Profile Copy Gauge

I was working with some bulkheads and notice a difference between port and starboard side on a certain bulkhead.

Some time ago I bought a profile copy gauge thinking it could come handy some day with model building.

And yes, it did.

I checked one side and compared it to the plans, perfect match.post-967-0-04197200-1384303146_thumb.jpg

Now I had the correct profile and just traced it over to the wrong side. post-967-0-22589500-1384303189_thumb.jpg

This tool is made out of metal, a little to heavy weight wise for this purpose but there is one very accurate available made in plastic, that will be on my purchase list.

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

I have both the plastic and metal gauges.  The metal one is a bit harder to use as the individual wires can be stiff and tend to bend if you put to much pressure on them.  However it gives a better result for fine work.  The plastic one is a breeze to use but is coarser than the metal one so can only be used for larger stuff.

My advice and comments are always worth what you paid for them.