HMS VICTORY by Kevin - FINISHED - Caldercraft - 1/72

42 minutes ago, Sjors said:

Still no tomatosauce...😆

Looks great Kevin.

Its good for me that i’m doing something else for the moment when i se this.

Sjors

yes every time i look at reference books i se yet another line that could be put in, very little rigging on my next build

LOL im about to go and watch Master and Commander, and see even more things that have been left off

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

this my next build 1/30 St Nectan IMG_3432.thumb.JPG.45284b48cb9400bbfd1440992f8e92b0.JPG

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

why have i spent all night awake wishing i had kept to my original plans and put on a full set of sails including stuns

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

WOW Kevin,, you sure did a most wonderful job on your Vic, stunning work.  A full suit of sails eh, well perhaps after you are retired you can go back to her and dress her up  😏

I'll try to follow your next build.

Have a great 2019 and cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Hello Kevin:

I  just want to add my congratulations, not only for the fact that you came back to finish your build, but for the fantastic job you have done.  It was about six years ago when I was a young man of 80 when I started my Victory and  had the pleasure to consult with you often as we both (along with David, Shipyard Sid) were working hard on our respective builds.  My Victory has been sailing along, doing fine I might add, in its display case and has survived two long distance moves of about 1000 miles.  I look forward to whatever you do next and want you to know it's been good to have you as a friend,

Best,

Jerry

TY Piet and Jerry, it has been a long journey on this build, but coming to the end now, , happy new year to you and everyone else, 

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

hi there Kevin........I finally found you!  lost track after the Fife build.    such a superb job on the rigging........so many lines!  your not finished yet.....what about the braces?   the St Nectan is a fine looking project........there is some information on her at Hull Motor Boat Group if your looking for reference pictures.

once again.......so good to see all the amazing progress on the Victory........hope you had a great holiday and a happy New Years to you!  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

1 hour ago, popeye the sailor said:

hi there Kevin........I finally found you!  lost track after the Fife build.    such a superb job on the rigging........so many lines!  your not finished yet.....what about the braces?   the St Nectan is a fine looking project........there is some information on her at Hull Motor Boat Group if your looking for reference pictures.

once again.......so good to see all the amazing progress on the Victory........hope you had a great holiday and a happy New Years to you!  :) 

So glad you found me again even though I wasn't aware I was missing, the fore mast  braces are now done and nearly completed the main the mizzen not looked at yet, hopefully by this time next week I will be in a position to put the stun booms in, hope you and family are all well

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Good afternoon everyone

i hope to have the foremast completed today, but each time i put a line in the Longbridge book shows another, 

IMG_3710.JPG

IMG_3711.JPG

IMG_3712.JPG

IMG_3713.JPG

IMG_3714.JPG

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

31 minutes ago, Wallace said:

Just keeping track of what you have and have not done must be a chore Kevin. Did you start with the running rigging first? She is looking great by the way, very regal. 

YES Wallace the running rigging came first, seams a long time ago now Aug 2016

IMG_5801 - Copy.JPG

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

its taken 7 years so far, and so many times i have felt like abandoning her, and at times packing up modelling altogether, i quess it comes down the things i want to achieve and things i am actually able to do, and to me they are to far apart,

but here i am still at it, and yes i look at things and want to rip them out but as i get nearer to the end, the things that bothered are long covered over, and lol no one will ever see her anyway  

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Hello Kevin...

Yes, it's taken you seven years to get to where you are at.  I have known you for all of those years and I do know that you have built a beautiful model.  Don't sell yourself short.  I have compared your Victory to mine and yours runs rings around the model I've built.  And a lot of people will see it and admire the work you've done.  I look forward to seeing your completed ship and to enjoy your work.

Best,

Jerry

11 minutes ago, shihawk said:

The rigging broke my spirit but u have come so far now there is no way u can give up .. Great job , just keep at it ,the end is in sight !!!!!!!

Boyd.

did you always intend to complete the build when you did or was that the prospect of rigging force your hand?

