HMS VICTORY by Kevin - FINISHED - Caldercraft - 1/72

Nicely done, Kevin.

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Good afternoon everyone

Thank you for the comments

Before I go out to cut the grass, I wanted to share my mornings efforts with you

Before any one accuses me of copying Gills log – I am

Total build time 791 hours

Stern

Painted the inside of the windows white

post-846-0-92292700-1366543062_thumb.jpg

Inserted all the windows into the stern facia, all went in very easy, a dab of C/A on the back will keep them in place

post-846-0-81208800-1366543088_thumb.jpg

Spray painted both sides with a grey primer ( car body spay)

post-846-0-12299800-1366543103_thumb.jpg

1st coat of yellow orca, will sand and repeat 3 times at least, then make a mistake and do it all again – lol

post-846-0-00781800-1366543115_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kevin

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Stern Facia

i was quite impressed how easy this went, until i took the photo's, the white that i used on the inner panel is quite uh / well it shows to much, I Don't quite know how to resolve this, if at all, because if i remove the outer fascia  and any damage that incurs, i then have the window acetate to remove just to get to the inner sills. may have to sleep on that one.

The bottom of the panel overhangs by about 3mm so it looks like i will have to plank up to this, along the stern counter (i think it's called).

post-846-0-64592300-1366912685_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-77716100-1366912764_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-53862200-1366912770_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-30105400-1366912774_thumb.jpg

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Hi Kevin

We are almost neck and neck although I haven't yet attached the facia.  I can't decide on mine whether the white is too much or not.  From your photo above yours looks fine.  It isn't clear but it looks like Gil may have repainted his inner facia yellow....

Good luck with your deliberations !

Cheers

Yon

Hi Kevin

We are almost neck and neck although I haven't yet attached the facia.  I can't decide on mine whether the white is too much or not.  From your photo above yours looks fine.  It isn't clear but it looks like Gil may have repainted his inner facia yellow....

Good luck with your deliberations !

Cheers

Yon

i am pressing ahead with it, i have had the admiral and four wabbits giving me their deliberations, the admiral, could not see what i was winging about, and the four wabbits- looked at it, stole my planking jig, left some droppings and went back into the garden

LOL as for neck and neck, yes maybe apart from i have done nothing on the port side of the hull, and no upper deck fittings at all,

once the stern fascia is on, i should think i will be on a bit of a roll, as all the port side is just a repeat of the stbd side

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Sounds like your strategy committee arrived at the right conclusion !

I think we are at about the same stage as far as the stern is concerned - as for the rest, I think you've tackled some of the more challenging bits - I'll aim to post some of my stern progress tomorrow.

Note to non-wabbit people, those ARE NOT raisins.

So whats the personality of a wabbit like. I used to have a guinea pig named Vern. She was a riot. She loved riding on the dash of my Trans Am with the T-Tops out. Loved fresh lettuce too. She was very vocal too. You couldn't open the refrigerator with out her wanting a treat.  SCHREECH!

Good evening everyone

In my last photo, you can see a step where the outer stern fascia sits quite away from the stern counter, been racking my brains how to flush all this off, I have managed to close the gap slightly using clamps map pins and a hammer secure it, but looks like i am going to have to make another stern counter to flush it all off like Gill has (on page 3 of his build log http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/485-hms-victory-by-gil-middleton-jotika-172/page-3

i was so looking forward to a couple hours work, and lol achieved nothing, oh well always tomorrow

all the best

Here a question for anyone reading my log, 

As you maybe aware i started a thread about inviting members to post a profile of their builds, I continually keep mentioning this - is that trolling? and against MSW rules

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1589-latest-full-profile-photograph-of-your-build/

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Good question Kevin, and one for the mods I guess. From my perspective, I think it's perfectly okay. In fact I think it's great that you do this of your own initiative. It's a great thread and seems to be very popular. It's allowed a lot of us to be introduced to builds that we otherwise might have missed. So, take this as a big THANKYOU from me. :)

802 hours

Stern Counter

After last night the only way I could sort this, was to do the same as Gil and using 2x5 walnut I made another stern counter, faired under the stern fascia and where it meets the hull. Tomorrow I hope to do a full repaint of the stern and ¼ galleries, so as I can continue with my progress down the port side

looks better in RL, wet paint and flash

post-846-0-77582700-1367089934_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-70587200-1367089937_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-14501100-1367089950_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-06092400-1367089953_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

When all else fails get a bigger hammer, if that doesn't work shim it. Sounds like my grandfather....

