Kevin

HMS VICTORY by Kevin - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

LOL im about to go and watch Master and Commander, and see even more things that have been left off

Epic film, a must for those who love both the sea and the ships that sail on her. 

Your Vic is looking sharp sir, nicely done. 

Edited by Wallace

WOW Kevin,, you sure did a most wonderful job on your Vic, stunning work.  A full suit of sails eh, well perhaps after you are retired you can go back to her and dress her up  😏

I'll try to follow your next build.

Have a great 2019 and cheers,

Hello Kevin:

I  just want to add my congratulations, not only for the fact that you came back to finish your build, but for the fantastic job you have done.  It was about six years ago when I was a young man of 80 when I started my Victory and  had the pleasure to consult with you often as we both (along with David, Shipyard Sid) were working hard on our respective builds.  My Victory has been sailing along, doing fine I might add, in its display case and has survived two long distance moves of about 1000 miles.  I look forward to whatever you do next and want you to know it's been good to have you as a friend,

Best,

Jerry

hi there Kevin........I finally found you!  lost track after the Fife build.    such a superb job on the rigging........so many lines!  your not finished yet.....what about the braces?   the St Nectan is a fine looking project........there is some information on her at Hull Motor Boat Group if your looking for reference pictures.

once again.......so good to see all the amazing progress on the Victory........hope you had a great holiday and a happy New Years to you!  :) 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, popeye the sailor said:

hi there Kevin........I finally found you!  lost track after the Fife build.    such a superb job on the rigging........so many lines!  your not finished yet.....what about the braces?   the St Nectan is a fine looking project........there is some information on her at Hull Motor Boat Group if your looking for reference pictures.

once again.......so good to see all the amazing progress on the Victory........hope you had a great holiday and a happy New Years to you!  :) 

So glad you found me again even though I wasn't aware I was missing, the fore mast  braces are now done and nearly completed the main the mizzen not looked at yet, hopefully by this time next week I will be in a position to put the stun booms in, hope you and family are all well

Edited by Kevin

31 minutes ago, Wallace said:

Just keeping track of what you have and have not done must be a chore Kevin. Did you start with the running rigging first? She is looking great by the way, very regal. 

YES Wallace the running rigging came first, seams a long time ago now Aug 2016

IMG_5801 - Copy.JPG

Posted (edited)

its taken 7 years so far, and so many times i have felt like abandoning her, and at times packing up modelling altogether, i quess it comes down the things i want to achieve and things i am actually able to do, and to me they are to far apart,

but here i am still at it, and yes i look at things and want to rip them out but as i get nearer to the end, the things that bothered are long covered over, and lol no one will ever see her anyway  

Edited by Kevin

Hello Kevin...

Yes, it's taken you seven years to get to where you are at.  I have known you for all of those years and I do know that you have built a beautiful model.  Don't sell yourself short.  I have compared your Victory to mine and yours runs rings around the model I've built.  And a lot of people will see it and admire the work you've done.  I look forward to seeing your completed ship and to enjoy your work.

Best,

Jerry

11 minutes ago, shihawk said:

The rigging broke my spirit but u have come so far now there is no way u can give up .. Great job , just keep at it ,the end is in sight !!!!!!!

Boyd.

did you always intend to complete the build when you did or was that the prospect of rigging force your hand?

It,s hard to say . I seem to remember that once i started the rigging i seemed to lose interest , maybe i had just spent long enough on that build . although i don,t think i would fully rig another ship either so i think i just don,t like rigging !

she's looking splendid Kevin.........can't stop now  ;)   I'd say to omit some of the lines, to make it easier,  but you've already thrown the Kitchen sink at the bow.   never stop.......your an awesome modeler and very creative........besides........I wanna see that trawler  ;) 

shihawk.........there are model ships that don't require a lot of rigging ;) 

hello Jerry!   it's been a while.........hope you and Charlene had a super holiday!  I'm trying to do the same thing......fancy that?!?!?!  someone once told me it was like eating an elephant.......one bite at a time.  puzzled me as to why I would want to eat one {I have junk food},  but sometimes,  that's what it's like with a model.........keep hack'in away til the last part is on.  I figure that I haven't built my masterpiece yet..........an' I ain't stopp'in till I do :) 

you gotta visit more often.......... ;) 

Good morning everyone

LOL i have king of given myself a Easter 2019 deadline (subject to change) to complete her, so there will be lots of new updates as i progress,  rhank you for the feedback

the foremast is fully completed with the exception of Stuns, main mast i just have about 5 lines to run, and the Mizzen about 50% complete, but Longbridge shows lots more so i will try to work out if more are needed, 

repair two bow lines and tighten a few up

stun booms

Coils to be made

ships boats

lanterns

crests and stern coat of arms

replace some tiles

general tidy up and stand to be dome

and no doubt others things as well

49682687_1354223118053951_6098551718608371712_n.jpg