georgeband

Super detailing the cutter Sherbourne by George Bandurek

Super detailing the cutter Sherbourne, a guide to building the Caldercraft kit, by George Bandurek.

I published this book in 2011 and at the time there were several threads that showed photos of my build. These are not now easily accessible so I have resurrected some of the information. The attached pdf files are extracts from the book that show how I tackled some of the topics.

I would welcome any comments on these extracts, or if you have bought a copy of the book (thank you!) then please post a review.

More information on the book is available on my website www.grbsolutions.co.uk. Buy direct and you will get a signed copy!

George Bandurek

post-8366-0-77151900-1384636176_thumb.jpg

Shrouds.pdf

Sails MB.pdf

Cannon.pdf

Anchors.pdf

dafi, trippwj, giku22 and 8 others like this

Great to see you re-posting these, George. Thanks very much -- they really will be a help to the Sherbourne (and other) builders!

Tony

egkb likes this

My copy is in the post from Amazon.. it was Tony (tkay11 above) who put me onto it !  Just got a message saying it should be arriving in next day or two.. am looking forward to ripping the package open :)

Eamonn

foxy, Kurtrjohnson and Ryland Craze like this

George,

Probably the best tutorials I have seen to date including other sites and u-tube. Simple, plain, excellent photos, so even an idiot like myself would understand. Wish I had this when I started my HMS Victory build in 2013.

Placing this one in favorites. Very nice.

Landlubber Mike and mtaylor like this

Very nice book! Very useful and also a bit af a collectors item ;) I'm going to use it building the Lady Nelson, which is a kind of similar cutter. I first have to finish the Swift 1805, though.

mtaylor and Canute like this

The cannon technique is REALLY clever, hats off to you! I'm totally going to use this method in the future. I'm too cheep to mail order decent cannons and the only time I had to replicate cannons was on my cutter Le Renard. The kit came with carronnades only and I wanted two long gun bow chasers, which I carved. Had I known this clever technique of yours I would have had an easier time of it AND the two guns would match better than they do now. Thanks for the tip!

Canute likes this