If people only knew what goes into building and what was under all that beauty once its done.

As far as trolling, and this is just my opinion, what your doing is community building. If you were selling something or being annoying that would be different. The Picture of Your Build is a daily view for me. Its a way of seeing whats out there. Which lead to build logs. The whole purpose of MSW as I see it is sharing and politely asking others, actually giving them an opportunity to share is constructive. Of course that my opinion.

Another one of my grandfather sayings: if someone offers you a meal, accept. If they didn't mean it, they'll never ask you again....

Are you sure there was a mistake somewhere? I can't see anything wrong.... good fix ;)

When in doubt.. listen to the wabbits.... but don't believe a word those groundhogs say... they're nothing but a pack of liars...

Andy

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Looks good from this end!

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Well done my friend.

Mort

Current Build - Caldercraft Victory

Completed - Artesiana Latina Swift, Harvey, MGS Prince de Neufchatel, Imai USS Susquehanna, Mamoli Constitution, Rattlesnake per Hunt Practium, Caldercraft Snake, Diana, Kammerlander Duke William 

Waiting to be Launched -  Bluejacket Constitution

Proud member of The New Jersey Ship Model Society

Thanks for the replys everyone, 

i still don't know if it was a mistake in the first place, the original inner stern fascia and counter assembly were fitted early in the build, as per the instructions to complete the hull, 

So when the outer fascia is fitted there is always going to be this step/gap, the instructions don't mention it, Gil resolved his by doing the same as me (only better) and i did not want to skim the outer liner down to the original counter

When in doubt.. listen to the wabbits.... but don't believe a word those groundhogs say... they're nothing but a pack of liars...

Andy

Andy i showed them your message, they have solved your dust bunnies problem, they have invited distant relations of theirs to (well look after your workshop and assist you in any way that THEY want to ) lol God help you

As far as trolling, and this is just my opinion, what your doing is community building. If you were selling something or being annoying that would be different. The Picture of Your Build is a daily view for me. Its a way of seeing whats out there. Which lead to build logs. The whole purpose of MSW as I see it is sharing and politely asking others, actually giving them an opportunity to share is constructive. Of course that my opinion.

Keith

i like people opinions, weather good or bad, other wise i would not ask for them

I sought advice on the trolling subject and basicly told the same - However i now  go round to people logs and invite them personally to do the post. LOL -  I have not had any death threats as of yet.

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Andy i showed them your message, they have solved your dust bunnies problem, they have invited distant relations of theirs to (well look after your workshop and assist you in any way that THEY want to ) lol God help you

So what you are saying is... when I get home.... beware of any left over "Easter Eggs" :P

Andy

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

the weekly trip into the sunshine

post-846-0-72057400-1367157120_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-79320200-1367157126_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-68626900-1367157132_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Ground hounds again. Yikes! I think I read somewhere that groundhogs are attached to popcorn....?

Get the children inside and bar the door. Kevins Ninja Wabbits to the rescue, or is that Andy in a Groundhog suit? I thought he hated bad weather forecasters. :D

Oh BTW, the Stern turn out Very Nice. So now do you finish the Stern decor or do otherside chain plate channels?

Wait a minute.  There haven't been any groundhogs around here......they are all on my thread.  Andy is innocent! 

And Kevin is.........Kevin!!!!!

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Dear Sir-

We did not start the 'colonies'.  But we shall hold them fast :10_1_10:

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

**Andy still wonders how the wabbits got upset as be never called them groundhogs**

**Andy hopes Kevin can explain to the wabbits that there are drastic differences between groundhogs and wabbits and they simply cannot be mistaken for each other**

**Andy is confused as all he##**

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Wabbits: kindly creatures that assist certain builders sorting out issues with problem areas of their ships. Usually associate in groups. Known for a love of fresh veggies.

Groundhogs: miserable rodents who prognosticate on the possibility of the early arrival of warm spring weather...and leave you to freeze your backside off for six weeks longer than you're supposed to. Solo animal known for digging large holes in fields to trap large livestock. Eats like a lawnmower

Andy

Current Build:

USF Confederacy