HMS Agamemnon by boris279 - Caldercraft - 1/64

Hello Pierre, Boris and Mobbsie,

Thanks for your descriptions of how you do things. Right now I am at the state where the first planking starts. I have to fix the walnut pieces temporarily. I wonder how I fix these two pieces (61 and 62) temporarily without damaging the walnut.,.Perhaps a very little drop of superglue and using a debonder later?

Mine have two little "engravings" at the wide side: A triangle and something like two squares. I wonder if this happened by coincidence or does it serve any purpose? I guess I will put it (the engraving) towards the inside of the ship. Does any of you "Aggie-builders" noticed the same in his/her kit?

I wished I would be better with the camera. My wife was the computer/picture expert, I was the builder. Since she left me, I have a problem...But I sti8ll have the equipment and I guess I will have to learn it, in order to upload some pictures.

Greetings,

Martin

Hello Martin,

Have a look on the last post I made on my log. You can see the engravings I carefully painted before gluing definitely (not temporarly) the parts 61 and 62.

Actually these engravings are the inner side of the quarter gallery, and they are seen once the model is finished.

I hope it helped you.

Pierre

Hi Martin,

I wish I had followed Pierre's example and just painted mine, I actually cut them out before realising that the deck of the quarter galleries comes half way up, at least they do on my Aggy, I'm going to have to put a filler in and block half way up.

With regard to the walnut bulwark pattern ( 61 & 62 ) I also glued mine on permanently, be careful if you do the same and don't glue them to the smaller of the

upper deck bulkheads as these have to be removed at a later stage.

Don't worry about the walnut pattern ( 61 & 62 ) as these will be covered up with the second planking, so if you want to pin them to the bulwarks go ahead.

Hope that is a help to you my friend, good luck.

mobbsie

Edited by mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Hello Pierre,

I had a look at your model and it made everything clear. It looks great, by the way!

Don`t know how I had gotten the idea, that parts 61 and 62 are fixed temporarily , I guess I just did not read carefully enough :blush:

Thanks for helping,

Martin