HMS VICTORY by Kevin - FINISHED - Caldercraft - 1/72

i was thinking to do the bottom of the house the same as the top with a black band through the middle, and paint the window frame red orche

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Nice deck... no dremel tool for you on this one.... nope...  This calls for the real-deal!

post-76-0-79943000-1368313965_thumb.jpg

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

YIKES,

Mark be careful what you post.

The floor scrubber pic gave me flashbacks of my midnights at Walmart.

4 years of midnight floor maintenance, so I could go to school. We used one of the side by side scrubbers for stripping wax. Now thats a nasty job.

At least I could tell everyone I was a stripper for a living :dancetl6:  LOL.

We actually had a propane buffer that was fun to operate.

But seriously didn't they do it more like this, Kevin grab your holystone.

hello everyone

I have been quiet on MSW this week, RL and work getting in the way, took day off work just to get on with the build, 

the stern is taking quite a lot of time to get right, no visit from Murphy to mess it up either, he paid me a visit at the week-end on the last chain plate channel

did not realise the problem until 1/2 way through fitting the chain plates themselves  found out it was far to low, approx 5mm

the Spanish inquisition i carried out revealed i had been measuring from the wale on the plans, but transferred the distance from the painted black band on the build,  

post-846-0-80577000-1368630662_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-52791400-1368630666_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-64577400-1368630669_thumb.jpg

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Kevin,

Your stern is looking very good, real crisp and clean.  Glad you got your flag locker inserts so quickly from Jotika.  I finally got my missing Tanganyika deck strips the other day.  I asked Jotika for them at the end of January.  3 1/2 months!

Keep up the great work.  Nice job on the deck too!

Patrick

Nice work on the stern Kevin.  And a good catch on the chainplates.  I guess the Inquisition didn't investigate any involvment by the wabbits for fear of retaliation? 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Nicely caught there Kevin, the stern is looking nice and trim as well.

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Well done on the weight loss mate, it can be hard at times. :)

Treadmill, sounds like a nightmare to me. :(  :(

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Congrats on the weight loss Kevin, you must really be feeling healthier now. And by the way, nice rear end! ;) The ship! I meant the ship!!! :D

OK, I shall not report your 'day off' to the authorities.  Why?  Because of that exquisite job on the stern.  It might please you......but it absolutely delights me.

Congrats also on the 23 Kg.  I have an extra 10 Kg.  I can ship over if you need them :D  :D

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

todays update 

Window sill on the stern and 1/4 galleries

after trying to bend the brass profile under the catheads, i decided to try another approach on the stern and try styrene

using 0.5mm x 2mm i have paced one strip horizontal and the 2nd at 90 deg to it, i think for a 1st attempt i might just get away with it

still very much work i progress - after all its me - and will need to redo a couple of times before i relise the fist attempt was best

this what i am trying to achieve

HMS-Victory.jpeg

post-846-0-30345600-1368734377_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-01711100-1368734385_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-15051600-1368734739_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

good evening everyone

no build time at all this weekend, boooooooooooooo, so before member dietcoke23 tells me off for pointless posts i have a question, or two

when did HMS victory stop having extreme after davits, i would like to display my ships boats there, and would the measurements for these be about the same as for the cat heads

my reasoning for this is - as i intend to set every sail, i doubt the skid rails would be seen

These are not my photo's

post-846-0-92018800-1368988720_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-55836800-1368988736.jpg

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

it was the victory - found here

http://www.shipmodels.com.ua/

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Kevin,

Ive been following your build. Stunning....really excellent.

Regards,

Michael

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Hello

please could you tell me which color codes you used to paint your model?

thanks

Massimo

i am using this paint set 

http://www.shipwrightshop.com/shop/contents/en-uk/d107_Admiralty-Paints-Kit-Paint-Sets.html

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Real nice build, keep up the good work.  Gives me lots of ideas for my Morgan....

John

John

Current Current Builds:

US Brig Niagara on my website

FINISHED BUILD LOGS:

New Bedford Whaleboat - page on my Morgan Website:  http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com/whaleboat-build-log-by-john-fleming.html

C.W. Morgan - Model Shipways 1:64 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1785-cw-morgan-by-texxn5-johnf-ms-164-kit/

USS Constitution - Revell 1:96 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1796-uss-constitution-by-texxn5-johnf-revell-196-kit/

website US Brig Niagara Model http://www.niagaramodel.com

website Charles W Morgan Model http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com

website PROXXON DISCOUNT TOOL STORE http://proxxontoolsdiscount.com

Hi Kevin

Back to the discussion about where boats could be stowed, according to the Goodwin book there were two 25ft cutters and it looks like these were always stowed off the poop as in the model you highlighted.  Then the four other boats (launch, barge, pinnace and 18ft cutter) were stowed on the skid beams.  If I'm reading the instructions correctly, the Jotika Victory does not come with the two 25ft cutters so there are no boats shown to be stowed at the poop.

Cheers

Yon

yes Yon i have come to that conclusion - but i may try, especially the very aft one, Perhaps it is just a whim on my behalf, but wanting to set nearly 30 sails, was always going to make the ship look busy, now the admiral would like my to put royal marines on, and ships crew, 

an alternative for me - was to possibly think about having the ships boats as part of the name display on the stand - but at present the verdict is out on that

hope you are well

all the best

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Good morning everyone

nearly a week since i managed any build work on the Victory, but its a bank holiday here this weekend - WITH NO DIY

intentions are to progress the stern/1/4 galleries - and inserting some stern davits, for one of the ships boats, as to which one goes there i may have to puchase a 1/72 scale cutter, 

not my photo

post-846-0-24118900-1368988727.jpg

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

good afternoon everyone

God - i wish i could paint, lol - i try so hard to make all my work presentable- and then spoil it with a paint brush

Anyway - the panels between the stern windows are complete,

The holes in the top left and right are for my stern davits for one of the ships boats, these are 3mm square wood stock, any bigger and it will interfere with the edge scrolling.this size is smaller than the cat heads - so i am not sure if it will look to small and be out of scale

post-846-0-32871300-1369490893_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished