HMS VICTORY by Kevin - FINISHED - Caldercraft - 1/72

Just now, Sjors said:

And then finished.....

Great job Kevin!

Sjors

still have the ships boats, head decoration, stun booms anchors and a lot of tidying up, one of the main spars looks like it needs levelling off, but very enjoyable at present,

Easter still looks good for completion

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Keep up the great work kevin  - she is looking splendid.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

look'in superb Kevin!  keep up the good work.  remember......the more you  do,  the less that's left ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

good evening everyone, i have been quite fortunate to have had a 4 day weekend off, and the wife away, so just me and my doggie

a majority of the rigging is now done, the after sheet block are still to be made, but i want to look at where i am going to put the ships boats first, then sort out/make the gaff

i have done quite a bit of reworking on the beak head, and re-run some lines as i am finding that they were run incorrectly, and two lines were broken 

i have even replaced a few of the missing copper tiles

with the plans i have now highlighted the lines completed, and lol some were found to be missing, but will go in this weekend and as as the stun booms

lots still to do, but hopefully a few pictures will show what i have been doing

IMG_3772.JPG

IMG_3782.JPG

IMG_3773.JPG

IMG_3774.JPG

IMG_3775.JPG

IMG_3776.JPG

IMG_3777.JPG

IMG_3778.JPG

IMG_3779.JPG

IMG_3780.JPG

IMG_3781.JPG

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Hello Kevin,

Your Victory really looks beautiful.  I'm so glad that you decided to keep going and bring your model to fruition.  I know that when you finally see your project in a display case you will take much pride with the knowledge that you completed a gem.  I notice that you are thinking about the location of the ship's boats.  I hope you don't mind the picture intrusion I have posted because I wanted you to see that I actually placed one of the ship's boats "in the water" alongside the mother ship.  Please keep going; a lot of us can't wait to see the final job.

Best,

Jerry

HMS Victory w ship's boat.jpg

6 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Hello Kevin,

Your Victory really looks beautiful.  I'm so glad that you decided to keep going and bring your model to fruition.  I know that when you finally see your project in a display case you will take much pride with the knowledge that you completed a gem.  I notice that you are thinking about the location of the ship's boats.  I hope you don't mind the picture intrusion I have posted because I wanted you to see that I actually placed one of the ship's boats "in the water" alongside the mother ship.  Please keep going; a lot of us can't wait to see the final job.

Best,

Jerry

HMS Victory w ship's boat.jpg

Good evening Jerry i dont mind at all,  i hadnt realy given it that much thought up to now, because they were going to be part of the diorama i was planning, LOL before i realised just how much room it was going to take up

1463477686_th1.jpg.82bd40e10933f630aad4a5c82cbec379.jpg

but the Admiral and myself have found her somewhere to live, but it will take some work to get the idea to work, the plan is to put a set of patio or some sort of slinging doors inside the garage and therefore create a sort of enclosed space 

possibly take 1m of so from the end wall where the plans are hung and create a viewing area behind a set of sliding doors, 

905289784_201612decembergarage(1).thumb.JPG.d83205795b3f7fedea36260a39c06d1c.JPG

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

45 minutes ago, wlell said:

Strong work for sure!!

OK, the inevitable question: What are your plans for a case? Purchase? Build your own?

as discussed just above this post, this is one of the main reasons the build keeps getting delayed, in our property we just dont have a area big enouth to take her, so the plan is to use the garage, one of my workshops, and put possibly a set of patio doors or glass sliding doors about 1 to 2 meters away from the back wall, this will allow my collection to be displayed, although im the only one who will ever see her again

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Most impressive build Kevin and your display idea looks like a workable one. 

Space is always a problem.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Good evening everyone

still on track to complete this build, spending as much time as i can at the weekends, with all the other normal stuff that goes on there in real life

the last of the main yards are now made and being rigged into position, LOL i now have to think about both ends when turning her around, most of the rigging should then be completed by this time next week

these are the gaff and Driver boom
[QSyZ1Qv]
[I0G8tZr]
[yGniHHf]
[azdT6cE]
[NoSv8JI]

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

15 minutes ago, Wallace said:

Nearing the end on any build is an exciting moment, for something this major though I would imagine you are way beyond that. You should be proud of yourself Kevin, she looks great. 

i will certainly be happy to see my next build on the table, lol i was looking at another kit today, chucks Confederacy again, but the st nectan id ready to be started and a couple of months

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

hey there........good to see your still working on her  :)  sounds like you can see the finish line.....keep it up,  your getting there.   she's a beautiful model ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Just had her outside in the nice british springtime sunshine to see obviuous mistake and things still to be done, 

20190224_130840.jpg

20190224_130914.jpg

20190224_131400.jpg

20190224_131201.jpg

20190224_131207.jpg

20190224_131043.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Sorry not the best photos, to bright using the tablet

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Still looking Superb Kevin.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

some better (maybe) phots from today, taken for me to see what still needs to be done, re-worked and the opportunity to blow more dust off her, i have truly fallen in love with this build again

IMG_3845.JPG

IMG_3820.JPG

IMG_3823.JPG

IMG_3827.JPG

IMG_3828.JPG

IMG_3831.JPG

IMG_3832.JPG

IMG_3833.JPG

IMG_3834.JPG

IMG_3835.JPG

IMG_3839.JPG

IMG_3842.JPG

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

8 minutes ago, Wallace said:

She is truly a beauty Kevin, you should feel very proud of yourself sir. The angle of some of those second set of shots makes her look like the real thing! Very nicely done and an inspiration for me sir, and in fact anyone attempting this build. 

i do so fancy another rigged ship at the present time, but not one with so many teeth (cannons) perhaps a decent scale Cutty sark but not the Amerigo Vespucci, would have to be a kit though, i have/ never stopped thinking about a  4th or 5th rate and build the Melampus 

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Cutty Sark would be good with her being local  for reference photos, I went over her when I was very young  and was equaly impressed just like Vic.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

WOW again Kevin.  I love it every time you post some pics of your magnificent Victory.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Hi Kevin,

Been following your log and I'm most impressed. Thank you for the beautiful pictures.

One question: I am presently working on the chesstrees, and I couldn't help noticing that yours seems to be missing on the port side of the ship.

Is that on purpose? The original Victory has chesstrees on both sides...

Otherwise: lots of respect!

Paul

Edited by paulb

Regards, Paul

3 hours ago, paulb said:

Hi Kevin,

Been following your log and I'm most impressed. Thank you for the beautiful pictures.

One question: I am presently working on the chesstrees, and I couldn't help noticing that yours seems to be missing on the port side of the ship.

Is that on purpose? The original Victory has chesstrees on both sides...

Otherwise: lots of respect!

Paul

Paul i wiil have a look tonight ty for letting me know

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

18 hours ago, Kevin said:

Paul i wiil have a look tonight ty for letting me know

well Paul, i dont know what to say,  there is certainly no sign it was ever fitted, and certainly not in the box. i quess i will be making one, thank you for spotting it, lol i certainly hope thats what you were referring to

IMG_3384.JPG

IMG_3379.JPG

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

11 minutes ago, paulb said:

Yeah, that’s the one. You can find it on the same wooden sheet as the other chesstree and the fenders. It’s there to protect the hull when lowering the anchor. Good luck. 

lol maybe it was, but i started her 7 years ago, anyway , will make one

just found this photo dated 27th July 2013 so would have been about the same fitting/or not fitting in this case

hobby victory  (1287).JPG

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Hi Kevin,

}I have no idea what y'all are talking about.  I wonder if my Victory is missing the chesstrees too?  

Jerry