is well and truly back on the build table bowspirt is quite a way into being rigged 

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

good evening everyone

im actually quite excited to be back at work on the Victory, and she is presently being worked on most days, (subject to being at work 5 days a week)
the Bowsprit work continues, and the spirit yard is now complete (i think) lol i keep finding another rope to be attached

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spritsail 

[57dEpmd]

[6bMalBT]  
[1T0DdTn]
[7SMf5bB]
[MFCK3NU]

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Great to see you back on vic  mate,   what a lovely build.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

5 minutes ago, Old Collingwood said:

Great to see you back on vic  mate,   what a lovely build.

OC.

thank you, sorry i have the Fife on hold, but there is a real reason to complete the Victory (watch this space)

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

4 minutes ago, Kevin said:

thank you, sorry i have the Fife on hold, but there is a real reason to complete the Victory (watch this space)

Love all your builds kevin.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

good evening everyone

not much to show for the weekends work, still tidying up the front end lines and making sure they are going to the right place, all my points of reference differ,

IMG_3258.thumb.JPG.0a0092d14374435779534cc79437ca71.JPG

the cathead was rigged and ancors made but for some reason i only have qty 2 and not 4, lol i dont think i can moan about it 7 years down the road

IMG_3256.thumb.JPG.4d00a32b054d4460de60159d16ce76b9.JPG

i dont quite know where the chain is fitted to on the hull near the flukes (when in the stowed position, so i am still experimenting 

IMG_3260.thumb.JPG.47daeb46db0bad7d22189a888243a56b.JPG

IMG_3266.thumb.JPG.89ccaab8bf8dd438b6c0a7ffe53824a9.JPG

IMG_3264.thumb.JPG.b89f982db1c9598483743ef924721430.JPG

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Great work kevin,  I would say the position of the anchors is just right, didnt she have three - two larger ones positioned where you have them port and larboard,  and a  third one slightly smaller stowed further back and hooked from the forecastle bulwark.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

It's good to see you doing your "thing," Kevin, especially that your work looks so good.  I'm enjoying your log.  To Old Collingwood....The HMS Victory has 4 anchors, two on each side.  (At least mine does.}

Best,

Jerry

20 minutes ago, Jerry said:

It's good to see you doing your "thing," Kevin, especially that your work looks so good.  I'm enjoying your log.  To Old Collingwood....The HMS Victory has 4 anchors, two on each side.  (At least mine does.}

Best,

Jerry

I thought three,  but its been a long time since I last went over her,  so I stand corrected.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

2 hours ago, Shipyard sid said:

Greetings !!

Well things are moving along now, it’s all looking good. Keep up the good work Kevin.  Best regards DAVID

Thank you David, I'm hoping to make a start on the spars this coming weekend

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

13 hours ago, Jerry said:

Best,

Jerry

I still can only find 2, will order more this week, but 4 will be fitted

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

finished playing with the anchors, its far tro early for them and will just create more snags as i continue withe the rigging

Fore mast yards and Stun Yards

i love rigging, it takes me into another time (NOT LIKE DR WHO), i think its because it all goes together like a fine tuned engine, its nice to think that line does this and that one gets tied off there because blah blah blah

one dowl 8mm thick and two at 3mm gives me what is reqired for the lower yard on the foremast
used my lathe as a sanding tool and had a great few hours
[s90bRAM]
[yVIA0ee]
[6HfYXHr]
[yV0waIP]
[dHFc2cC]
that completes the basics but to be primed and painted then set up with accessories before being fixed to the build, however i always pin my spars in the relevant position, makes my life so much easier

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Best,

Jerry

Hello Kevin,

It looks like the log entry "misfired."  For some reason a previous entry of mine repeated itself for which I apologize.  Don't know why it happened.  Anyhow, just wanted to say hello and mention that I always pin my spars to the mast; much easier that way.

Your work is bringing back much memories and it seems like only yesterday that we were working at the same time on HMSV along  with David, Shipyard Sid.  I miss those times and I also miss David.  Please say hello to him for me.

Best,

Jerry