HMS Enterprise 1774

mitchel

Hello everyone

Unfortunately my shed isn't set up with electricity or lighting and I have to use an electrical extension across my garden to my shed to do any work.

With the onset of winter this isn't really am option. The shed can be is quite dark and cold and I do not like the idea of an electrical cable lying on the wet grass.

I really want to build a wooden ship but I mentioned to my wife that I did not think this was feasible at the moment and I ended up looking at plastic and paper mediums. Perhaps build from the comfort of my home?

So, I looked in the links here and I ended up on the Polish site Shipyard.

And my wife has gone and bought me HMS Enterprise 1774 for Christmas.

Yikes!!

I was only really looking at something easy to build to help me learn. I have not done anything like this at all.

But now that she has gone and bought the kit she will be expecting great things.

Being optimistic I am looking forwards to the challenge and hopefully you guys/gals will be able to assist me.

Lord knows I will need it.

Edited by mitchel

It's like eating an elephant....just start chewing on the toe. I started much like you, and you're right...it's difficult, but a great and rewarding challenge.

good luck,

Mitchel,

Rich is right... much like the elephant eating.  There's a saying here that comes from one of our scratchbuilders (Remco)  "Treat each part as a model and when you are done, you will have more models than most can build in a lifetime".

Open a build log in the kit area and just go one step at a time.  Help will pop up when you least expect it.  ;)

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 1 month later...