HMB Endeavour by kiwiron - FINISHED - OcCre - 1:54

Hi Pat,small parts from cornwall model boats have cheap freight with no gst added it works out good,not sure how whole kits would work out.Much cheaper kits from the u.k. than from here or Aussie for us.

Current builds: HMS Victory - Caldercraft 1:72

Completed builds: HMB Endeavour - OcCre 1:54   HMS Supply - Caldercraft 1:64. Fishing boats, Bremen,  Palamos.

Hi Pat,small parts from cornwall model boats have cheap freight with no gst added it works out good,not sure how whole kits would work out.Much cheaper kits from the u.k. than from here or Aussie for us.

Hi Ron

I agree with you re freight

Ie I wanted to get a Proxxon miller, asked for a price from Proxxon New Zealand they wanted $2,500nz.

Had a look at the Tool shed in Australia, I think it was just under or just over $700au + P&P and import duty it came to about just over $1,200nz.

A bit different to $2,500nz that Proxxon New Zealand wanted.

Sorry it is not Tool Shed    it is MY TOOL STORE, sorry Dave for putting you wrong.

Denis.

Edited by Denis R

More or less finished the Endeavour now,just need to attach a sail above the ships launch if Occre send me one or I find it again.Two and a half years as time permitted pretty good kit overall but who knows what the Endeavour really looked like,there's so many variations around with great details.Now to organise a case for it.Thanks to all of the guys who have built or are building Endeavours for the photos and advice and also for everyone else's help,it would have been nearly impossible without your help.For micklen32 and Augie r.i.p thanks men,see you later on.

post-837-0-65092600-1463193805_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-32290800-1463193817_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-01123100-1463193830_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-98708800-1463193840_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-06017900-1463193851_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-25111600-1463193861_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-37641000-1463193872_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-96031400-1463193881_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-69321800-1463193892_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-81051500-1463193900_thumb.jpg

Completed builds: HMB Endeavour - OcCre 1:54   HMS Supply - Caldercraft 1:64. Fishing boats, Bremen,  Palamos.

Looks fantastic Ron, well done.

You'll be able to display this with pride.

Cheers

Slog

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HM Bark Endeavour (First Wood, On Hold)

Borodino (1:200 Card, Current Build)

Admiral Nakhimov (card 1/200)

Mazur D-350 Artillery Tractor (1:25 Card) 

F-8 Crusader (1:48 Aircraft, Plastic)

Congratulations, Ron.  She's a beauty.   By all means, get her in a case.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Very impressive - really like the sails. Lovely work

Well done, Ron

Regards

Doug

Completed: HM Brig Supply - JoKita / Caldercraft 1:64

HMS Fly - Caldercraft 1:64

HMS Sherborne - Caldercraft 1:64

HM Brig Flirt - Vanguard 1:64

Hi Ron

all I can say is FABULOUS Fantastic great

You did a wonderful job on this ship

:im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :champagne-popping-smiley-emotic

Next: Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde by Euro Model 1:47

Finished: Half Moon Corel;  HMY Royal Caroline Panart; HMB Endeavour Occre 1:54; Fregatte Berlin, Corel, 1:40

A life without dogs is possible... but worth to live?

Thanks very much for all of your great comments,i can just sit here and look at it now.If anyone else does this kit follow the measurements on the plan not the ones in the colour instruction book.Now for a rest and follow all of your builds.Thanks for looking in and for your help.Ron.

Hi Ron

Absolutely well done

Very neat and tidy work

And that final shot showing off the contrasting colors

really does make it very enjoyable to look at her.

Where did you get your rigging rope from,

it does not look fuzzy at all?

A double dose of Cheers is in order today.  Chris

Thanks a lot for your comments men.the 0.25 and 0.5mm thread is caldercraft from cornwall model boats,those sizes in Occre thread were rubbish.I'm getting a guy in Christchurch here to make up an acrylic case top 4.5mm looks a bit stronger than 3mm.One of my work mates is making a base for it so should turn out well.After we move back to our rebuilt house after the eartquakes in September I've got a plastic huey to do then maybe a Chinese junk,i like them after visiting China.We'll see.

• 4 weeks later...

I tune in to catch up on my viewing,  and I see you've finished her.  congratz,  my friend......you built a fine looking ship there!   sorry to hear about the home woes.........I'm sure you'll make a fine transition with the rebuild.   will look forward taking a seat on your next one!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

• 3 weeks later...

The case all done,turned out real good.Occre very kindly sent me my missing sail so it's all ready to display in the rebuilt house when we move back in.

post-837-0-03890200-1467078588_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-02123400-1467078604_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-22864400-1467078616_thumb.jpg

Very nice Ron, you can be justifiably proud of this achievement.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

She looks great in her new abode.  Nice work on the case and base.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks very much Gentlemen,it means a lot to get great compliments.Dave we will be in the new house in September.Another case is on the cards for my Supply as well.The cover is 4.5mm Perspex made by Bnt plastics in Chch and the wooden base made by a guy at work out of rimu.I'll be keeping an eye on all of your builds with interest.Ron.