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

It,s hard to say . I seem to remember that once i started the rigging i seemed to lose interest , maybe i had just spent long enough on that build . although i don,t think i would fully rig another ship either so i think i just don,t like rigging !

she's looking splendid Kevin.........can't stop now  ;)   I'd say to omit some of the lines, to make it easier,  but you've already thrown the Kitchen sink at the bow.   never stop.......your an awesome modeler and very creative........besides........I wanna see that trawler  ;) 

shihawk.........there are model ships that don't require a lot of rigging ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Hello Kevin,

I hope you don't mind this intrusion; all I want to do is encourage you some more and to say hello to Popeye...

Best,

Jerry

hello Jerry!   it's been a while.........hope you and Charlene had a super holiday!  I'm trying to do the same thing......fancy that?!?!?!  someone once told me it was like eating an elephant.......one bite at a time.  puzzled me as to why I would want to eat one {I have junk food},  but sometimes,  that's what it's like with a model.........keep hack'in away til the last part is on.  I figure that I haven't built my masterpiece yet..........an' I ain't stopp'in till I do :) 

you gotta visit more often.......... ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Good morning everyone

LOL i have king of given myself a Easter 2019 deadline (subject to change) to complete her, so there will be lots of new updates as i progress,  rhank you for the feedback

the foremast is fully completed with the exception of Stuns, main mast i just have about 5 lines to run, and the Mizzen about 50% complete, but Longbridge shows lots more so i will try to work out if more are needed, 

repair two bow lines and tighten a few up

stun booms

Coils to be made

ships boats

lanterns

crests and stern coat of arms

replace some tiles

general tidy up and stand to be dome

and no doubt others things as well

49682687_1354223118053951_6098551718608371712_n.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

absolutely........the really important lines........all you need to be concerned with  ;)     that's the spirit.......your gonna feel real good when you see her in a case!  remarkable ship..........overall great job!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening everyone,

im still here, although compared to a couple of years ago, my post contribution towards the site has dropped considerably, for which i am sorry but unable to do much about, i so miss the banter i used to get involved in, and getting involved in other people builds,  

anyway the main mast is complete with the exception of the stun booms but that is complete as per the Caldercraft plans, im sure there is more when i compare it to the Longbridge plans, the spars on the mizzen have been secured to the mast, and hopefully rigged by the end of Jan

IMG_3744.JPG

IMG_3726.JPG

IMG_3727.JPG

IMG_3728.JPG

IMG_3732.JPG

IMG_3733.JPG

IMG_3735.JPG

IMG_3736.JPG

IMG_3737.JPG

IMG_3739.JPG

IMG_3740.JPG

IMG_3742.JPG

IMG_3743.JPG

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Hi. Great build, very interesting the 'advanced' rigging.

As per my log, I am building the same model, and am just completing the yards and spars. Now, have I made an error? I have already attached the spars to the 4 yards in question, but I see you have left them until part way through the rigging.

If I need to de-attach them, it would be easier now than later.....

What do you think please.

No need to applogize kevin   I think it takes at lot to keep up momentum   or even do loads on our builds in one go,   you are doing a Fantastic job and its a pleasure to look at and read through.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Magnificent work Kevin. She's a joy to see progressing to the finish line.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

21 hours ago, portchieboy said:

Hi. Great build, very interesting the 'advanced' rigging.

As per my log, I am building the same model, and am just completing the yards and spars. Now, have I made an error? I have already attached the spars to the 4 yards in question, but I see you have left them until part way through the rigging.

If I need to de-attach them, it would be easier now than later.....

What do you think please.

Are you referring to the stun booms, if so i just left them as there is enough to snag on with-out them in the way, plus some of the lines tend to run along the spar, so another thought of mine was, as they are movable, i should be able to put them on at a later date

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Good evening everyone

the Mizzen mast continues, and progress is better than expected, I have a 4 day weekend coming up, and the Admiral is away for two of them so i am hoping to finish the rigging within a couple of weeks

IMG_3749.JPG

IMG_3750.JPG

IMG_3752.JPG

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished