I've just ordered the Syren MS paint kit.

I was wondering if these were the paints others have used in their Syren, or did they go with other brands?

I took the easy option and got all the colours in one pack, but am wondering if I've compromised on quality.

Cheers

Rowan

Current Build - US Brig Syren - Model Shipways - 1:64 - 1st wood build

Armed Virginia Sloop with complimentary 8x paint MS paint set - Model Shipways - Ordered 31st October 2013

Victory Cross Section - Corel - Ordered 15th October

There's nothing really wrong with MS paints. I just find they need quite a bit of thinning to be usable.

You'll need to mix them about 2 parts paint to 1 part thinner, for brush applications (airbrushing would almost need 1:1, you'd have to experiment). Although they are acrylic, don't use water, use clear Windex (as opposed to blue) or something similar if you can get it down there.

Andy

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Always disassemble the airbrush when you clean. Especially the needle and nozzle. Dried paint will clog it up and is virtually impossible to get out at that point.

If you have paint in the airbrush cup, dispose of it, wipe out the cup and cycle some thinner (or water if using acrylic) through the brush. Repeat until the spray is almost clear (check by spraying onto some paper towel). At this point, you can start to disassemble the air brush (of course turn the air off first).

You should also look into getting some cleaning brushes to help scrub paint out of the harder to reach areas. Badger makes a set of very fine brushes that will penetrate the needle way almost to the nozzle.

Andy

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Tip.  If you have an internal mix airbrush disassmble it over a shallow conatiner.  An airbrush has amy small parts and if you drop them on the floor you might never find them.  If they go into a container like a cake pan, tupperware,etc you will not lose them.

David B

Edited by dgbot